Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2001 5:02:26 AM EDT
Bought a carry handle from them.  To make a long story short, they sent me the wrong one, and it was 12 inches high at 25 yards.  I called to have it returned and the lady argued with me, saying since I bought from Gunsmoke I must have a DPMS reciever (upper), and those are .003 inches high, and that the aperature was A2 but they were NM sights.  In essence she was full of shit and had no idea what she was saying.  Money still hasn't come, either, and the return was last Thursday.  Also, they didn't even know what day they shipped it, and tried to tell me the 1st, when the box said the 6th.

James

POS company
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 5:40:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I have to dissagree with you on dealing with Model 1 sales.  I bought a kit from them last month.  They were helpful on the phone and answered all of my questions.  The kit came in only 4 days from ordering, shipped the same day I ordered.  I live in BFE Wyoming, and mail takes forever, even express.  I was very impressed with the quality of the kit.  I am extremely picky  about the fit and finish of my firearms.  You can't tell the difference in the finish from the Bushmaster lower reciever that I bought.  Fit is  also excellent.  I would recommend Model 1 sales to anyone wishing to purchase a good kit at a great price.  jim g
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 6:03:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I must disagree.  I have bought several kits and parts form them and always been very satisfied.  However, I always buy from them in person at the 1500.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 9:01:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought a complete A2 stock from them. The fit of the buttplate the the stock was uneven. The A2 stock screw didnt have the drain hole. and the spring was short, weak, & soft. The buffer was real USGI though.
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 9:55:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Good info...
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 6:49:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Gee James you sure do seem to take any little setback to extremes don't you?  I recall you going off on SWFA on the old forums and correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you have a huge rant about a fast-food place making a mistake on your order?  You are going to run out of places to do business with if you dump on them the first time they make a mistake, not that I'm saying Model 1 made a mistake.

Now for a serious question, did you even try to adjust the sights?  What upper do you have?  By chance is it an M4 type?  I recall reading that there are often problems with high point of impacts due to poor design geometry.  I know that I had to adjust my front site post on one that I had until the top of the post was above the protective ears.  Which sight aperature were you using?  You do know that there is I believe a 2MOA elevation increase between the large and small aperatures right?
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 10:14:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top