Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2002 4:17:52 PM EDT
Finally got a digital cam so here's my dog. His name is "Murphy" - he's a Lakeland Terrier.  Sure hope this works...

[img]http://pstr-m01.ygpweb.aol.com/data/00F/7D/F1/B3/46/4IZHI+NV-ZI6gh08i6TUB3witr38wtHI0180.jpg[/img]

Since this is a firearms board I'll add one of my handguns, this one's S&W Model 29-6. Great shooter and it also had a nice finish.

[img]http://pstr-m05.ygpweb.aol.com/data/00F/7C/C8/D0/2C/hOfByzfDeuudZyC5X7S5w9QDm0evDg2M0180.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 4:43:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Cute doggie!
Great gun!
Have you taught him to shoot yet?
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 4:47:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Cute doggie!
Great gun!
Have you taught him to shoot yet?
View Quote

No he's definately not a gun dog. I took him to the range once and had to bring him back -- he was scared to death of the noise. Hates the 4th of July too.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 4:49:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Awwwww, poor little guy.
A good reason for Daddy to buy a suppressor. [:D]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 4:54:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I took a pic of my dog once when he was a pup - he just about pissed himself!!  The flash scared him so bad that to this day he runs whenever the camera comes out. Strangely, he doesn't mind guns at all. He is also terrified of Maglite flash lights. He was looking at the beam on the wall one day and when I twisted the barrel to widen it up to flood, he totally freaked! If you turn it on with a beam or flood doesn't bother him, it's when you transition from beam to flood and the pattern gets big that he doesn't like.  Strange dog, that Bo. You'd think a 120lb Rott/Shep would be a little more, uh, brave?
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 5:02:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I took a pic of my dog once when he was a pup - he just about pissed himself!!  The flash scared him so bad that to this day he runs whenever the camera comes out. Strangely, he doesn't mind guns at all. He is also terrified of Maglite flash lights. He was looking at the beam on the wall one day and when I twisted the barrel to widen it up to flood, he totally freaked! If you turn it on with a beam or flood doesn't bother him, it's when you transition from beam to flood and the pattern gets big that he doesn't like.  Strange dog, that Bo. You'd think a 120lb Rott/Shep would be a little more, uh, brave?
View Quote

Thats funny. I have seen dogs chase the beam on TV but never heard of a dog thats scared of it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 5:04:44 PM EDT
[#6]
The game of "Chase the flashlight beam" is a huge hit around here, all the Rotties will almost climb walls to "bite the light".
But our most ferocious male is terrified of paper.....anything paper...envelopes, newspapers, postcards.
He was never hit with anything, but just cowers at paper. All we have to do is shake it at him, and he hits the floor, groveling. Luckily the other three think he is nuts and wonder what he is so freaked out at, so we are still protected if a BG comes armed with an envelope.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 5:16:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Hannah - have you tried "chase the laser pointer" yet? I have yet to see a dog (or cat) that doesn't just go nuts trying to catch that little red dot!!!  Lotsa fun!
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 5:36:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh yeah, the laser pointers are a favorite too.
ECS, does Murphy chase lasers or flashlights too?
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 5:54:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Oh yeah, the laser pointers are a favorite too.
ECS, does Murphy chase lasers or flashlights too?
View Quote

He totally ignores flashlights.

BUT

If you get anything out with wheels on it or an extension cord, vacuum, etc. he locks on and won't let go [whacko]

I think he's thinking the cords are some sort of snake....
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 5:58:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Bark... Bark....[:E]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 6:16:47 PM EDT
[#11]
here is my dandi isomerase 5 months ago

[img]http://www.ehomebook.com/users/Isomerase/images/dandi%201st%20day.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.ehomebook.com/users/Isomerase/images/dandi%20on%20floor%20pup.jpg[/img]

Iso
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 6:34:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Dandi's a nice looking pup.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top