Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2002 6:58:30 PM EDT
From 10-11 last night there was a new reality series called Combat Missions, where prior Seals, Marine Recon, Green Berets, CIA and current Swat Team members competed in military events and tactics(USA Network, Wednesdays 10-11).  The fight with the Op Force and use of the MILES gear was a great flashback to my prior military carrier, but assaulting a tank with a pack charge and handful of M4s seemed suicidal and not completely within the realm of reality or good sense.  I guess that the producers never heard of calling in air power or using TOW or Dragon type anti-armor weapons for such occasions!  
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 7:14:30 PM EDT
[#1]
It sucked.

Comic books of Sgt. Rock were more realistic...IMO.

Link Posted: 1/17/2002 7:17:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I intended to watch it but got busy and forget. I will try to get it next week. Real it may never be; but I am beting it will be entertaining.

High Performance Tactical Gear!
[url]www.Lightfighter.com[/url]
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 7:30:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Any idea if they are gonna replay last nights episode any time soon?  Didn't get a chance to see it.

Keving67
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 7:42:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey Keving67!  I don't know that they're going to replay last night's episode, but the next episode will run next Wednesday on the USA network at 10 PM Eastern Time.  It was entertaining, but was a bit hokey!  The old Seal from the first Survivor Series, Rudy, is the acting CO who directs all of the events.  They've got plenty of nice gear, but I hope that the tactical missions are somewhat more realistic.  Most of the people that rushed the tank last night got killed .... surprise!?  They're supposed to do MOUT training, hostage rescue and a bunch more field ops in the weeks to come.  If a squad or team losses, they most vote out one team member and then they can replace them with someone they review in operations files.  If no one chooses to leave or is voted out, the entire team draws swords out of a barrel and the one with the red tape on the tip indicates the person who must leave.  Last night a Seal pulled the red sword, left and was traded for an LAPD Swat officer for next week's objectives.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 9:15:30 PM EDT
[#5]
It might not have been completely realistic, but it was definitely better than Survivor.  

My only complaint was couldn't they find some younger, and/or hotter bartenders?
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 3:47:21 PM EDT
[#6]
IT'S REPLAYED SUNDAY NITE AND TUESDAY NITE IN ADDITION TO THE USUAL WEDNESDAY NITE.

Anyone know where the long thread went?

M4-AK
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#7]
The other thread is at [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=86956[/url].

Or, once you're in Forums, go to Search and enter "Combat Missions" and you'll get all the running posts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top