Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2002 5:45:47 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 5:47:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't buy Chyrsler crap BEFORE the ad.

Link Posted: 1/17/2002 5:52:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a roommate when I was in college who was a great guy. He hooked up with a "vegetarian for ethical reasons" kinda chick and it changed him into a nutless pantywaist. He started getting mail from PETA at the apartment. I asked him what was up with that since he enjoyed cooked flesh just as much as I did. He owned up to the fact that she was "bringing him around."

This ethical vegetarian chick still wore leather shoes, belts, jackets and carried leather purses because, in her words, "there aren't really any good alternatives yet."

She put on a good 50 or 60 pounds after they got married. I didn't realize there was that much fat in tofu and bean sprouts...
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 5:57:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Lets put pressure from the other end.  ESPN2 airs hunting shows too.  Lets all write ESPN with the same complaint.  GD Bless OLN.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 6:32:00 AM EDT
[#4]
man, you guys are so strict! what, if anything DO you buy? at least DiamlerChrystler doesn't cater to the Chicoms! as i said before, i won't stop supporting a 61 year tradition because of some Madison Avenue lacky and their F-ed up world view. Jeep heard us and acted. THAT is all i care about. now, if they said "up yours outdoorsman!", that would be a different story.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 6:35:35 AM EDT
[#5]
PETA says Hunters are Terrorists...running arround the woods terrorizing animals with their guns....
Jeep does not apologize for its ad.....
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/610102/posts[/url]
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 6:49:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I read the artcle- it's not hard to divine what side the reporter comes down on on this issue. Prob. some kid fresh out of college. I'll bet he's a PETA symp, if not a PETAphile himself. If not, then how come Ingrid Newkirk got the lion's share of quotes and comment, and the last word in the article, then?

How come Jeep didn't apologise, BTW? Anybody? Bueller?

[The TV show "West Wing" strives to] present a very balanced view of an
issue, to present both sides.  The only issue we don't do that on is gun
control.
- --ANONYMOUS EXECUTIVE PRODUCER, "WEST WING" (IN COMMENTARY MAGAZINE
12/2000)
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 7:23:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Now we need a ad showing the yuppy-mobile (grand cherokee) WHACKING the deer.........no winners then........[kill]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top