Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2002 6:39:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 6:44:44 PM EDT
[#1]
MRW,

It's a tape which we commonly call "Jungle Tape".  It was once so popular that you used to have to barter for it with your company's supply sergeant.  Now you can get it at the PX the BX the 7-Day Store and even the PXtra.  However, if your a civilian that's not an option.

I'd suggest checking our either Brigade Quartermasters or the Cav Store.  Either one should have it.  If you can't get it there, e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll get you some.

Link Posted: 1/18/2002 6:47:32 PM EDT
[#2]
In a lot of the pictures I'm seeing of guys on the ground in Assgasistan, they have have Giles Tactical Slings on their rifles. These are the way to go.

[url]www.thewilderness.com[/url]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 7:05:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 7:09:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
MRW,

It's a tape which we commonly call "Jungle Tape".  It was once so popular that you used to have to barter for it with your company's supply sergeant.  Now you can get it at the PX the BX the 7-Day Store and even the PXtra.  However, if your a civilian that's not an option.

I'd suggest checking our either Brigade Quartermasters or the Cav Store.  Either one should have it.  If you can't get it there, e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll get you some.

Thanks Schnert!  I appreciate your generosity.  I'll look for it.  i assume it's different than packing, 100MPH, or duct tape?
View Quote

View Quote

MRW:

Its 100mph tape for the Army guys, comes in both green and tan at a surplus store near you.

Link Posted: 1/18/2002 7:10:13 PM EDT
[#5]
MRW,

Yes, it's 100MPH tape.  It's pretty good stuff.  You can do everything from silencing your LBE to creating footballs out of toilet paper rolls with it.  

Link Posted: 1/18/2002 7:29:31 PM EDT
[#6]
100mph Tape, 550 Cord, P38 Opener and a Poncholiner.......Grunt Survival Kit.

Strike Hold [%(]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 7:31:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Strike Hold [%(]
View Quote

What, no BIC lighter?
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 9:38:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I happen to know that that tape is good for way over 100 mph..  I'v taped helicopter rotor blades with that stuff...  (gulf)
Worked great!
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 9:56:28 PM EDT
[#9]
SF,
Bic ? It's a Zippo or nothin'(fueled w/ mo gas)

Strike Hold [%(]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 10:19:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Back in the day before we had fancy slings issued to us, I used to do something like what you saw in BHD to my M16/M203 combo:

- 550 cord around the front sight base to make a loop above with several knots for strength

- 550 cord looped around buttstock and tied around bottom sling swivel with a small loop at the top.  Couple wraps of 100 MPH tape over the 550 cord on the buttstock to secure cord and provide a ready supply of the ever-so-useful tape

- Either a standard black sling or a cargo strap with snap hooks on each end, connect each end to one of the 550 cord loops

Now, being ever so much more high-speed than I was in my youth, I have a Tactical Tailor sling for my M4gery to get tangled up in. [;)]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 6:40:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Why has no one designed a standard A2 stock with a top mount sling swivel?
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 6:46:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
SF,
Bic ? It's a Zippo or nothin'(fueled w/ mo gas)

Strike Hold [%(]
View Quote

Hey, I'm still waiting for someone to claim that a double thickness of 100 mph tape can be used to repair a parachute.  

See, 100mph +100 mph= 200mph.  Exit speed <200mph.

Never mind, someone will try it....
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 11:53:56 PM EDT
[#13]
DANG!  This is why I love this site.  Here it is many months later and I have the same burning question.  I think to myself, "check ar15.com" and sure enough - the answer.

Thanks folks,
marm0t
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 1:02:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Strike Hold [%(]
View Quote

Amen...  the poncho liner is a lifesaver, 550 keeps your shit tied down on exit, 100mpht keeps you snuffed, and the p38 is great for cleaning dirt from under your fingernails....  :)
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 1:53:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Why has no one designed a standard A2 stock with a top mount sling swivel?
View Quote
Probably because of strength issues with little or no support in the stock for a swivel. I made a top-sling adaptor out of some nylon webbing, a D-ring, heavy strength velcro, and some JB weld (mankind's greatest invention besides 100mph tape, btw). Also, a p-38 is no good---what you want is one of the [b]BIG[/b] GI can openers (IIRC, they were called p-39s?).
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 5:55:27 AM EDT
[#16]
"Survival Kit contents check. In them you will find: one 45 caliber automatic, two boxes of ammunition, four days concentrated emergency rations, one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills, one miniature combination Rooshan phrase book and Bible, one hundred dollars in rubles, one hundred dollars in gold, nine packs of chewing gum, one issue of prophylactics, three lipsticks, three pair of nylon stockings -- shoot, a fellah could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.... "

Major Kong, "Dr. Strangelove"

Link Posted: 7/7/2002 9:26:35 AM EDT
[#17]
"...shoot, a fellah could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.... "

Little known trivia:  Original line was "...pretty good weekend in [i]Dallas[/i] with all that stuff.... " but was overdubbed after JFK assassination in Dallas.  If you watch the movie closely, you'll see Slim Pickens mouth "Dallas."

Scott
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 12:31:08 PM EDT
[#18]
I believe Badger Ordance ? makes a A2 buttstock with top swivels you can change from left to right. HTH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top