Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2002 8:02:25 PM EDT
hmmmm?
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:06:01 PM EDT
[#1]
rules is rules - even if they make them as they go along.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:06:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Raiders got screwed on the call, but it doesn't really matter since Baltimore is gonna kick N.E.'s ass next week!!!!

[prayer mode on]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:12:46 PM EDT
[#3]
replay's clearly show he wasn't throwing the ball contrary to the QB's post game statement!

what's done is done.. [:(]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:16:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I would be pretty mad if the original call had been no fumble, but that's the call, that's life.

I am PISSED that review, which is supposed to be based on finding CLEAR EVIDENCE to overturn the call on the field, prevailed.  The Raiders got screwed!
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:19:15 PM EDT
[#5]
There will always be blown or questionable calls. The one I remember the most was in an AFC conference Championship game between the Oilers and the Steelers. Even though replays clearly showed he was in the end zone, the refs ruled Mike Renfro caught the winning TD pass out of bounds costing the Oilers a trip to the Superbowl.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:22:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, The Evil Raiders got it in the A**, but that's where they like it anyway.
Memo to Gus:
Baltimore isn't playing next week. I know this because I have three cans of Iron City left from the case I had imported this summer.
One for tomorrow. One for the Patsies. And one for when the Awesome, Big-Play, FOUR-TIME WORLD CHAMPION, Bounceback, Never-Say-Die Pittsburgh Steelers take the field in New Orleans.
Seriously, it should be a gut-bustin', mother-lovin' hell of a football game tomorrow. Can't wait.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:28:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yeah, The Evil Raiders got it in the A**, but that's where they like it anyway.
Memo to Gus:
Baltimore isn't playing next week. I know this because I have three cans of Iron City left from the case I had imported this summer.
One for tomorrow. One for the Patsies. And one for when the Awesome, Big-Play, FOUR-TIME WORLD CHAMPION, Bounceback, Never-Say-Die Pittsburgh Steelers take the field in New Orleans.
Seriously, it should be a gut-bustin', mother-lovin' hell of a football game tomorrow. Can't wait.
View Quote

No doubt - might be the best game of the season!
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 9:07:59 PM EDT
[#8]
It was a fumble.

I'm glad the Pats won, but geez, that was obviously a fumble.

Shawn
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 12:06:33 PM EDT
[#9]
While it appeared to be a fumble, according to the RULES it was an incomplete pass. It was explained clearly on the NFL pre-game show this morning. I am a long time Raider fan & thought it was a BS call & still do. But it was the **legal** call.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Fumble called. --the right call.

Review: left hand comes up and touches the ball before Woodson knocks it out.  Thus, arm to rest and 'tucked to body'.  --the fan's call.

Call reversed: no fumble. --the ref's call.

Pats score and Raiders demoralized. --priceless example of how replay is a bunch of useless shit.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 12:16:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
While it appeared to be a fumble, according to the RULES it was an incomplete pass. It was explained clearly on the NFL pre-game show this morning. I am a long time Raider fan & thought it was a BS call & still do. But it was the **legal** call.
View Quote

No use wasting space when you've got it right.
Unfortunately.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 2:06:36 PM EDT
[#12]
That was THE play of the game. Woodson? Should've made MVP for that play!
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Woodson should have stuck with the Steelers. Trator [:D]

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 3:08:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Woodson should have stuck with the Steelers. Trator [:D]

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
View Quote

Charles Woodson never played with the Steelers.  That was Rod Woodson, who now plays for the Ravens.  The Ravens that just got trashed by his former team.  Muahahahahah!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top