Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2002 7:06:36 PM EDT
This is my very horrifying fingernail that is in it's final stages of sloughing off. I broke my finger tip in a car door experience several weeks ago and the nail is finally separating from my finger. I am trying to work it off because there is still an attached piece of live flesh that will create excruciatingly violent waves of pain.

Pretty cool huh?

[img]http://www.eatonlink.com/main/uploaded/FreakOnALeash/nastynail.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 7:12:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool pic, Ben.  Have you ever wondered what a fingernail tastes like ?????
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice, put some rubbing alcohol on the skin under there, it'll make the nail grow faster...I promise.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 7:19:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Work that sucker to death!
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#4]
[:D]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 7:37:00 PM EDT
[#5]
The best part is.. You could probably sell that thing on Ebay.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#6]
You need salt....lots of salt and a pair of pliers. The salt will ease the pain...Honest[:D]

Alex
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The best part is.. You could probably sell that thing on Ebay.
View Quote

We are actually giving it away in a raffle at the office. I have one of those paperweight sealer kits that came with a preserved rattle snake head. I used the head for other general mischeif so I agreed to encase the nail to seal off the medical waste biohazard before relinquishing ownership.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 7:49:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Ben,

There is some useful medical information regarding your fingernail, both for preventing infection and speeding the regrowth of a healthy nail at the medical website below. I suggest that you check it out, so your fingernail heals properly.

[url]http://www.yahoo.com[/url] [puke]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 7:50:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Done that at least a dozen times. But I did it with a hammer,left thumb or index finger. You'd think after swinging a hammer for 20 years I'd learn to hit the metal nail and not the finger nail.[:D]  
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 8:07:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, that happened to my big toenail. I was walking around the house barefoot, and my toe jammed into a pumpkin that was lying on the ground (it was around halloween. I know, it's weird...) anyway, it was really painful and bloody for about two days, but I just left a bandaid on it and a few weeks later it fell off, then grew back. Leave it alone and it should take care of itself.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 8:09:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Vinegar, definitely vinegar. Definitely.[shock]

coyote3
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 8:23:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Man that is pretty cool looking. Well looks like all you need is a bottle of JACK DANIELS going down into the old stomach and about 2 hours later get a pair of plyers and just yanck that old thing off, bandage up and you would be good to go. [shock] [shock]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 8:58:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I did that to my finger in shop class about 20+ years ago. I was on a swim team and that chlorine water really cleaned it up, It fell of about two days later I think.

A little advice; use the other hand when you go to the bathroom. :)
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 9:02:16 PM EDT
[#14]
... don't use morphine, your heart rate will drop too low
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 9:04:59 PM EDT
[#15]
dude, that is lightweight. my big toe looked sorta like that, but it was 2x size, and their was green stuff coming out. they (only once, briefy) talked about possible amputation. i have to have the toenail removed after it grew back 2 or 3 times, and the doctor took stuff out so it wouldnt grow very fast. freaky shit
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 9:20:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Ben,

There is some useful medical information regarding your fingernail [...] at the medical website below.

[REMOVED LINK]

A little more warning next time, please, Weaselspearer!  !!!![puke]!!!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 9:30:33 PM EDT
[#17]
N'kay ..   that pic is REAL nasty!!!   arrrrg!!
phwwwuuut..  gag...  just plain  NASTY!
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 9:46:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 9:49:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Edited to say:
Spearweasel, you should remove that link.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 9:50:02 PM EDT
[#20]
[img]http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/contrib/lilly/eek1bluegreen.gif[/img] [img]http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/contrib/lilly/eek1bluegreen.gif[/img] [img]http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/contrib/lilly/eek1bluegreen.gif[/img]

That reminds me of a case of Garand thumb I had awhile back!!

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 9:58:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Edited to say:

Spearweasel, you should remove that link.
View Quote

You need to remove it ASAP!!!!
That is freakin sick!
That's topic locking material & more!!

