Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2002 2:33:48 PM EDT
Hi,

I'm looking for a tan subdued shoulder patch...I can only find OD and black ones.

For you militaria and ex-military people, which shoulder am I supposed to wear it on and what orientatioN?  What goes on the left shoulder?  Unit?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 2:43:38 PM EDT
[#1]
try e-bay
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 2:46:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in the Alaska Air Guard and on our flight suits we put the Squadron patch on the right and the Flag on the left.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 10:00:01 PM EDT
[#3]
What branch of service are you in?  In the Army we were not allowed the flag on our unis.. (at least in the 1st armor div or the 3rd inf div)  Thats been ten years ago though.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 10:08:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 11:23:32 PM EDT
[#5]
in the Marine Corps you only get a flag if youre being deployed to a combat zone or if you wear "flight clothing" stateside the flag is worn on the left shoulder. overseas or in a combat zone it is worn on the right shoulder with the star field forward so as to appear "backward". this is because the Stars & Stripes is never in retreat. i think someone asked about the backwards flag in another post.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 11:57:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
in the Marine Corps you only get a flag if youre being deployed to a combay zone or if you wear "flight clothing" stateside the flag is worn on the left shoulder. overseas or in a combat zone it is worn on the right shoulder with the star field forward so as to appear "backward". this is because the Stars & Stripes is never in retreat. i think someone asked about the backwards flag in another post.
View Quote

This would be true for the Army also.

medcop
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top