Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2002 4:17:18 PM EDT
Which GPS is the one to get.
I would like a compact model if possible, also it will be used under tree cover so it will need good reception. Do they make one that can be strapped to the wrist? Do they have one with data storage were I could store brief notes about the sites I have marked? Best weather proof model, etc, etc?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 4:24:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 4:32:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the Garmin E-trex Venture.  I am happy with it.  The whole E-trex line (there are 5 or so models) are water proof to one meter, small, light weight, and durable.  I have had mine wet, dirty, and even a little muddy.  It’s durable for a piece of electronic gear.  The performance is good too.  I recently upgraded the software in it and its much more accurate then when I purchased it.  I used it last weekend in the Arizona desert and it was reading accurate to 6 feet.  Here in the woods of the Oregon I only got 30 feet of accuracy.  Its my first and only GPS so I have nothing to compare it too.  That’s my two cents.  

Once you pick a GPS try [url]www.geocaching.com [/url].  
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 4:38:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I have been under the opinion that the Garmin GPS III+ has been the one to beat.

I have a older GPS III and like it. I would like to update the maps sometime. Never looked into it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top