Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2002 3:03:21 PM EDT
anyone have one of these?  what do you think of it.  Do you recommend it?
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 3:52:21 PM EDT
[#1]
A buddy of mine whose got some experience with thigh holsters by Eagle and Blackhawk just got one. He says that the hood doesn't swivel all the way down out of the way, so you have to push your hand down past the grip of the weapon to get the hood down, then take a firing grip and draw. It adds an extra step to getting the weapon out and into the fight. For that reason alone I wouldn't get it.

The thumbbreak opens completely on my Eagle MKIV SAS holster when my hand drops to a firing grip on the weapon. There's no mechanical device to catch on anything.

That said, there are folks who swear by them and wouldn't use anything else. It may be that my buddy's 6004 is just new and needs to be broken in a little.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 9:10:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
A buddy of mine whose got some experience with thigh holsters by Eagle and Blackhawk just got one. He says that the hood doesn't swivel all the way down out of the way, so you have to push your hand down past the grip of the weapon to get the hood down, then take a firing grip and draw. It adds an extra step to getting the weapon out and into the fight. For that reason alone I wouldn't get it.
View Quote

There must be something wrong with your bud's holster.  It should only take one easy step to rotate the hood down and out of the way.

This holster is lightening fast. Offers level II protection.
Me like.

JDP
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 9:42:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one for my HK USP and it is great. The holster is molded to fit the particular model. The thumbbreak works flawlessly for me. In fact I can draw and be on target under two seconds maybe around 1.5 seconds. You can draw it slow and quiet if you have to, unlike some with a  velcro thumbbreak. I should stop here before I get into my fantasies of being Han Solo shooting Rebel soldiers, I mean Storm Troopers ... .

No Slack!
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 9:47:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one for my Glock 17 with M3. It works GREAT! i love it never had any problems with the roll over retention system. Much better than a thumb break.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 9:56:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one for my Glock 21 w/M3 tactical light.  Great holster.  With sufficient practice the draw is incredibly fast, yet it provides outstanding snatch protection.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 3:30:38 AM EDT
[#6]
It is a great system. WHere you really pick up time with it is in re-holstering your weapon, an often underappreciated necessity. When you need to get rid of your handgun quickly to go hands-on, use handcuffs, gas, or clear the malfunction in your long gun, this one works the fastest of any I have used.

As for the hood not going all the way down, your friend needs to lube the rotating hood every now and then and probably adjust it with the Allen wrench that came with it. This is all covered in the instructions (which the Allen wrench was taped to).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top