Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2009 9:07:52 PM EDT
I'm just getting a start on a source of income here. I'm starting to type it up as you read this. This is a test. This is only a test.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––-

I'm an out of work drafter. I have a full version of AutoCAD 2009. I have an Associates Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology Design.

My resume is available at CareerBuilder.com

I have 5 years expericence in designing custom Applebee's restaurants and 2 years experience as a Structural Designer.

I also have experience as a CAD Manager. At my last place of employment, I was responsible for 16 seats of AutoCAD. I installed, updated, and kept up to date libraries on all 16 seats.

ETA: I have 14 years of AutoCAD experience. I have had lots of experience in the AutoCAD industry. Everything from reverse engineering medical devices to detailing structural rebar and structural steel connections.

Link Posted: 5/21/2009 9:09:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you do a Walmart parking lot encounter diagram for me?
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 9:14:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Design me a rube goldberg type machine to cook my breakfast in the morning.

I will pay $5.00
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 9:14:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Did you have a draw down?

And yes I can. I've worked at hamilton fixture. I did 3D plans of woods displays like you find at hollywood video. Each pannel was drawn in 3D and sent to the shops wood cutters.

ETA: I thought you said "checkout encounter".
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 9:15:47 PM EDT
[#4]
design me a urinal with no splash back and you'll make millions.
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 9:15:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Can you draw us a Fleshlight?
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 9:16:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I will pay $5.00

The vagina design will cost extra, or less depending on how horny I am.
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 9:19:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

with picatinny rail mount?

Link Posted: 5/21/2009 9:21:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I will pay $5.00

I think you quoted the wrong post there sparky!
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 9:22:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

design me a urinal with no splash back and you'll make millions.

It's already been invented. It's called a funnel.

But I hear your pain brother.
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 9:22:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah!

kinda like the tactical mug..   only tighter

Link Posted: 5/21/2009 9:24:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will pay $5.00

I think you quoted the wrong post there sparky!

Nope, I think you missed the "woman get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich" joke sparkless.
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 9:27:22 PM EDT
[#12]
i am looking for an CAD designer that is willing to work under NDA.  do you charge by the project or hour?

what are the rates?"
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 9:32:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

i am looking for an CAD designer that is willing to work under NDA. do you charge by the project or hour?

what are the rates?"

What is NDA and send me a PM explaining please.

Rates depend on the work involved.

I will give a quick quote of 14 an hour.

It really all depends on the complexity and the demands of the job involved.

If it is some person wanting a rough drawing of the deck on his house, it will be cheaper.

If it is a person wanting super detailed drawings of a 7 story 25 apartment retro fit to an existing 1930's building, it will be slightly more.

Link Posted: 5/21/2009 9:36:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I used CAD in high school, awesome fun program. I miss it
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 9:42:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
i am looking for an CAD designer that is willing to work under NDA. do you charge by the project or hour?

what are the rates?"

If it is some person wanting a rough drawing of the deck on his house, it will be cheaper.

If it is a person wanting super detailed drawings of a 7 story 25 apartment retro fit to an existing 1930's building, it will be slightly more.

NDA= Non-Disclosure Agreement

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-disclosure_agreement
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 9:45:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Instead of 'GripPod" call it the "JunkPod", plant it on your junk for maximum support.  The faster you fire, the faster, well, you know.
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 9:53:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

what are the rates?"

NDA= Non-Disclosure Agreement

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-disclosure_agreement

Yep, thanks for the reply. I actually googled it after I asked.

I can work "under" the NDA. If I have to sign something I will but only if it is understandable in laymens terms.

Otherwise I will have to start charging for my lawyer fees.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:29:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Still looking for work?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#19]
How's you Solid Edge/Solid Works mojo?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah!

Shot glass size okay?

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:38:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah!

Shot glass size okay?

I'll need a 5 gal bucket model.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:39:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you have a draw down?

And yes I can. I've worked at hamilton fixture. I did 3D plans of woods displays like you find at hollywood video. Each pannel was drawn in 3D and sent to the shops wood cutters.

ETA: I thought you said "checkout encounter".

They needed 3d models for wood shelves that bolt together?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#23]
DIAS ans Lightning Links?

I kid, I kid. Please don't shoot my dog.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:42:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm just getting a start on a source of income here. I'm starting to type it up as you read this. This is a test. This is only a test.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––-

I'm an out of work drafter. I have a full version of AutoCAD 2009. I have an Associates Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology Design.

