Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/19/2002 8:04:15 AM EDT
How many forum members does it take to change a
lightbulb?

Answer: 422.

1 to change the lightbulb and post it to the board that the bulb
has been changed.

14 to respond and share similar experiences.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing lightbulbs.

27 to point out spelling errors and grammatical errors in
postings about changing lightbulbs.

53 to flame the spell-checkers.

156 to write to the administrator to complain about the lightbulb
discussion and its inappropriateness to the board.

111 to defend the relevance of the lightbulb discussion.

27 to post website addresses where one can see different examples
of lightbulbs.

14 to complain that the website addresses are incorrect and post
correct ones.

12 to "leave the board forever" because they can't
handle the lightbulb controversy.

Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:06:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought you were inviting us over to change a bulb for you. [:)]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:08:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:17:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Light bulb is two words not one. [s]lightbulb[/s][flame]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:19:05 AM EDT
[#4]
How many leprechauns does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Two, but the trick is getting them in the lightbulb first.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:19:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:23:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Hannah,
surely there should be at least some discussion and general disagreement over what constitutes a light bulb, should a light bulb be changed (is this just another form of cloning ?) and the religious implications.

[smoke]

Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:24:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Thats pretty funny Hannah.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:32:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:35:22 AM EDT
[#9]
That's it, I'm out of here for good.

I can deal with racial discussions, religious discussions, but you people have finally done it.

What went so wrong around here? At what fork in the road did AR15.com head straight to hell? This lightbulb stuff is WAY out of line.

I'm leaving this site and NEVER coming back. It's gonna just be me and StyerAug from now on. We don't need the internet anyway. We can just call eachother on the phone when we have absolutely nothing worthwhile to say. Got it? I'm gone.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:38:17 AM EDT
[#10]
UGOTIT, Hannah.[smoke]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:55:25 AM EDT
[#11]
What makes this so funny is that its right on the money.  Good show![:)]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 9:00:48 AM EDT
[#12]
*giggling*

[url]m-w.com[/url]
Main Entry: light·bulb
Pronunciation: 'lIt-"b&lb
Function: noun
Date: 1884
[url]http://webster.directhit.com/webster/search.php?qry=lightbulb[/url]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 9:08:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm leaving this site and NEVER coming back.
View Quote

So then I shall consider you pre-ban(ed)?
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 9:11:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hannah,
surely there should be at least some discussion and general disagreement over what constitutes a light bulb, should a light bulb be changed (is this just another form of cloning ?) and the religious implications.

[smoke]

View Quote

Was due and careful consideration given as to sourcing, brand and wattage of this light bulb 'before' installation ?
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 9:15:30 AM EDT
[#15]
what about the 30 members who will lecture you on their interpretation of the laws relating to changing light bulbs, and report the sale of high cap light bulbs to administration on EBAY.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 9:17:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Where are the 85 people to BTT the thread endlessly?

or the 7 dedicated posters to complain about the character limit, which make posting heir rebuttals difficult?

Or the guy from a foreign Nordic European country to brag about how they can own any bulb they want, for about LEO MSRP price, even thogh we poor saps in the US are stuck with semi-dimmer lightbulbs with a minimum bulb length?

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 9:18:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
How about a few guys just wanting to get their post count up by responding with a [:D]...like me....[:D]
View Quote

Good plan...[:D]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 9:43:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Or the guy from a foreign Nordic European country to brag about how they can own any bulb they want, for about LEO MSRP price, even thogh we poor saps in the US are stuck with semi-dimmer lightbulbs with a minimum bulb length?

Juggernaut
View Quote

LOL!
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 9:54:47 AM EDT
[#19]
This is why I love this place.

ITS LIKE HAVING 400 FAMILY MEMBERS OVER FOR DINNER WITHOUT THE FOOD AND THE CLEANUP OF THE PARTY THAT RESULTS.

