Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2002 4:53:31 PM EDT
Looking at the new trucks your thoughts and/or experiences.[stick]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 5:12:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 5:15:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You just have to sit down and look at the numbers real good. If you're looking at long term, just buy. Short term , you may or may not be better off leasing, depends on the miles you drive and if you take care of the vehicle or not.
View Quote
Thanks Waldo yea I do have a small biz so it could be a write off but.......
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 7:14:22 AM EDT
[#3]
You really do have to know how many miles you drive.
And if you want to keep the vehicle.
I leased a car while I was in college because that was the only way I could afford the payments. I maintained it, but started racking up a whole lotta milage. I went over the lease milage the first year. I was 30000 miles over the lease by the time it was to be turned in. I would have owed more in the over mileage charges than the car was worth, so I had to buy it. It was not my intent to keep it, but here I am with it today still owing money on it. In the long run, it was still cheaper because I managed to get good finiancing while it was leased, and I got a good deal from my credit union when I had to buy, but instead of being payed off now, I still owe.
Plus there are still some 0 percent financing deals out there. Depending on the vehical, you can save a a couple of grand on that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top