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 10:32:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Yes... please don't get my original photo of a life's experience thread locked with some nasty inflamed corn hole site. My finger has nothing to do with that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 10:48:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Spearweasel,  just why would you feel the need to share that with the board?  Hmm?
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 11:08:09 PM EDT
[#24]
I had a similar experince. When I first broke it back it stood at a 90 degree from the rest of my finger, because it was still attached at the base I mashed it back down and hoped it would reattach, it did'nt. Two days later it was pale and dead looking but still very attached at the base, I thought better remove it now than later. The trusty pliers were brought out and on my [b]SECOND[/b] try the nail was removed. It did'nt hurt as bad as I thought, was more of an ache afterwards. [uzi]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 11:20:06 PM EDT
[#25]
That is so Cool!...actually pretty gross, but sooo gross it is cool.  Thanks for letting us view this....just glad it wasn't me..hehehehe

Oh...and that link posted above....I really..I mean REALLY didn't need to see that!

medcop
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 2:26:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Spearweasel, man you are seriously disturbed to post that link. That has got to be one of the most disgusting pictures I've ever seen!

Alex[puke]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 2:32:39 AM EDT
[#27]
I was pushing my motorcycle out of the garage one morning before work (about 5 am) and as usual, I was running late and in a hurry.

I didn't put the sidestand up (never did, as I would always park it just outside to close garage door) as I backed it out, and in my haste wedged the tip of the sidestand right inbetween my big toe and toenail.

Separated the two into a perfect 90 degree angle.  You could actually see the outline of the nail of my big toe straining against the top of my Nikes.  I let out a string of obscenities that echoed up and down my street.

Pulling that shoe off was definitely a treat.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 3:21:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
... don't use morphine, your heart rate will drop too low
View Quote
....you saw the flick 'eh
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 4:11:35 AM EDT
[#29]
I cut the tip off my middle finger/LH 20 years ago, in a jointer. It really freaked me out to see the bone sticking out the tip of my finger (actually, the ring fingertip was taken off too, but not as bad). Rather than take the fingertip off at the first joint (and disappointing my wife), they cut into my palm flesh, folded the finger down, and sewed the finger into a pocket there, and grafted (taking 6 weeks). Guy did a good job. I still have a perfect flick.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 7:09:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I let out a string of obscenities that echoed up and down my street.
View Quote

I had the 'accident' at about 2:45 am in a Sunday morning. Living in the inner city, you can usually raise all kinds of a ruckuss without any disturbance but I was screaming like a little girl so loud when I mashed it that my neighbors called Cincy Po Po. They though someone was being raped or murdered by the way I was carrying on.

The cops roll up into my parking lot within about 1 minute of it happening. I was sitting on the curb completely withdrawn from reality. Of course the 11 double Makers & Cokes weren't helping matters.

They wanted to call an ambulance but I said no way I was going anywhere. The cops were chuckling at me. I felt real stupid, I was drunk, and my finger was throbbing.

I ended up sleeping for 2 entire days after it happened. I have to admit that it hurt like no other pain I have ever experienced.

I thought it was gone at first when the door hit it. Since I am a programmer and also play the piano, all I could think about was "How am I going to explain this to everyone?"
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 9:33:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 9:42:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Cool pic, Ben.  Have you ever wondered what a fingernail tastes like ?????
View Quote

Chicken?
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 10:17:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Put your finger in ice 45-60 seconds. Rip the nail off with whatever, peroxide/alcohol (if you're brave [:D] and bandage. Shouldn't feel a thing.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:32:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
All refs to the FAMOUS anal shot have been removed.
View Quote

GB,

How dare you edit *my* post!  I followed all guidelines, didn't post anything nasty, just quoted someone else, blah bluh-blah . . . . [:D]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 5:12:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Well... I chickened out. I Xacto knifed the nail up to the edge of where the skin is still attached. I soaked my finger in warm water for a couple hours last night to loosen the last remaining chunk. But I am not about to get nutty with any pliers. This thing has hurt too bad already and the last thing I want is a nasty infection to top it off.

More pics...

[img]http://www.accessconnex.com/DSCN0187.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.accessconnex.com/DSCN0188.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top