Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2001 9:34:17 AM EDT
Only to those who are participating in "End of Trail World Championship of Cowboy Action Shooting and Wild West Jubilee" hosted by Single Action Shooting Society.

Read all about the latest travesty by kalifornia's own attorney general moron, herr bill lockyer:

[URL]http://www.KeepAndBearArms.com/information/XcIBViewItem.asp?ID=1950[/URL]

As mentioned in the article, this selective enforcement of the law by lockyer is most likely illegal. Just think of how much property would be siezed if all of the SASS people at this event are deemed to be in violation of SB23.
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 9:44:00 AM EDT
[#1]
This has got to be the first time i have seen someone her complain that a gun law isnt being aggressively enforced enough.

Give me a break, They did the right thing. Plus it establishes a presedence that makes it easier for DCM/NRA Highpower shooters and IPSC/IDPA shooter to get the same exemption for their matches.
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 9:48:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the link, Imbrog|io.
This just shows once again how hypocritical these people and laws are...
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 9:52:43 AM EDT
[#3]
BTT
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 10:18:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Haha ya it sets a precdence that people willingly accept that the only guns that are acceptible in kalifornia are for "sporting purposes" only. Like I said before, there are those that view gun ownership as a mere hobby and pastime; an activity to do until something else better comes along. Then there are the others that view gun ownership as liberty teeth and a inalienable right.

They knowingly passed a defective law and want to look the other way when it is politically correct?  Ever hear of equal protection?
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 10:23:41 AM EDT
[#5]
The AG has NO RIGHT to selectively enforce the law this way.  This does strengthen the argument to repeal this law in the courts, as it violates Equal Protection as enforced.
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 10:35:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Rich in CM:
The AG has NO RIGHT to selectively enforce the law this way.
View Quote

Actually he does. The law specifically give DOJ that discretion. Not to mention CPC section 4.

Link Posted: 3/14/2001 10:41:11 AM EDT
[#7]
ROFLMAO, You guys act like you are surprised....

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WHEN DEALIN WITH THE

KALIKOMMIES!!!!

Link Posted: 3/14/2001 10:59:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Did you even read the letter from the doj to Boyd Davis of SASS?

Dear Mr. Davis,

The Department of Justice recognizes the sport and entertainment value associated with the 20th Annual
                            END of TRAIL World Championship of Cowboy Action Shooting event. This event to be held in Norco,
                            California, April 25-29, 2001, will provide entertainment and sport for more than 15,000 individuals. We
                            recognize the need of competitors to possess replicas of antique "cowboy" rifles for participation in your
                            event. We have no objection to your regulated possession and use of such rifles as well as the possession
                            of such rifles for the specific purposed of travel into and within our state for this year's event.

Additionally, our office will contact Riverside District Attorney Grove Trask along with Riverside County
                            Sheriff Larry Smith and communicate our position of non-objection to the event and the rifles utilized by
                            participants.

Finally, I appreciate your close working relationship with this office and wish you success in this year's
                            event.

Randi Rossi, Firearms Division
                            For Bill Lockyer, Attorney General

There is NO MENTION of the issuance of permits to the individual participants which is required under 12079a:

12079. (a) Upon a showing that good cause exists, the Department of Justice may issue permits for the
                            possession, transportation, or sale between a person licensed pursuant to Section 12071 and an
                            out-of-state client, of large capacity magazines. (b) For purposes of this section, "large capacity
                            magazine" shall have the same meaning as that set forth in paragraph (25) of subdivision (c) of Section

What the DOJ is doing is asking the Riverside County Sheriff to look the other way and a mere letter would probably not be legally binding. I don't know if you are up on current events but the last time an attorney general pulled a "look the other way" and extended the "assault weapon" registration past march of 1992, 1500 people that complied got letters stating they were in possession of illegal "assault weapons" and had to get rid of them. Then there is lockyer's Great Western Gun Show fiasco where he had LE weapons displayed at the press conference in an attempt to mislead the sheeple that anyone can go in and buy a MP5 and M16.  I do not put it past this clown that he wouldn't try to pull another scam. He has already demonstrated that he believes that the ends justifies the means.
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 12:22:27 PM EDT
[#9]
It`s hard to teach my kids what`s right and whats wrong when the State of California has dual stantards for it`s laws.
I really feel sorry for you leo`s, trying to keep up with every nuance of laws that are unconstitutional. Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 12:33:49 PM EDT
[#10]
The real problem (besides the Kalifornia BS laws) is the SASS in this case.
What they should of done is to cancel the event in Kalifornia and move it somewhere else, such as AZ.

If I were close to Kalifornia I would get an AR15 with a Beta-C mag and a single action cowboy pistol and then head on out to the local ranges to "practice".
Just imagine if a couple thousand of those SASS shooters did that.
The Kalinazis would FREAK!
GEF
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 5:49:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Im sure he is going to alert all leo throught the entire state not to enforce this.I think there will be one person who will run into trouble somehow by un informed leo.
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 6:27:26 PM EDT
[#12]
One of the major organizations in the shooting sports(SASS) is going to hold their largest event, which will draw many participants and spectators which in turn will help to fuel the economies of those are rather firearms unfriendly. If there is something I am missing here please explain?
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 7:25:05 PM EDT
[#13]
LawDawg,
I think you missed the point.  You are saying that people should be happy because now they can get exemptions to have shooting matches, while people that own firearms not as toys for a hobby, but for personal protection, must still suffer under the misconstrued law?  I assure you that people in life or death situations need those extra rounds a hell of a lot more than a high power shooter or a IPSC/IDPA shooter.
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Typical Kali
Remember they are the state that will onlly grant Title 3 rights to Hollywood studios.
I am surprised someone hasn't set up a new studio, wink, wink,/shooting club.
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 7:41:55 PM EDT
[#15]
SASS should never have agreed to go to Kali.
I hope members going there spend the minimum amount there. Kalifornia should not benefit from the tourist dollars of people they despise.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 8:04:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Reminds me of the double standards the USSR would apply.  Their citizens were severly limited, yet the limitations were lifted for global political reasons.

Dictator Lockyer can change the law when and where he decides and the Kal SC would back him 100%.  It's impossible to fight this, due to our lack of funds and their unlimited PRK tax dollars.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top