Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2009 7:34:46 PM EDT
A buddy sent me this.. Kind of interesting hearing how the far left interprets the 2nd amendment

Here

To Dupe Police: I don't care, don't waste you time....

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 7:38:12 PM EDT
[#1]
well, that was a waste of my time listening to.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 7:41:26 PM EDT
[#2]
That's fucking ridiculous and completely ignores how all the other amendments in the bill of rights deal with the rights of individuals versus the state.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 7:46:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Fuck him, and Obongo!
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 7:46:49 PM EDT
[#4]
It has a 2007 date at the end, obviously a pre Heller tape.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 7:46:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I won't even bother listening to it..

I can guess with great accuracy....

blah blah  feelings  blah blah followed by fabricated facts about the Constitution  (~)
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 7:52:40 PM EDT
[#6]
The guy doesn't even know what "regulated" means. In the context of the second amendment, it is obvious, as it pertains to "a well-regulated militia":

2: to bring order, method, or uniformity to <regulate one's habits>

How would it make sense for a  militia, independent of the federal, and/or state government, to conform to this definition:

1 a: to govern or direct according to rule b  (1): to bring under the control of law or constituted authority  (2): to make regulations for or concernin

Those are just from Merriam Webster.

The Oxford English dictionary provides more evidence that shits on that Brady cocksuckers argument of the word.

http://www.constitution.org/cons/wellregu.htm
The meaning of the phrase "well-regulated" in the 2nd amendment

The following are taken from the Oxford English Dictionary, and bracket in time the writing of the 2nd amendment:

1709: "If a liberal Education has formed in us well-regulated Appetites and worthy Inclinations."

1714: "The practice of all well-regulated courts of justice in the world."

1812: "The equation of time ... is the adjustment of the difference of time as shown by a well-regulated clock and a true sun dial."

1848: "A remissness for which I am sure every well-regulated person will blame the Mayor."

1862: "It appeared to her well-regulated mind, like a clandestine proceeding."

1894: "The newspaper, a never wanting adjunct to every well-regulated American embryo city."

The phrase "well-regulated" was in common use long before 1789, and remained so for a century thereafter. It referred to the property of something being in proper working order. Something that was well-regulated was calibrated correctly, functioning as expected. Establishing government oversight of the people's arms was not only not the intent in using the phrase in the 2nd amendment, it was precisely to render the government powerless to do so that the founders wrote it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:01:13 PM EDT
[#7]
i dont remember hearing about the brady background checks in the 2nd a.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top