Benjamin
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 10:02:25 AM EDT
[#20]
What`s an assault lightbulb?.........[stick]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 10:04:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Actually you should be using replacement ultra long life florescent bulbs so you never have to change a lightbulb again.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 10:19:54 AM EDT
[#22]
I demand the moderators lock this topic and GB to ban Hannah for posting such jibberish in our GUN board.

[i]edited to add[/i]

What about 25 post asking for a naked pic of said light bulb.

Link Posted: 1/19/2002 10:27:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 10:29:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 10:32:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 10:33:27 AM EDT
[#26]
That's it. I'm going to have to lock this thread!

Nonsense gibberish about screwing[sex]...don't you know that such posts are offensive?
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 10:41:52 AM EDT
[#27]
"How many Saudis does it take to change a lightbulb?"
"None. They hire a British engineering firm to to it. Lightbulbs can be dangerous"

"How many Russians does it take to change a lightbulb?"
"Why do you want to know about our maintenance schedules? Are you planning to attack us in the dark?"

"How many musicians does it take to change a lightbulb?"
"None. It sounds perfectly OK to them."

"How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb?"
"Depends what you want them to change it into."

"How many Special Forces members does it take to change a lightbulb?"
"None. You can scream and leap in the dark."
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 11:00:24 AM EDT
[#28]
"How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?"

The answer is None:

AR15.com forum members are not afraid of the dark.

Jay
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 11:41:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Later on tonight, when I'm working on my second six pack, I just know this thread is going to crack me up.
If it doesn't, I'll just have to keep chugging until I pass out.

By the way, I don't normally drink, but..........
[size=6]BEAR'S WIN!!!![/size=6]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 12:03:24 PM EDT
[#30]
[size=6]BUMP[/size=6]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 12:29:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Later on tonight, when I'm working on my second six pack, I just know this thread is going to crack me up.
If it doesn't, I'll just have to keep chugging until I pass out.

By the way, I don't normally drink, but..........
[size=6]BEAR'S WIN!!!![/size=6]
View Quote

Is it over? Did they win already? S**t! I must've passed out.

Go Bears!
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 12:41:14 PM EDT
[#32]
NO, THE BEARS DID NOT WIN
The game doesn't start until 3:30pm Central. The National Anthem is being sung as I write this post.

I Hope the Bears lose anyways.

Hannah..you been spending way too much time at Full-Auto.com to come up with nasty AR15.com jokes like that.  [;D]

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 1:11:58 PM EDT
[#33]
My all time favorite (from "My Blue Heaven"):

What is the difference between a pregnant woman and a light bulb?
You can unscrew a light bulb.

[:D]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 1:42:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Actually, I found it on a Rottweiler Forum. [:D]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 1:45:40 PM EDT
[#35]
How many psychiatrists to change a light bulb? Only one, but it takes a long time, and the light bulb has to want to change.

Oh wait, I have a longer version of that too:

How many internet mail list subscribers does it take to change a light bulb?

A: 1,343

1 to change the light bulb and to post to the mail list that the light bulb has been changed;

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently;

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs;

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs;

53 to flame the spell checkers;

41 to correct spelling/grammar flames;

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"; another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive;

156 to write to the list administrator about the light bulb discussion and its inappropriateness to this mail list;

109 to post that this list is not about light bulbs and to please take this email exchange to litebulb-l;

203 to demand that cross posting to grammar-l, spelling-l and illuminate-l about changing light bulbs be stopped;

111 to defend the posting to this list saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this mail list;

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty;

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs;

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and to post the corrected URL's;

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this list which makes light bulbs relevant to this list;

33 to link all posts to date, then quote them including all headers and footers and then add "Me too";

12 to post to the list that they are unsubscribing because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy;

19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three";

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ;

44 to ask what is "FAQ";

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago on Usenet?"

43 to ask "what's Usenet?"

