Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2009 1:46:30 AM EDT
I think I am picking the Iphone once I dump Sprint and I was curious what are some of your favorite apps that you have for the phone.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 2:16:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have an iPhone yet, but the leveler is hella cool!
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 2:23:31 AM EDT
[#2]
the one i use most often is a tossup between pocket guitar and pianist
...both are awesome.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 3:36:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I dont' know about apps but I bought my wife an Ipod touch. Couldn't find any cases worth the money until...

OTTERBOX!!

Link Posted: 5/3/2009 3:45:42 AM EDT
[#4]
mine is remote. I have my computor hooked up to my sound system. With remote I can control iTunes from anywhere in my house and even on my deck.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 3:48:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I dont' know about apps but I bought my wife an Ipod touch. Couldn't find any cases worth the money until...

OTTERBOX!!

THATS BADAZZ!!!

http://www.otterbox.com/ipod-cases/ipod-touch-2nd-gen-armor-case/

The overpriced POS Marware case that I got for my iPod touch sux.

I'll be ordering one of those.......thanks.

As far as iPod apps go..........http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=814457&page=1
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 4:54:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Pandora Radio is awesome.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 5:09:06 AM EDT
[#7]
The Otterbox is awesome. Pandora is the app to get being free radio without no commercials. And what I have been telling people as a developer is wait until July for the third incarnation of the iphone. It resolves a few issues that are with the iphone. Plus it will be able to run background apps. A more powerfull processor and a few other additions I cannot speak of yet. If you have the iphone now the 3.0 software will enable mms and a few other things that needed to be in the original software.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 5:37:44 AM EDT
[#8]
The Weather Channel app is nicer than the stock weather app.
Pandora is nice if you want to listen to music outside of your playlist (but it streams over wifi, and can suck your battery down)
Facebook if you use Facebook

Quoted:
The Otterbox is awesome. Pandora is the app to get being free radio without no commercials. And what I have been telling people as a developer is wait until July for the third incarnation of the iphone. It resolves a few issues that are with the iphone. Plus it will be able to run background apps. A more powerfull processor and a few other additions I cannot speak of yet. If you have the iphone now the 3.0 software will enable mms and a few other things that needed to be in the original software.

I'm really curious about the new hardware, but will be stuck with my 3G for a while.  I picked it up last October, so maybe I'll upgrade this October.  My phone runs fine, but sometimes the battery life blows and (it's jailbroken, so I know that contributes) it's often sluggish.  

I would really like to see improved battery life and a faster processor.  I've read a bit about the 3.0 OS update, and it sounds like they're FINALLY resolving many lacking features.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 5:47:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Ballistic
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 9:35:55 AM EDT
[#10]
I am still amazed at some of the things this phone can do.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 9:36:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I am still amazed at some of the things this phone can do.

Agreed, and I'm no Apple fan, but I love my iPhone.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 9:40:33 AM EDT
[#12]
in before everyone starts posting about iSnipe, iballistics, etc,
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 9:41:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Shazam, pandora, MLB at bat.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 11:34:36 AM EDT
[#14]
I personally don't like the Otter Box.
I have one and found that it will not allow me to use some accessories that were not made by Apple. The case doesn't allow the plug to mate: stuff like lighter plugs and the 1/8" phono plug to output the audio into my car stereo.

I was sitting in a bar last weekend with a couple friends of mine that are professional musicians. A song came on the background music in the bar and they started arguing about who did the song. I pulled out my iPhone and ran Shazam. Argument settled.  Then of course I did an internet search on my iPhone and was able to tell them who else did the song as a cover, when they were done, who wrote it.................................

My favorite app is the MLB At Bat.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 11:36:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Categories and iBlank.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 11:39:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Just wait till you see the new Palm Pre !!
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 3:31:46 PM EDT
[#17]
I saw Shazam in action last night and thats a pretty cool app.  I just like the fact that if I need to kill some time somehow the options are endless on that thing.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 3:33:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 3:36:44 PM EDT
[#19]
yahoo messenger, facebook, bloomberg, weather channel (altho there is a few other weather apps that have a few more features, like live webcam of local areas), amazon kindle reader NO NEED TO BUY A KINDLE NOW, iheart radio, pandora, aol radio, flixter (movie trailers)
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 3:38:30 PM EDT
[#20]
new iphone due in june if you can wait.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 3:43:19 PM EDT
[#21]
microsoft zune HD drops this fall also. it will basically be like a ipod touch, but the screen is OLED (FUCKING WIN)

touchscreen and browser/app capable.

INTERNET EXPLORER AND FLASH CAPABLE
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 3:45:35 PM EDT
[#22]
I like Ballistic, particularly the Field Tactical edition for the "HUD".  Sure beats carrying paper charts or a laptop.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 3:55:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

OTTERBOX!!

THATS BADAZZ!!!

http://www.otterbox.com/ipod-cases/ipod-touch-2nd-gen-armor-case/

The overpriced POS Marware case that I got for my iPod touch sux.

I'll be ordering one of those.......thanks.

As far as iPod apps go..........http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=814457&page=1

The Otterbox Defender case for the 3G is the cat's ass. Make sure you get a glare reducing screen protector from the Apple store and install it on the iPhone first, or you'll get smears. Also, I noticed the sound kinda sucks with the case on the phone. I cut out the white gauze that covers the earpiece, mic and speaker and it sounds perfect.

As far as favorite apps, I like the Weather Channel, Shazaam and Flixster.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 4:08:37 PM EDT
[#24]
ishoot lite is fun. But my very fav is flight control.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 4:21:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I wish there was a radio ap to get Rush, Medved, Beck etc....on the ipod touch.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 4:23:18 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I wish there was a radio ap to get Rush, Medved, Beck etc....on the ipod touch.

there is

AOL RADIO

under "talk" genre i listen to the station "1210 AM WPHT" its out of philadelphia, but they play beck and then rush

but i have to switch to newsradio 840 KXNT out of las vegas to listen to sean hannity.

and i'm sure you could find medved if you try some of the diff talk radio stations during the time he's on.

Link Posted: 5/3/2009 5:53:45 PM EDT
[#27]
yeah but how much is it going to be
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top