Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2002 9:15:30 AM EDT
I just don't see the point or advantage to them. All my mags drop free and I dont really have a problem getting them out of my pouch quickly. Are they more great solutions to non-existant problems? Why are so many people in love with them so much? All the mags praise them but then again they want the advertising revenue.

BrenLover
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 10:25:31 AM EDT
[#1]
They make a big difference when you are taking them out of a tac. vast pouch. It is all about speed. They are not made to  pull out of your weapon just your vest or were ever you are carrying them. If you have a tac. vest they are a must!
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 10:51:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Think about it, you're taking a class or just doing drills at the range.

Time to change mags.  

Right before you punch the mag release, look down, what do you see?

Gravel, or, worse yet, cement.

What would you rather have hit that gravel, your baseplate or that goofy rubber loop?

Shock absorbers, I call them.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 11:48:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 8:59:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 6:16:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Or you could just make a loop by putting a knot in it and just put it under the base plate. Saves you from having sticky tape all over the place.
I personally don't use mag pulls but see that there is an application for them.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 6:55:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I have used the Paracord loop trick for years in the army. I wouold never use them on a carabiner though, because I never liked my mags banging into me and each otehr as I continued the fight -- I always just stuffed the mags in my shirt.

The loop on the mag pulls does have a tremendous advantage over the 550 cord loop. Because it is rigid, you can actually maneuver the mag with it, not just use it to grab the mag out and change your grip. Grab the mag by the loop, move the mag by the loop, and insert the mag by the loop.

Try it sometime. You will see that there is a difference.

High Performance Tactilcal Gear!
[url]www.Lightfighter.com[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top