And don't forget about the 38 people to say "don't buy light bulbs at store X because they thought about donating money to the Brady Bunch 20 years ago"

Link Posted: 1/19/2002 2:19:47 PM EDT
[#36]
How about we start a thread called:

BOTD- bulb of the day, we could post pics. And jump on the ones with the red 'X'  [thinking]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 2:42:50 PM EDT
[#37]
This delicate little number was made in the early 1900s by a European bulbsmith named Billy.
As you can see, the filament is constructed of pure Arabian horse hair.........

[img]http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/Boomholzer/prebanl%20light%20bulb.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 3:01:50 PM EDT
[#38]
How many British does it take to screw in a light bulb?
None, the British don't screw in light bulbs.  They have bayonet sockets.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 3:35:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Nothing over 40 watts.....after all...we ARE energy conservant.........[stick]......(looks like eagles win.....[kill] )
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 3:43:24 PM EDT
[#40]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
How about a few guys just wanting to get their post count up by responding with a ...like me....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats the plan... [:D]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 3:50:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Are they "Pre-ban" or "Post-ban" light bulbs? If they are post-ban, aren't they limited to a maximum wattage? Can anyone help us out on this one???
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 3:55:59 PM EDT
[#42]
This is for all you light bulb enthusiast loosers[:)].  

Fluorescent is the correct spelling. NOT florescent[stick].  You do have to change lamps in fluorescent fixtures eventually, ballasts too.

The socket you put a lamp (aka- light bulb) in is called a screw shell[sex].

P.S. The good thing of fluorescent fixtures is not only the lower wattage.  You screw the power company out of more money, through inductive reactance of the transformer in the ballast. [}:D]

Link Posted: 1/19/2002 4:22:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

P.S. The good thing of fluorescent fixtures is not only the lower wattage.  You screw the power company out of more money, through inductive reactance of the transformer in the ballast. [}:D]
View Quote

For those of you familiar with complex power......
The power company charges on power (Watts)/time (P/t) or "true power", that is simply:
P = (I^2)R, VI, or (V^2)/R
where: [i]* ^2 = squared[/i]

Since in the US, power is supplied via a 60Hz sinusoid and the ballast load is inductive, it has a reactive impedance "Z" which is dependant on the frequency (60Hz). Now enters the complex J component in the load which the power company ignores in the power math. This is the apparent power; "S" The units are; VA or Volts-Amperes.
Just substitue the the impedance "Z" for the real resistance "R" in the above power equations.

There is also VAR reactive power.........

Link Posted: 1/19/2002 4:58:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
This is for all you light bulb enthusiast loosers[:)].  

Fluorescent is the correct spelling. NOT florescent[stick].  You do have to change lamps in fluorescent fixtures eventually, ballasts too.

View Quote

I was referring to the florescent use of fluorescent bulbs. [:)]

BTW, What is a "loosers?" [:D]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 5:27:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
BTW, What is a "loosers?" [:D]
View Quote

Loosers are the natural enemy of "tighters."
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 6:35:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 7:15:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Doesn’t this belong in the Troubleshooting Forum?
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 7:24:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Everybody knows chrome-lined lightbulbs are better.

Is is [i]really[/i] a mil-spec lightbulb?

Does it have a .223 or 5.56 socket?  Screwing one onto the other could make the bulb blow up.  

How do I make it turn on full-auto?  Just for educational purposes, of course.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 7:31:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

For those of you familiar with complex power......
The power company charges on power (Watts)/time (P/t) or "true power", that is simply:
P = (I^2)R, VI, or (V^2)/R
where: [i]* ^2 = squared[/i]

Since in the US, power is supplied via a 60Hz sinusoid and the ballast load is inductive, it has a reactive impedance "Z" which is dependant on the frequency (60Hz). Now enters the complex J component in the load which the power company ignores in the power math. This is the apparent power; "S" The units are; VA or Volts-Amperes.
Just substitue the the impedance "Z" for the real resistance "R" in the above power equations.

There is also VAR reactive power.........

View Quote

Hannibal, the crazy fool Murdock is talkin nonesense again.  I don't wanna hear no jibba jabba!
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 9:31:08 PM EDT
[#50]
we need to ban lightbulbs for the children!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top