Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2002 6:46:50 AM EDT
    I have a tactical ergo grip with the "lip" at the back that goes up the rear of the reciever.  The lip is kind of off center.

Does anyone know if I can I heat the piece up and bend it so it mates with the reciever properly?  Or maybe boiling water to soften the plastic?  Im not sure what type of plastic they are made of or if this is possible, but I thought you guys may know.

TIA,
Newguy
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 6:57:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 7:03:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Paul,

I was afraid of that.  I just hate the wait you know?  I was hoping that it could be a quick fix by applying heat and slight pressure.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 7:36:25 AM EDT
[#3]
You need to put the rifle in a strong vise[:K]  Then get a good hammer[:K]  Once you have secured your footing and have taken aim, strike the area of the reciever in question[:K]  Hammer the crap out of the lower to mate up with your custom grip[:K]  You may need to touch up with a Sharpie after hammering[:K]

Really, if you have access to a heat gun, you may want to try that. It may be easier to just do a return if it's real off...

[:K]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top