Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2002 7:46:20 PM EDT
Diversity-meaning different or divided.

In the turn of the century(1900), white European settlers where so easily able to defeat Native Americans(or Indians for those of you from Arkansas) not only because they posessed firearms, but because the Native Americans were disorganized due to cultural differences, morals, and language. Simply using this example, one must see how embracing this way of thinking will certainly lead to our demise as a nation. This is not to say that we should turn away people of color or those who are different, but we must all understand that if we become(as we are) a nation of tribes who cannot communicate or possibly comprehenend each other's beliefs or values, then how can we be one nation undivisable under God? Immigrants have come here since the beginning to better themselves, escape tyranny, or religious persecution. If you cannot embrace the Judo-Christian foundation that made the country great, then maybe you should leave. Again, this is not an assault on immigrants and people of color, but just remember, if you have come here for any of the reasons previously mentioned, in order to make your dreams reality, you must speak our language, respect our laws, culture, and way of life. To do anything less will only result in creating the nightmare you left behind.  Look forward, not back, we are not a nation in retreat. This is the United States of America-the greatest nation of the face of the earth.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 7:52:49 PM EDT
[#1]
[beer] [beer] [beer] [beer]

Hear! Hear!

Bravo, Gunsnob!

[beer] [beer] [beer] [beer]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 8:07:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 8:12:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 8:16:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I enjoy the fact that folks from Arkansas and New York speak very differently! We all sound different from California, as well.

But we never had any problems when it came to fighting common enemies, unlike the American Indian tribes.

If they knew then, what they know now, I am most certain they would have met the Mayflower on the beach and murdered everyone of those Pilgrims, and sent their scalps back to the Old World as a warning!

Eric The(TheyJustDidn'tKnowWhatWasGettingOffTheBoat)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 8:28:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 8:35:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Raf,

Don't hate me because I am beautiful. I'm Portaguese and married to an ENGLISH-speaking MEXICAN-AMERICAN wife. So take racist, put it in your pipe and smoke it with Billy Clinton.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 8:35:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
racist crap
View Quote
Oh, CAN IT!
The only swill is the the cry of "racism" that gets thrown about so easily by people that can't stand a difference of opinion.

Link Posted: 1/18/2002 8:45:25 PM EDT
[#8]
ron97sw6

Thanks for the support brother. People are so sensitive. That's why the truth offends them. Keep up the good fight and don't get any on ya.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 8:46:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 8:47:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 9:03:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Raf,

I respect your ablitiy to as you say " call 'em as you see 'em" the only problem is you can't see me and if you did, you would probably think that I am one of "those" that I am refering to. I my opinion the only racist here is you. Think long and hard about what it is that you believe in. When they knock at your door for your guns, rights, etc. and you stand alone, just remember those words of wisdom from Heinz57 GUNSNOB. Oh, but don't worry, you all won't be able to understand each other.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 9:09:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I havta say ERIC , You have been in a Rare Mood Today. haha.

"I imagine a Camo clothed Lawyer standing in the Smelting POT of IDEAS with a CAN of Coleman FUEL and A MATCH."

You have started more Bon-Fires today. Next thing you know You will be Arguing for BOOK BURNING and HOW WE SHOULD ABANDON THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA TO DEMOCRATS.  Hahahahah

A  [BEER] To ERIC(THECONTRARIAN)HUN

Benjamin

Link Posted: 1/18/2002 9:16:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 9:18:38 PM EDT
[#14]
EricTheHun,

Fight the good fight, brother.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 9:21:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey Gunsnob,

Some of what you say makes sense. But then again 7 of the 10 things that the KKK preaches as their primary beliefs sound pretty good too. It's the other three that leave the door open for something scary.

Speaking as a Cherokee/white guy, whose girlfriend is black/hispanic, I fully agree with the concept of mixtures of cultures and races. I just don't believe in it being forced on anyone (not that you are preeching that but your on the edge)

The thing that I do have a problem with is your reference to people either becoming Christian or they can leave. This point is insane. This country was started by a bunch of guys on the premise that there would be no such thing as persecution for religious beliefs,,, and now you are trying to do it. YOU need to spend some time and think about this before you ask RAF to do anything. Cause if you are unwilling to tolerate a jew next door or a Moslim down the street then this Christian will not tollerate your hypocritical ass.

If, on the other hand, I've read your post incorrectly,,, just ignore that last paragraph [:D]

Now I've got to get to bed and get some sleep. I promised the girlfriend that I'd help decorate a float tomorrow for the MLK parade.

Goodnight and have a great weekend.

Link Posted: 1/18/2002 9:29:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Raf,

Only responding to the labeling that you brought about. It's all good, brother. Just take a look around, be open to other's opinions. Maybe you don't see a problem, but some of us do. Especially those of us who may live with people of different backgrounds. Please prove me wrong, show me two Native-American nations from different parts of the area we call the United States of America that share similar cultures.(Washoe and Apache, perhaps?)
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 9:31:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Post from raf -
Hmmmmmm... are you saying that the Native Americns would have been better off had the White Man not landed on these shores?
Of course, that would mean that the Native Americans would have been deprived of the blessings of Jesus, for sure.
the(Can't have it both ways)RAF
View Quote

Son, did I stutter in my post? They would most definitely think themselves better off! Whether you consider them Noble Savages or Brutish Beasts, I am certain that if the American Indian tribes has foreseen what would be the upshot of European immigration to this new world held in their future, our ancestors would have been pemmican patties!

