Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2001 9:57:44 PM EDT
OK guys, my wife gave me approval to buy a new toy.
I have heard good things about the Howa 1500, so I am asking, does anyone have one of these. What caliber? Any "special" models, like "sniper", "tactical", "law enforcement" or anything else that will piss the antis off?
Is there a web page for them? I tried Howa.com, no luck.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/13/2001 10:14:48 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife's hunting rifle is a Howa 1500 custom rifle I built for her about 8 years ago.  It's been a great little rifle.  Accurate and well made (Even the part I built and worked on [;)] )

I don't know much about what they are doing to them now other then they are basically the same design and manufactured in the same factory as a Weatherby (uh-oh, I've drawn a blank - was it the Vanguard?  Sorry, I'm not a big Weatherby fan.  Ah well, someone will confirm/correct me.)  

Link Posted: 3/13/2001 10:15:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Howa is imported by LSI (Legacy Sports International)-----No "wiz-bang" names, just standard & heavy bbl's in cro-moly or SS. Barreled actions or complete rifles in standard cal's & 3 magnums. Most excellent firearms!
Link Posted: 3/13/2001 11:26:02 PM EDT
[#3]
noname, thanks for the tip on Legacy, a quick internet search came up with this!

[img]http://www.vulcanpub.com/images/outdoors/vm/proshop/vrmtscp.jpg[/img]

The Howa M-1500 Varmint has a short bolt throw for fast and easy handling and a heavy, 24-inch hammer-forged barrel. The convenient thumb-operated safety is virtually silent, with a controlled release. The recessed target-style muzzle protects the crown for consistent accuracy. The M-1500 Varmint is available with your choice of a balanced polymer stock with positive scrolled checkering on the grip and forend or a walnut-finished hardwood stock with hand-crafted checkering. Both stocks have a solid rubber recoil pad and sling swivel studs. The M-1500 Varmint comes in 223 Rem., 22-250 Rem. and 308 Win.

For more information, contact Legacy Sports International, Phone (703) 548-4837, [url]www.legacysports.com[/url]
Link Posted: 3/13/2001 11:37:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one in 222 Rem and a friend has one in 223 Rem, both of them are one-hole shooters. They also say S&W on them. We bought them back in '83 and mine will still shoot 1/4" groups. (yeah, so will his when he does his part) I was amazed at the accuracy of these stock rifles, haven't seen such off the shelf accuracy. Oh, and by the way, both have a thin sporter BBl [:D]
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 2:57:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Wholesale on 308 SS Varmint is $365.00
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top