Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2002 3:11:18 PM EDT
Right on! Way to go guys...we do make a difference when we have numbers.

In a press release issued late Thursday, New York City Fire Commissioner Nicholas Scopetta announced that the New York City Fire Department will [b]drop[/b] plans for a politically correct version of the famous photo "Flag Raising at Ground Zero."
"New York City Fire Commissioner Nicholas Scopetta today announced that he will consider new options for a fitting memorial to honor the members of the fire department who died and those who worked tirelessly at the World Trade Center following the Sept. 11 attacks," the release said.

"Bruce Ratner, president and CEO of Forrest City Ratner & Co., said he will continue to underwrite the cost of the memorial."

More....

I'm so stoked!
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 3:21:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 3:29:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 3:32:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 3:51:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Onward .223 soldiers!!!!
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 3:53:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I said this in another thread, but it also fits here... Cue-in the bass line:

Another one bites the dust
And another one gone and another one gone
Another one bites the dust, yeah
Hey, I'm gonna get you too

OK, who wants to be next?z
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 3:57:37 PM EDT
[#6]
How about putting some of this kind of unity to good use against the gun-grabbers.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 4:00:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Of course now, he says he is going to consider different options for a memorial. Read that to mean that they will not have the original memorial, since it can be PC, instead they will have some other monument with no figures on it!
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 4:01:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 4:48:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
We be winning one "war" at a time...who's next?? [peep]
View Quote

we just have to keep fighting!!
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 4:53:52 PM EDT
[#10]
It is as it should be, picking another symbol of the day. There are other images that would do the job. My biggest problem was that they wanted to rewrite history, rather than select a more appropriate image. We should not be pi$$ed that they are not using THAT image, but glad that the reasonable people won out- finally- over the common-sense crowd.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 5:12:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Outstanding!!!
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 5:13:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So now how do we go about doing this for something that REALLY matters?  Can we have a petition against the national driver's license? [b]A petition that will favorably affect the 2nd amendment?  A petition to show support of sunsetting the '94 ban?[/b]
View Quote

Let's do it!!!
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 5:23:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Right on! Way to go guys...we do make a difference when we have numbers.

In a press release issued late Thursday, New York City Fire Commissioner Nicholas Scopetta announced that the New York City Fire Department will [b]drop[/b] plans for a politically correct version of the famous photo "Flag Raising at Ground Zero."
"New York City Fire Commissioner Nicholas Scopetta today announced that he will consider new options for a fitting memorial to honor the members of the fire department who died and those who worked tirelessly at the World Trade Center following the Sept. 11 attacks," the release said.

"Bruce Ratner, president and CEO of Forrest City Ratner & Co., said he will continue to underwrite the cost of the memorial."

More....

I'm so stoked!
View Quote

since im behind on my events, what was going to be PC about the statue?
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 5:34:50 PM EDT
[#14]
I wouldn't celebrate just yet.  These people are devious friends of Clinton and have power.

[url]www.groups.google.com/groups?q=%22ellen+ratner%22+wife+%22world+trade+center%22+and+clinton&hl=en&selm=Ewo18.6996%24pm1.1950415%40typhoon.jacksonville.mediaone.net&rnum=1[/url]

Statues of Limitation
By: Lowell Ponte
FrontPageMagazine.com | January 16, 2002

AS THE FEVER SWEPT OUR NATION, a few commentators pondered how this
obsession began and where it would end. By New Year's Day, 2003, Orwellian
"groupthinkers" had altered several of America's cherished icons and were
seeking new images to smash.

It began when three New York City firefighters spontaneously raised an
American flag above terrorist wreckage of the World Trade Center. A reporter
's photo of them inspired what is to be a 19-foot-tall, $180,000 bronze
statue to memorialize the heroes of September 11, resembling the statue of
WWII U.S. Marines raising Old Glory above Iwo Jima.

But this statue's design struck some as a new act of terrorism against these
heroes. The three firefighters who acted on their own patriotic initiative
were, as the famous photo of them shows, white ethnics. But in the statue,
all have been beheaded and their identities replaced by fictional male
heads - white, black, and Hispanic.

This beheading apparently was ordered by the statue's funder, real estate
mogul and Clinton intimate and bankroller Bruce Ratner, who is also landlord
over the New York Fire Department headquarters. (He is also brother of Fox
News Channel's and WorldNetDaily.com's loony Leftist Ellen Ratner.)

Link Posted: 1/17/2002 6:14:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Finally!  It's the first time my vote as a New Yorker actually meant something! [:)]
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 9:52:38 PM EDT
[#16]
KIND OF A BITTER VICTORY!!! They will still not build it as it should have been. As the photo was taken... We would not want to admit it was 3 wasp's that raised that flag...pat

edit because spellllcheck still notw work formmm me
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 6:18:42 AM EDT
[#17]
....WEATHER REPORT.....