Lampshades! Long-pork jerkey! You know, 'the other White meat.'

Christianity would still have come. There would be plenty of discarded Bibles among the victims' belongings.

Eric The(Calling'EmAsISee'Em)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 9:36:38 PM EDT
[#18]
You're dreaming! Splash on some Aqua Velva and slap the snot out of yourself. One quick look at the blemished history of this country should convince you of that.  There will never be unity.... heck there isn't unity even on this board alone.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 9:37:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 9:39:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 9:41:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 9:48:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Raf,

I am sure you are a good American at heart. However, your support of the Springfield M1 rifle scares me. Detachable mags are the only way to go. If it's twitchin' ventalate it !!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 9:51:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 9:57:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 10:01:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 10:12:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 10:18:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 10:28:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Well if you are "diverse" and unemployed the FAA wants you ...After looking at the site I guess I dont fit the bill as defined by the column on the right.

Subj: Job Opportunity...
Date: 1/18/02 6:27:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
To:    [email protected]

File: JobOppor (1819 bytes) DL Time (TCP/IP): < 1 minute

Hello from HireDiversity.com!

This e-mail was sent to you as a result of your name/resume being listed on
the Net as an active job seeker.  If you are not currently looking for a new
job/career please disregard this notice and we apologize for taking your
valuable time.

FAA is looking to fill several security related positions.  Please visit our
web site, www.HireDiversity.com to view each posting.  If these positions do
not interest you, please feel free to search through all the other open
positions listed.

Thank you.

Sonya Delgado
Corporate Recruiter
www.HireDiversity.com
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 10:46:46 PM EDT
[#29]
America is well established today compared to the Nineteenth Century when Indians were driven from their lands. People coming here today move into communities with social and governmental systems completely developed. There should be no confusing this fact among immigrants and acclimating to laws and language and economics should be part of the process. Cultural diversity is not going to be a downfall in a society with a strong infrastructure as in America. Social breakdown in our capitalistic system is also unlikely as long as people wish to work and earn a better way of life. Our Armed Forces, Law Enforcement, State and Local Governments, and Criminal Justice systems work pretty well keeping most people in line.

It's the Legislators and Politicians you have to worry about!
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 11:35:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Diversity kills, didn't you read the news report about the Nigerian Law student who killed his educators in Va.?
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 6:15:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 6:26:50 AM EDT
[#32]
cultural diversity

It's just the same, tired old liberal dogma that used to be called set-asides, quotas, etc. and is used to keep voters on the plantation.

In CA the Regents of the Univ. of CA voted to allow aliens (of certain qualifications) to attend UC schools at the reduced tuition of residents who are citizens.  That's $11K per semester subsidy.  This is not available to aliens from any of the other 49 states.  Sorry

BTW, if you want to know what culture is in America, it's FREEDOM.  Our culture begins and ends with FREEDOM.  That's easy to take some pride in.  Let others quibble about their cuisine, their music, their art, their vast idiosyncracies.  Nothing wrong with that.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 6:52:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 6:55:40 AM EDT
[#34]

posted by raf

Nothin' like dinner walking up to you.....
View Quote

Isn't that what Jeffrey Dahlmer said [:D]

Well the girlfriend got in a fight with her sister so I didn't have to go help decorate the float today. Yeah babeeeeee!!!!! Maybe I won't have to take Monday off to go to the parade either...

Link Posted: 1/19/2002 7:05:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 7:07:44 AM EDT
[#36]
GunSnob,
Judeo-Christian values are not what this country was founded upon, The settlers from the mayflower and on where christians, but Jefferson, who wrote the DoI based many of his ideas on contemparies like Paine, or on his predicessors like Locke. What do all three of these people have in common?  All Diests.

-CK
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:16:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Post from cck -
Judeo-Christian values are not what this country was founded upon...
View Quote

Wow, you could have fooled the Founding Fathers, they thought it was, their descendants thought it was, it was only in the late 20th Century that anyone ever thought of saying otherwise!

And who said it wasn't? The very folks who would like to run this country as a brothel for atheistic Sodomites! [:D]

Hey, but that's just my opinion!
The settlers from the mayflower and on [were] christians...
View Quote

Give the man a cigar!
but Jefferson, who wrote the DoI based many of his ideas on contemparies like Paine, or on his predicessors like Locke.
View Quote

'Many of his ideas' were accepted because he chose to clothe them in Judeo-Christian language for consideration by a group of men thoroughly steeped in Judeao-Christian religious convictions, for application to a people who were thoroughly Judeo-Christian in their own personal religious beliefs!
What do all three of these people have in common? All Diests.
View Quote

Wow, a total of [b]three[/b] Deists! And one of them a dead Englishman! How bizarre can you get, cck?

So our country suddenly wakes up to the fact that we are not a Christian nation as we have called ourselves for more than 400 years, but a Deist Nation!

'I pledge allegience to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation under [i][b]Deus[/b][/i], with liberty and justice for all.'

Nope, sorry, it just doesn't have that ring of authenticity about it!

Eric The(ReadYourHistoryBubba!)Hun[>]:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top