I have 5 years expericence in designing custom Applebee's restaurants and 2 years experience as a Structural Designer.

I also have experience as a CAD Manager. At my last place of employment, I was responsible for 16 seats of AutoCAD. I installed, updated, and kept up to date libraries on all 16 seats.

ETA: I have 14 years of AutoCAD experience. I have had lots of experience in the AutoCAD industry. Everything from reverse engineering medical devices to detailing structural rebar and structural steel connections.

Do you do 3D work? I have an IGES file that is partially cleaned up from a plug I had digitized and would like to make a CNC'd mold. The CNC time is owed to me, I just need to get the files finished.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:43:47 PM EDT
[#25]
i am going to tag this as i suspect it will be a fun thread
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:45:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I had a CAD class in high school, I made DIAS, lightning links, Stens, Uzis, 1911s, granades (flash bang, frag and glocks ) it was a great class.
I think I may still have the files on a flash drive.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:45:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Do you know how to get that stupid line out of your post so we don't have to scroll back and forth?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:47:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
i am looking for an CAD designer that is willing to work under NDA.  do you charge by the project or hour?

what are the rates?"

Isn't an NDA kind of assumed?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:48:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Good luck on the new job endevor, maybe you won't have to go thru with selling off your entire life like in the hometown thread.  

I was a CAD drafter for a couple years, went to ITT and had a good spot with a local engineering firm. It was the costliest life leson I have had to date; I don't do well in cubicle type office jobs. Worked there for a little short of three years and snapped at work.

I went back to cooking for a living the next week and have been happy ever since...

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:49:18 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had a CAD class in high school, I made DIAS, lightning links, Stens, Uzis, 1911s, granades (flash bang, frag and glocks
) it was a great class.
I wish I knew more about it. I had a close relative that spent years using autocad and other similar programs install it on my computer and was going to teach me how to use it but he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and passed away shortly after.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:52:29 PM EDT
[#31]
You have my respect.  I wouldn't be able to draw a simple rectangular block without a how-to guide.  Autocad is a very powerful tool but take it from me, it is NOT

intuitive to a beginner!

I have Autocad 2000i lt,  and Autocad Mechanical and can't make heads or tails of either of them.  (They were given to me by a company that downsized their entire

engineering and design staff to a shadow of what it once was.  They were literally filling the dumpster with EXPENSIVE software packages.   I grabbed every good

set I could find.

I guess I should take a course...

CJ

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:55:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I will pay $5.00

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:20:59 PM EDT
[#33]
I take it that's a "no"?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Most of the stuff guys here would probably want would be better designed in SolidWorks I imagine.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:27:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
You have my respect.  I wouldn't be able to draw a simple rectangular block without a how-to guide.  Autocad is a very powerful tool but take it from me, it is NOT
intuitive to a beginner!

I have Autocad 2000i lt,  and Autocad Mechanical and can't make heads or tails of either of them.  (They were given to me by a company that downsized their entire
engineering and design staff to a shadow of what it once was.  They were literally filling the dumpster with EXPENSIVE software packages.   I grabbed every good
set I could find.

CJ

Try Autocad R14.

The newer versions such as you have are MUCH easier to use than R14 was.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:58:54 PM EDT
[#36]
How about drawing a 10/22 receiver? How much would you charge?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:04:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I used CAD in high school, awesome fun program. I miss it

I did it for 12 years, the money was good when there was work but other than that, I don't really miss it much.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:07:44 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

intuitive to a beginner!

set I could find.

CJ

Try Autocad R14.

The newer versions such as you have are MUCH easier to use than R14 was.

Thats what  I started on...

Upgraded to solid works not too long ago.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:10:23 PM EDT
[#39]
free bump to see if Arfcom gets OP a job
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:20:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Good luck to the original OP, finally after months I found employment.  I work as CAD consultant to a company in Nashville and get to work at home FULL OF WIN.  Yeah I got AutoCAD (all versions) Microstation (all versions) and now the latest in CAD software Revit 2010.  Lots of fun to use.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:08:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'm an out of work drafter. I have a full version of AutoCAD 14 2009. I have an Associates Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology Design and an MBA from a snooty private school in Dallas.

Well if you can do this, so can I!!!!!  AutoCAD is a lot of fun ... my wife and I useit for our little home projects just because we're nerds!  

Good luck to you buddy!  Most of our guys our CATIA / UG drivers ... unfortunately not much AutoCAD with my employer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top