Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2002 4:08:50 PM EDT
Seems to me that often times the best thing for a broken heart is................no, not a new woman.....but a new rifle instead.

Right?

Well,  I've been looking at the AR10 and I think I need one.

I am a dedicated flat top person but I wonder if the stainless barrel version with match trigger is really worth tthe extra $?

My purposes will only be casual target and varmint (coyote) hunting but I do want to get the most bang for my buck so to speak and do want one finely tuned rifle if I can afford it.

Can anyone enlighten me on going prices for the AR-10(T), either rifle or carbine?

Think I like the carbine best.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 4:21:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Your question would probably be best answered in the AR10 & AR180 forums.
Both the AR10(T) rifle and carbine retail at $2080, but I've seen them being sold at dealers between $1800-$1900.
If you want an AR10(T) but the price is a bit too high, consider the Eagle Arms E10(T) which lists around $1500. Instead of the stainless barrel, the Eagle Arms uses a chrome-moly barrel. Alot of postive feedback from owners of the Eagle Arms AR10.

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 4:28:49 PM EDT
[#2]
A10-a4 carbine......is only a couple inches shorter than std m15 20"........totally accurate...easy to carry..fit out with any optics you want.....add anything you can afford later......I really wanted a 20" to begin with....but the carbine came up...and now I`m glad it did.....really great to shoot and carry........[:)]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 10:07:27 PM EDT
[#3]
edited to delete repeat post
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 10:08:49 PM EDT
[#4]
X--Kill

FYI

Bachman Gun in Dallas has 20" SS AR-10A2 (not the flatop) for $1,299. I called on it this last Tuesday and they still have it.  It has the NM trigger and the SS barrel options.

They have it listed in the store for higher. Although, they had it at a recent Dallas gunshow for that price. I inquired on it and they restated the $1299 price tag.
I think thats a reasonable deal.

Bachman Gun and Pawn
Gene Jones
(214) 351-3628

The standard 20" AR10"A4" flattop goes for $1,199 at [url]www.Youngsguns.com[/url]

Link Posted: 1/19/2002 12:01:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Guys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top