Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 5/2/2009 6:02:43 PM EDT
I really want a TA31-RCO for my A4Gery. The only problem is for the price of the RCO or ECOS, I could buy another fucking rifle or two!
What you can do with an $500-$1800 ACOG, I can do with an aimpoint or EOTech.

I can make mini-popper shots all day out to 650 yards out of a 20" A4gery and an EOTech.

I want an RCO as much as the next guy but I can't get over the price.

Does anyone see it going down? Suggestions?

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:04:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Obviously some people can, I cant...but some can. Yey capitalism!
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:04:55 PM EDT
[#2]
i wanted an acog, but i waited too long and by the time i went to buy one they had gone up like 500$

i bought a aimpoint compm3 instead.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:05:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Yes, a wealthy person can.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:05:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Can the average AR-15 owning ARFCOMmer?

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:06:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Brand whore is my usual responce
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:06:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I wheeled and dealed and did some trading to get a TA31.  It is beat to hell on the outside and the finish is worn as hell, but it works just fine.  I got it from a contractor that had used it for a while in Iraq.

I couldn't justify buying one outright.  Or maybe I should say I don't have the will power to save the money.  

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:06:59 PM EDT
[#7]
At $500.00 ACOGs are worth the investment.

At $700.00 its an expensive luxery.

At $1,000.00 plus its a fools investment.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:07:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.  I wanted one.  I sold another AR that I realized I really had no use for, and used that money for my TA31F.
At the time it was $800.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:09:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.  I wanted one.  I sold another AR that I realized I really had no use for, and used that money for my TA31F.

http://nullbits.foxxz.net/albums/album59/IMG_2219.jpg

I've read enough. I refuse to trade a rifle for an optic. It's just wrong!

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:10:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://nullbits.foxxz.net/albums/album59/IMG_2219.jpg

I've read enough. I refuse to trade a rifle for an optic. It's just wrong!

It matters how many rifles you have.  

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:11:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

They are nice. I own one...I prefer Aimpoints.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:11:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
At $500.00 ACOGs are worth the investment.

At $700.00 its an expensive luxery.

At $1,000.00 plus its a fools investment.

This.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:12:44 PM EDT
[#13]
A complete waste of money...

I want one so bad...
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:14:04 PM EDT
[#14]
price is relative when there is an item that is exactly fits your specs, and is of the highest quality. i have every intention of buying one when i get around to the build it will sit on. that price includes the "research" performed by all kinds of fighting men using in on the front lines, if it holds up for them, it should serve me well. i would rather spend the extra cash and be sure, rather than try to save a few bucks and learn that when they say "its almost as good as an ACOG!", they really do mean almost
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:14:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I want one
Foolish for sure but I am building an M4gery to match the one I carried in Iraq
Damn shame the Marine Corps wouldn't let me keep the ACOG they issued me

Monk
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:14:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I can make mini-popper shots all day out to 650 yards out of a 20" A4gery and an EOTech.

Really, that is amazing shooting, i mean wow, 650 yards with an regular non magnified EOtech. If this is true an acog will do nothing for you.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:16:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

With my ACOG. I can shoot a tango in the eye at 5000 yards. Standing on one leg.  The ACOG is that good.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:16:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I really want a TA31-RCO for my A4Gery. The only problem is for the price of the RCO or ECOS, I could buy another fucking rifle or two!

I'm not sure I could see a mini popper at 650 yards unaided.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:17:21 PM EDT
[#19]
I love my ACOG but I bought it used.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:18:51 PM EDT
[#20]
You get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:19:15 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[blue]I can make mini-popper shots all day out to 650 yards out of a 20" A4gery and an EOTech.[//blue]

He is still pretty young.  His eyes haven't aged like most of us yet.  

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:19:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You get what you pay for.

And an aimpoint with a magnifier costs the same as an ACOG.  But the ACOG does not need batteries.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:20:34 PM EDT
[#23]
I've owned three ACOGs i bought them new from SWFA, Botach & RSR for between $525.00 - $723.00.

The cheapest one, a little compact 2x with triangle reticle is the only one I really like of the 3 i tried. I HATE the models with short eye relief. I do not enjoy having the ocular lense slam into my eyeglasses every time i shoot. I HATE the reticle on the TA01. its an up-side-down christmas tree. The 100M & 200M stadia lines are so close togather to make them both practically unusable. I find myself bracketing the target between those lines when shooting at targets in that range. Only at 300M and beyond does the TA01 prove usefull.

YMMV but I'd grab a Weaver V3 1-3X over a TA01 if i though i need a magnified optic on an M$. But I's take an Aimpoint or Eotech over both.

That said the ultra compact 1.5X TA44 SR10 is an awsome sight. If it were $400.00 - $500.00 i would buy one. But at $900.00 plus i cannot justify it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:21:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Me either. But, I make do with what I can afford.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:21:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
price is relative when there is an item that is exactly fits your specs, and is of the highest quality. i have every intention of buying one when i get around to the build it will sit on. that price includes the "research" performed by all kinds of fighting men using in on the front lines, if it holds up for them, it should serve me well. i would rather spend the extra cash and be sure, rather than try to save a few bucks and learn that when they say "its almost as good as an ACOG!", they really do mean almost

Make sure you try before you buy. What looks good on paper or in AAR may not work well for you.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:21:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Find one used and it's priced better. I still can't purchase one, but I'd like to.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:22:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Well, I guess you don't need one.  Hell I have a hard time seeing things at 500 yards.

ACOG's are worth the cost.  Buy one used.  I used to have 5, but now I am down to 2.  Thinking about having Trijicon build a third up to my specs.

If my unemployed student self can buy 5 ACOG's, you got no excuse to not own what you want.

