Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2002 4:37:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 4:38:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 5:26:46 AM EDT
[#2]

All this because of a misdemeanor battery 18 years ago.

Police comfiscated his 14 guns.
View Quote

He sure gave them up easily enough.

Link Posted: 1/20/2002 5:32:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Thats because he was a law abiding citizen.  Let these Gestapo try that with a real bad guy and they will get them bullets first.

It is always easy to come down hard on the good guys, they put up with it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 5:40:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thats because he was a law abiding citizen.  Let these Gestapo try that with a real bad guy and they will get them bullets first.

It is always easy to come down hard on the good guys, they put up with it.
View Quote

I guess I'd go from law abiding to "real bad guy" pretty fast. [NI]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 5:48:00 AM EDT
[#5]
This is absolutely sickening. And the gubment wonders why there's a growing SHTF mentality.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 6:46:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
All this because of a misdemeanor battery 18 years ago.
Police comfiscated his 14 guns.
View Quote

He sure gave them up easily enough.
View Quote

As would nearly EVERY one here as well (provided we had no time to hide or stash them).  Shows me the big-talking "from my cold dead hands" crowd is just that, just big-talk.

Imagine this: A squad of LEO/JBT knocks at your door with or without warrant (not important as Maryland example proves) and demands to "search" your house for contraband.  Finds your guns.  Does a computer check and finds you have a previous piddly-squat conviction that NOW entitles them to confiscate your guns.  [b]Do you shout "from my cold dead hands!" and rush in and start shooting at kevlar-wearing LEOs "in defense of your rights"?[/b] Or do you shout "you'll hear from my lawyer!" and then promptly turn around, drop your drawers and take it up the rear? All the while watching your guns removed from your house, never to be seen again.

Yeah, that's what I thought.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top