Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2002 10:49:15 PM EDT
In the civil war we lost a hundred k men in a single day.
In ww1 we lost 30,ooo men "before breakfast" as told to me by a friends grandfather.
In ww2 we lost 3,ooo men in a day.
In korea we lost 500 in a day.
In vietnam we lost 150 in a day...
In somolia we lost 18...
In afganistan we lost 5...
What will it take to make us give up in 20 years?  Have we become soft or more intelligent? Have we progressed as humans or turned yellow?
I am not stating my opinion just asking. Though I think my grandfather was no fool!
At what price does liberty come?
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 1:32:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Is that 100,000 figure accurate? I thought it was less than that. Hmm. And didn't we lose more than 3,000 on D-day? Not as sure about that, but with several beach landings, airborne, etc. Maybe it's right, just thought it'd be more. So that would be like 1% of our total losses in WW2.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top