If you really want one, cut back on the soda and fast food.  Start stashing money aside.  Sell blood and semen.  Whore your self out to fat chicks.

If you really want one, get one.  If not, forget about it and get what other things you really want.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:23:22 PM EDT
[#28]
An EOTECH is fine but i would wager your target acquisition to engagement time would be a hell of a lot less with ACOG at any distance passed 100M. But really what MOA EOTECH are you using that engagements at that distance would be reasonable?
Crystal clear glass

Massive FOV for the amount of magnification

Tough as nails

BDC

Can also be used successfully in close quarters with a bit of training.
I own two TA31's but still use my Aimpoints at work and at home. If i the majority of my trigger time where in an open enviroment the ACOG would be superior but since most engagements are urban these days Aimpoint is the winner. The red dot + removable magnier is a very happy medium.

ETA: NO batteries is big plus too.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:23:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Hype costs money, no matter how mediocre the product.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:34:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I guess you don't need one.  Hell I have a hard time seeing things at 500 yards.

ACOG's are worth the cost.  Buy one used.  I used to have 5, but now I am down to 2.  Thinking about having Trijicon build a third up to my specs.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/9118/dsci0002gn5.jpg

If my unemployed student self can buy 5 ACOG's, you got no excuse to not own what you want.

If you really want one, cut back on the soda and fast food.  Start stashing money aside.  Sell blood and semen.  Whore your self out to fat chicks.

If you really want one, get one.  If not, forget about it and get what other things you really want.

I like fat chicks. Methinks I might have a solution. J/K on a solution, on fun guns- EO tech, on for keeps- Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:35:56 PM EDT
[#31]
I can justify it:

People are paying it.

End of discussion.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:36:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

[blue]I can make mini-popper shots all day out to 650 yards out of a 20" A4gery and an EOTech.[//blue]

He is still pretty young.  His eyes haven't aged like most of us yet.  

Hey I'm 27 and I dont think I could see it at 650.

Thats why I bought an ACOG.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:38:11 PM EDT
[#33]
i tried to send you a pm but your box is ful
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:39:45 PM EDT
[#34]
As long as Uncle Sam is buying them at hyper-inflated prices, the price will stay high!
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:39:54 PM EDT
[#35]
I love my ACOG except for it makes everything look really far away.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:43:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

http://members.roadfly.com/Agent7/acog_ar15_b.jpg

Your ACOG of FAIL has arrived.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:44:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
As long as Uncle Sam is buying them at hyper-inflated prices, the price will stay high!

Winner!

QFT!

+1
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:45:36 PM EDT
[#38]
warranty
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#39]
ACOGs are cheap.

Try looking at the recept for one of these

Quit being cheap and get what you want

FREE
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:47:42 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The EE is your friend.

It is where I bought all three of mine and sold two recently.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:47:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
warranty

battery life
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:50:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Try turning the rifle around.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:50:29 PM EDT
[#43]
I got mine because Matt Burkett was using one to win multiple 3 gun championships and I want to be like Mike....er, Matt.

I got mine because high-speed low drag types use them to good effect overseas.

I got mine because they seem cheap compared to USO, Schmidt and Bender, and Premier Heritage scopes.

I got mine because my holosight dot or Aimpoint dot covers up a shitload of target past 300, and I can't hit mini-poppers quickly at 650 without magnification.

I got mine because I could afford it, if other people think I'm a gear queer or foolish, screw 'em.

I got mine out of a spirit of experimentation and a quest for something better, tougher, quicker.

I got mine because for a feeling of security I don't get when shooting low dollar optics (I don't include Aimpoint and Eothings in this category).

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:51:27 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I'd try turning the rifle around. Maybe that will help

ETA: DAMNIT!

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:52:47 PM EDT
[#45]
I wanted a Ta31-RCO M4CP as my ACOG.  At $1100 at a local shop, I was .  There was a mess-up at a job we were doing and I ended up working a 34hr shift, 24 of which were OT.  After cashing my check I looked on Ebay and found an AWESOME used one for $900 shipped...  SOLD

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:53:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
ACOGs are cheap.

Try looking at the recept for one of thesehttp://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL965/4056977/8434974/332751180.jpg

Quit being cheap and get what you want

FREE

Can you post a couple rear shots maybe a couple from the other side one from the front?

I'll only need a few minutes.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:54:49 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I got mine because Matt Burkett was using one to win multiple 3 gun championships and I want to be like Mike....er, Matt.

I got mine because high-speed low drag types use them to good effect overseas.

I got mine because they seem cheap compared to USO, Schmidt and Bender, and Premier Heritage scopes.

I got mine because my holosight dot or Aimpoint dot covers up a shitload of target past 300, and I can't hit mini-poppers quickly at 650 without magnification.

I got mine because I could afford it, if other people think I'm a gear queer or foolish, screw 'em.

I got mine out of a spirit of experimentation and a quest for something better, tougher, quicker.

I got mine because for a feeling of security I don't get when shooting low dollar optics (I don't include Aimpoint and Eothings in this category).

I got mine:

Because it is the perfect low power scope.

I can still use it at QCB range.

S&B is overpriced.

It cost as much as a Aimpoint with a magnifier but weighs less and is less bulky.

NC Star is for homos.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Brand whore is my usual responce

they have awsome glass in them i swear it looks brighter out when looking through them in the middle of the day! and they are rugged

This hobby isnt for everyone ,the price of ammo concerns me more than the price of the ACOG .
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Chicks dig ACOGS
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:57:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me either. But, I make do with what I can afford.

Yep i agree, hell an accupoint is a good substitute if you cant afford the ACOG

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top