Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2002 7:45:54 AM EDT

[url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/htx/bpihw/20020116/en/_x-files_wrapping_in_may_after_9_seasons_out_there_1.html[/url]

I can't believe this show is still on!
I thought it died years ago. Or maybe it just smelled that way.

Link Posted: 1/17/2002 7:50:51 AM EDT
[#1]
THANK GOD ITS FINALLY OVER:):):):)
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 7:55:21 AM EDT
[#2]
X files is a good TV series......and like any good series.....It's getting old.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 7:59:29 AM EDT
[#3]
No.  They should have gone out while they were still on top.  I think Duchovney (sp?) wanted too.  M*A*S*H set the standard for that.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 8:32:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I will mourn.

My son already gave up on it when Duchovny left.

It is not the same without him, especially the dry witty remarks he consistently delivered.

I think any show with a redhead in it with a weapon has to be fun.

Of course I'm an x-fileophile....what do I know?

"Trust no one"
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 8:38:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 8:40:22 AM EDT
[#6]
The [b]Reptilians & the Draco's[/b]won't mourn...
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 8:46:50 AM EDT
[#7]
X Files started going downhill when Chris Carter basically admitted he didn't have any sort of coherent story arc, that he was just making it up as he went along and disregarding any sort of continuity.
The only reason I watched it at all after the fourth season was to see the interplay between David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson.  When Duchovny left, the series ended for me.

Edited because I screwed up Gillian Anderson's name.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 8:49:41 AM EDT
[#8]
[sleep]
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 9:14:25 AM EDT
[#9]
break open the champagne that show went down the toilet after season 3.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 9:18:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Most of the show these days is Scully bawling and sobbing. Guess she's not getting any since Muldar got beamed up to the mothership.

True to form though she continues to lose her gun a lot but seems to get wacked on the head less often when she does draw her weapon.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 9:29:07 AM EDT
[#11]

posted by rikwriter

X Files started going downhill when Chris Carter basically admitted he didn't have any sort of coherent story arc, that he was just making it up as he went along and
                        disregarding any sort of continuity.
                        The only reason I watched it at all after the fourth season was to see the interplay between David Duchovny and Ann Gillian. When Duchovny left, the series ended for
                        me.
View Quote

Who the hell is Ann Gillian??? Oh, isn't that the chunky blonde who got breast cancer?
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 9:30:55 AM EDT
[#12]
It was just a newer version of Night Stalker...
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 9:36:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 9:39:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Bummer.  I really didn't like Anderson for "eye candy" reasons...flabby and looks really bitchy.

Last season when Monica Reyes, played by Annabeth Gish, was introduced, I was infatuated.  John Dogget played by Terminator 2's Robert Patrick was a bit difficult to get used to.

All of you detractors didn't see the 1997 season final episode...
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 9:43:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Bummer.  I really didn't like Anderson for "eye candy" reasons...flabby and looks really bitchy.

Last season when Monica Reyes, played by Annabeth Gish, was introduced, I was infatuated.  John Dogget played by Terminator 2's Robert Patrick was a bit difficult to get used to.

View Quote

Gee, can I borrow a copy of that episode from your collection? [;)]

Link Posted: 1/17/2002 9:46:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 9:51:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Gee, can I borrow a copy of that episode from your collection? [;)]

View Quote

DVD, CD or VHS?

NO!!!!

I will show you where to pirate these titles since Chris Carter has turned into a fat wimp.  Send money to Annabeth Gish as she was just getting started if you feel guilty.

Ready?  Its called edonkey2000.  A file sharing resource.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 9:53:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Er.... flabby?  Dude, maybe in the second(?) season when she got pregnant, but flabby?  I must have some warped sense of a hot chick.

-Gloftoe
View Quote

Yes you do.  Compare Gish to Anderson.  One will drive you crazy, the other insane.  I'll pick the latter and that's with Gish, of course in my dreams.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 11:31:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 11:35:33 AM EDT
[#20]
I will totally miss the X-Files.  I thought it was really getting good with Robert Patrick, they made a good choice in replacements there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top