Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2009 9:56:25 PM EDT
today, I have worked for Halliburton for the last 5 years, in the last year we have lost 70% of the rigs here in western Colorado that were drilling natural gas.
Oh well things could be worse, like me haveing a shitload of bills but I saw this coming.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:57:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you get to bring the weather machine home with you ?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:59:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry to hear that
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:04:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
today, I have worked for Halliburton for the last 5 years, in the last year we have lost 70% of the rigs here in western Colorado that were drilling natural gas.
Oh well things could be worse, like me haveing a shitload of bills but I saw this coming.

I'm still working 3 out of 4 weeks. Actually at my age I really enjoy a 3 week month except for the wifes things to do shit list on my week off. I can't dump her though because she's the cash cow on the pension sheet

My crystal ball predicts many dead groundhogs this summer

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:08:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I think god today for this, No more fuckin idiots calling me to ask stupid questiuons all time of the night. I was a cement dept cordinator.
Now I am going to work with my friend that is doing repo work and make a shitton of money stealing the shit the same stupid fuckers that used to call me everyday can't pay for anymore.
Am I a Asshole for this??
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:38:40 PM EDT
[#5]
welcome abord the unemplayter maytey!  I be eyen for the isles of employment for a month or so myself

seriously, im 1200 in debt right now, im hurtin for a job right now... gotta go to McDonalds next week...
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 12:13:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I will be in the same boat pretty soon, my hours got cut pretty bad and I can already see them dumping me off.. I really have no clue what I will do.. As for the hour cut im already having a hard time paying bills..
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 12:22:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I think god today for this, No more fuckin idiots calling me to ask stupid questiuons all time of the night. I was a cement dept cordinator.
Now I am going to work with my friend that is doing repo work and make a shitton of money stealing the shit the same stupid fuckers that used to call me everyday can't pay for anymore.
Am I a Asshole for this??

Nope. Providing a service without being the one making the demand or decision for the service, kinda takes you out of the asshole command loop.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           I watched Halliburton just fuck my brother over several years of loyal service to them (acid treater in Bakersfield, CA) then lay him and half their yard off three days before Christmas. He got hired to build hydraulics at another outfit, and Halliburton called him back a year later...he didn't go. They laid off all the guys they rehired about six weeks later. Brother's now shop foreman at hydraulics shop and much better off.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 12:26:15 AM EDT
[#8]
You guys should consider joining the National Guard. The $20K sign on bonus should take care of your bills.

If you already got time in service, then get your DD-214 and get down to the nearest armory. You can finish up your twenty in the Guard for some retirement benefits.

Do you need job skills? The unions have a helmets to hardhats program for servicemen coming back to the workforce. There is also some college benefits too.

Seriously, if you are out of a job then you really need to talk to a recruiter. http://www.nationalguard.com/

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 12:34:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sorry man. I lot of my family has worked in that field, for the last thirty years. Oil and Nat. Gas is so crazy. It seems it is either fest or nothing.  Hang in there amigo.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 12:39:55 AM EDT
[#10]
BTW, the age limit is 41yo.

Veterans, you just have to add your time in service to 41 to get your age limit. We get alot of veterans in their thirtysomething and even fortysomething years joining the National Guard because they want to finish their twenty and get some retirement benefits.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:31:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Ok, now that I'm clear of the influence of Booze. Dam jager still sucks.....
My best friend of 12 years has been trying to get me to come work with him doing repo for the last 8 months. Going to go start riding with him on tuesday.
So it looks like I may not be out of a job for too long. Hell I would like a little vacation. Its been 23years since I have not had a job.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:42:40 AM EDT
[#12]
I just saw a news story about a little town in Wyoming that is booming due to natural gas.  They can't hire enough people (so says the news story).  Pine... somthing.

Hang in there!

Eric  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top