Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2002 9:39:14 AM EDT
Do any of you guy's know wher to get a good dent pulling kit from? I have about 25 small dents from a hail storm and I'm not going to pay someone $25 a pop to get them out for me. Thanks for the help
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 9:53:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Do any of you guy's know wher to get a good dent pulling kit from? I have about 25 small dents from a hail storm and I'm not going to pay someone $25 a pop to get them out for me. Thanks for the help
View Quote

Turn it into your insurance company. Most hail damage will repair itself. The heat of the sun will do most of it. Another trick I "heard" of was to let the sun get it really hot and then drop an ice cube in the dent. It will cause the dent to raise.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 10:02:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Turn it into your insurance company. Most hail damage will repair itself. The heat of the sun will do most of it. Another trick I "heard" of was to let the sun get it really hot and then drop an ice cube in the dent. It will cause the dent to raise.
View Quote

Thats what I was told but it has been two years and nothing like that has happen yet . I'll try the Ice cube thing.

The insurance company only gave me about $1000 for everything to be fixed that also that would be for about 25+ dents and a new front window. Almost all the money had gone to the front window. I Only have about $300 left and been going around trying to find a place that will give me a good price but most of them are $1000+
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 10:07:36 AM EDT
[#3]

"dent" is Latin for "tooth".  Being the geek I am I first read the title of this thread as someone looking for a do-it-yourself dentist kit.

Link Posted: 1/17/2002 12:38:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Gun Fan has it just about right...

You can use a heat gun (be carefull) or the sun to heat up the metal, then use dry ice to pop the dents. I'd try it in an inconspicous spot first, just in case.

-Jared
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 12:44:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

"dent" is Latin for "tooth".  Being the geek I am I first read the title of this thread as someone looking for a do-it-yourself dentist kit.

View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 5:09:53 PM EDT
[#6]
This is flimsy but I heard of a relatively new franchise that takes dings+dents out,like shopping carriage dents an door dings + stuff.I do not recall its name,maybe you could get a package deal.Maybe someone that reads this knows the name?[?]
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I've seen very good work from a company that frequents the dealership where I work called Dentwizard.  They come to the site and caress and coax dents out. Most of the time with no paint damage. Find them online at www.dentwiz.com
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 11:39:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've seen very good work from a company that frequents the dealership where I work called Dentwizard.  They come to the site and caress and coax dents out. Most of the time with no paint damage. Find them online at www.dentwiz.com
View Quote

That would have been a great place but the nearest one to me is over 2 hours away. They have good prices also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top