Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2002 9:42:05 PM EDT
I just spoke to a police officer here and said that they have full-auto weapons in certain departments.  I thought that P.D.s are not allowed full-auto stuff???  In case you are wondering I reside in the republik of Hawaii where we now have private firm photo enforced traffic enforcement.
Renny
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 10:03:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Police agencies across the U.S. have had full-autos for years.  That's old news.

As for photo-based traffic enforcement, [IMG]http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s2/otn/happy/thebirdman.gif[/IMG]

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 10:17:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Easy solution to the cameras is a suppressed 10-22...
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 10:33:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Easy solution to the cameras is a suppressed 10-22...
View Quote

When they first started going up in San Antonio, they were having to be replaced pretty often.  It seems they kept developing bullet holes.

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 10:39:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Give the camera operator something to look at.  If nothing else a simple hand gesture telling them their number one should do the trick.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 10:45:41 PM EDT
[#5]
A while back, a member of a Tactical team let me try his MP5-A3.  Very cool.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 11:55:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 2:58:35 AM EDT
[#7]
NYPD Emergency Services Unit(SWAT/AKA Boy's with the toys) has Full Auto H&K MP5's, and Mini-14's

If I remember correctly NYC Corrections ESU team recently picked up Colt M4's

Yes, this cop is jealous...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top