Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2002 3:20:10 PM EDT
Well, who needs an intro, we should all act as if we're surprised that there were no more than four innocent Israeli civilians killed by a suicide bomber in the Northern Israeli town of Hadera. During a wedding, no less.

Certainly pays Israel back for bulldozing some vacant homes!

[size=4]Five Killed in Wedding Hall Attack in N. Israel[/size=4]
[b]Grenade Attack Follows Failed Bombing Attempt[/b]
Associated Press
Thursday, January 17, 2002; 5:24 PM

JERUSALEM –– A Palestinian tossed hand grenades into a wedding hall in northern Israel on Friday, killing five people and wounding more than 30, Israeli police said. A Palestinian militant group claimed responsibility.

Army radio said a suicide bomber tried to detonate explosives attached to his body at the entrance to the hall but was overtaken by security guards. The attacker then exploded the grenades.

"A terrorist went into the wedding hall and threw grenades," said Haim Dominovsky, a police spokesman for police in northern Israel.

He said the attacker was among the five dead. It was not immediately known how he died.

[b]The Al Aqsa Brigades, a militia linked to Yasser Arafat's Fatah, claimed responsibility.[/b]

The group said that Abed Hassouna from a village near the Palestinian town of Nablus carried out the attack to avenge the death of Raed Karmi, the militia's leader in the town of Tulkarem.

Karmi was killed in a bomb blast earlier this week that is widely believed to have been carried out by Israel. The group has vowed to avenge his death.

See remainder of article at: [url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A62875-2002Jan17.html[/url]

Eric The(NeedISayMore?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 3:27:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 3:41:15 PM EDT
[#2]
The thing holy about that land are the holes in the buildings.

Link Posted: 1/17/2002 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 4:49:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Just waiting for a Paleistinian aplogist to chime in, should happen any second........... With insights like it was the fault of the people who owned the hall for not employing more Palistinians, or not paying the ones that were employed enough.

Or to blame the Israelis because for 7 years in the 12 century a "Palistinian"  lived near the area that the wedding hall was built on. So Israel had no right to be there......

If you don't understand the difference between attacking armed militants that are willing to die attacking you and attacking a wedding party because it is an easy target, then I'm not sure that you really want to understand anything.

Oh yes, and as a last resort the "apologist" will bring up the USS Liberty.......
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 5:12:41 PM EDT
[#5]
And these people call themselves decendents of Abraham?????

Link Posted: 1/17/2002 5:48:29 PM EDT
[#6]
It was a wedding hall, but it was for a Bat Mizph, it was full of little kids, not soldiers
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 6:11:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
..... Paleistinian aplogist

Oh yes, and as a last resort the "apologist" will bring up the USS Liberty.......
View Quote

Thought I'd just watch a while and see if this thread would grow.

"Palestenian apologist"  
Always there must be a label.

"as a last resort the "apologist" will bring up the USS Liberty....."  
Only a few of our people killed by the Israeli's.  Hardly matters.  After all those killed were merely sailors and of not much importance.
And the Israeli's have already explained this unfortunate case of mistaken identity.  The wind wasn't blowing hard enough to unfurl the flag of the United States.
Well the ship was underway and desperately trying to maneuver but what the hell.  Stars were probably stuck to the stripes.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 6:31:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, the USS Liberty.

I've gotta confess that I have never explored this one in depth. I am familiar with the incident, but don't posess encyclopedic knowledge. I do know a little though...

The deaths of the US sailors were indeed tragic and probably unneccessary. Whether the attack occurred by mistake or design, the Israeli's are beyond excusing. But the fact remains that they were [i]US servicemen on a military mission in or close to a known war zone.[/i]
Hostile action from either side could reasonably be expected, either as a deliberate attack or a mistake. That's the deal when you are in the military.

It's [i]entirely[/i] different when you discuss unprovoked attacks against unsuspecting civilian non-combatants.

Since this whole subject has just been totally thrashed in another thread over the last couple of days, let's just wait and see if what Israel does in response. I'll pay out bucks if the Mossad goes out and blows up a busload of Palestinian preschoolers in revenge. Just ain't gonna happen...
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 7:41:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yes, the USS Liberty.

It's [i]entirely[/i] different when you discuss unprovoked attacks against unsuspecting civilian non-combatants.
View Quote

But not different when a United States Naval vessel, an UNARMED United States Naval vessel, a ship commissioned and flying both the "Jack" and the Stars and Stripes ( That ship was as soverign as Rhode Island.) is attacked.

Interesting.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 7:48:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yes, the USS Liberty.

That's the deal when you are in the military.
View Quote

[smoke]
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 7:52:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'll pay out bucks if the Mossad goes out and blows up a busload of Palestinian preschoolers in revenge.
View Quote

You will not know what the Mossad does.  Nor when.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 8:26:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Why stir up this hornet's nest again? Isn't 14 pages on one thread and 7 pages on the other enough? Not to mention that this was already posted by Winston_Wolf at:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=87158[/url]
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 8:35:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Why stir up this hornet's nest again? Isn't 14 pages on one thread and 7 pages on the other enough? Not to mention that this was already posted by Winston_Wolf at:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=87158[/url]
View Quote

Thankyou
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top