HELL 'HAS' FROZEN OVER !

(I may not have posted my thought on this subjct - "That statute will be changed when hell freezes over" - but that's what I was thinking.)
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 6:33:50 AM EDT
[#18]
[b]So now how do we go about doing this for something that REALLY matters? Can we have a petition against the national driver's license? A petition that will favorably affect the 2nd amendment? A petition to show support of sunsetting the '94 ban?[/b]
View Quote

Why, yes.  Yes, we can.

[url]http://keepandbeararms.com/petition/[/url]

This is a petition for the AG to support the 2nd amendment (specifically, in California, though ANY action will have positive effects on all 50 states) as a civil rights matter.  Something like 12,000 signatures had been collected last time I checked.

Yes, Mr. Ashcroft gave us his declaration--the 2nd amendment is an individual, and not a collective right.  But what has he done about it?  Let's bring the matter to his attention, folks...
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 9:43:28 AM EDT
[#19]
A new battle? How about the proposal to make it a felony to own "high-capacity" magazines that have not been permanently altered to hold only 15 rounds in NJ???
Think about it. If they go ahead with the proposal and all law-abiding citizens with "high-cap" mags showed up on the state capitol lawn armed with nothing but the magazines..... that might make them think differently. They'd have to change the law or arrest thousands.
Million Magazine March??
Too many people sit back and watch our rights go out the window. Not only do we need to stop such nonsense but we need to organize and repeal the BS already on the books. I do live up here in Maine, but am willing to make a drive to NJ with a high-cap mag to protest the silliness. Anybody else?
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 3:27:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
OOOOOOOOORRRRAAAAAAAHHHH!!!
View Quote

I second that!
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 4:16:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Wea we won not putting up the right statue. What wasn't won is the FDNY idea of racial equality. There will still be the administrations deaf ear and blindness to the real problem.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 9:54:01 PM EDT
[#22]
 I don't really care one way or the other about what happens to this statue or if it ever gets built. You have a private individual/company funding it with private funds. He/they should be free to do whatever  he/they decide to do with their money.
 Go fund your own statue and build it any way you want... but that would be asking to much. It is so much easier to just give your selfish opinions on how others should spend their money. It doesn't cost you anything.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 6:17:07 AM EDT
[#23]
levi

Thought I agree with your statement in general, the tactics of these people need to be exposed first, their PC first, reality be damned.

I agree, the FD should get their own sculptor, maybe Fred Hart, (who did the real sculptures at the Vietnam Memorial) and get it done the way they want.  I don't think they'd have much trouble getting a site, even this Ratner guy would have trouble turning them down.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 7:09:46 PM EDT
[#24]
We didn't win. Truth and common sense won.

Quoted:
 Go fund your own statue and build it any way you want... but that would be asking to much. It is so much easier to just give your selfish opinions on how others should spend their money. It doesn't cost you anything.
View Quote

Sorry, last I heard the FDNY was a public entity. And that memorial would be built whether some politically correct lunatic was the first to offer the $180k, or not. Ratner, Levi, et al are more than welcome to buy a statue and stick it their manhattan townhouse, but I can think of a better place to stick it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:10:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

we are fighting the war at this time... this is the start of "something"..

heres hopeing, [url]www.assaultweb.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/218381-3.html[/url]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 3:03:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Shadowblade,

I feel your pain dude, but even if you can't send money you can still write letters or send email to your representatives.  A stamp only costs 34 cents - at least for now anyway.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 6:56:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Note to Mods,
You can probably take this tack-up down now.....it's your call,"of course". I think it's played itself out.

Next target...

Link Posted: 1/21/2002 9:38:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Addendum to the number:
As of this hour...[b]over 56,000 signatures![/b]

I was number 28...unreal.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 7:55:01 PM EDT
[#29]
60,000 votes at this time!!!!  Lets see how this all pans out in the end.  Hopefully we can chalk this up as a win!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 8:04:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is a bill that has been reconciled between the House and Senate that bans manufacture of rifles, for civilian use, of a certain caliber.  It also makes all existing rifles of this caliber NFA weapons.  The bill covers all variations of this caliber.  It could be passed by voice vote at midnight on the last night of the session, and we will be stuck with it.  

How about taking that down next?  Or are we going to wait for them to aim this type of legislation at 5.56mm?
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 9:40:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Today we take down the statue, Tommorow the AWB!
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 12:08:20 PM EDT
[#32]
if they really want a PC statue have 3(fire/police/EMS) people standing tall behind the WTC twin towers (half the higheth of the 3 people) with a quote like " The Greatest Courage is seen in the face of great adversity"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top