Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2009 4:48:48 PM EDT
I used to go there every once in a long while(last time I went was a couple years ago with my girlfriend at the time) but I am conversing with a girl I met on match.com that likes Bennigan's.  The ones I have seen in my AO(Chicago area) have all closed.

Are they closed anywhere else?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:53:55 PM EDT
[#1]
They went out of business, Deej.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:55:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:57:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They went out of business, Deej.

I had heard that their corporate stores went under and the franchise stores stayed open.

Awesome, thanks.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:59:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I used to love to go to the local one, because there was never anyone there

It closed.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:02:07 PM EDT
[#5]
All the ones here are boarded up, it was a tired theme, I used to go to them in the 80's for happy hour, wife and I went back recently before they closed, dirty, same decor, no money put into that place for 15 years it looked like.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:12:32 PM EDT
[#6]
One of the original yuppie swill palaces, along with Steak and Ale. Me, I preferred Fuddruckers, though I'm not even sure if they are around anymore.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:14:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Ate at one in the bottom of the Holiday Inn @ Rock Island this week.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:16:02 PM EDT
[#8]
There is one in Tampa still open I believe, and one in Kissimmee.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:19:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I haven't been to one in years but their apple dessert was killer.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:21:07 PM EDT
[#10]
We went to one in Pitsfield MA a month or so ago
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:21:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I thought Bennigans was just an obscure reference... not a real place
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:21:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I liked that big burger.

I only went there twice, not one in my area of operations
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:23:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I used to sling that shit in college. It would kill me when these fat women would come in and order a Monte Cristo sammich and a diet Coke
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:25:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I seriously think they are purposely trying to fuck with people. There's a closed one pretty close to where I live and they left the lights on inside. I can't tell you how many times I drive by after work on my way home and see people pulling on their locked doors. They closed it over a year ago to boot.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:29:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I seriously think they are purposely trying to fuck with people. There's a closed one pretty close to where I live and they left the lights on inside. I can't tell you how many times I drive by after work on my way home and see people pulling on their locked doors. They closed it over a year ago to boot.

The locator posted earlier said the one on Michigan Avenue downtown is still open.  I know for sure the one in Chicago Ridge and the one in Oak Brook on 22nd Street are closed.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:32:03 PM EDT
[#16]
All the one's in MI are still open.  They were all franchised by a single company and were not effected.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:54:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Bennigan's was one of my weekly places to eat when I was working in Detroit weekdays in '03.  I ate at the one on 14 Mile and Stephenson Highway.

One of the best Rueben sandwiches I've had anywhere, fwiw.  Makes me hungry for one!
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:01:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Melbourne, FL. one is tits-up.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:05:09 PM EDT
[#19]
The one in Seoul is still open.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:07:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Monte Cristo ftw!  

The one by my house closed a while ago.  I didn't realize the company was that screwed up.  There's only one in Maryland now:(
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Roadtrip!
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:22:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
All the one's in MI are still open.  They were all franchised by a single company and were not effected affected.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:24:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Isn't the one in Cal City still around?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#24]
the discontinuation of the wheelhouse burger was their undoing.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:25:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Roadtrip!

There are roads over the Pacific?

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:28:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Roadtrip!

I'll figure it out, trust me.

If we live your buying, if we die I would have bought
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:33:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Isn't the one in Cal City still around?

not according to the website.  I wouldn't know anyway.  I don't go over to that area very often, but twice this week I have had to go to Harvey and was in Phoenix today.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:38:24 PM EDT
[#28]
If we're lucky... yes.

They sucked.

Worst. Restaurant. Ever.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:39:03 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Roadtrip!

I'll figure it out, trust me.

If we live your buying, if we die I would have bought

Better idea, get your passport and we hop on the next KAL 747 out of LAX to ICN and then you can buy. It is cheaper. Wonder if they have

Gaegogi?  

Wonder if they have fruit flies circling around the shake blender at the bar in Seoul?  They did in Houston..

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:40:48 PM EDT
[#30]
I think there is one left in Orlando close to Disney on Vineland.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:51:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Everytime I hear the name "Bennigans" or drive past one of those chain resturants like "Chili's" I can't help but think of the movie "Waiting". Takes place in a joint called "Shenanigans".
It's fucking hilarious but so true.

"Don't FUCK with the people that handle your food."
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:58:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Inside Bennigan's Bankruptcy Filing

Changing Tastes

Bennigan's restaurants fall victim to American belt-tightening.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:01:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Ate at one in the bottom of the Holiday Inn @ Rock Island this week.

I ate there a few months ago!

But only because I was there for a wedding reception in the same building and needed to kill some time and beers beforehand. Why anyone would actually want to go there is beyond me.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:14:05 PM EDT
[#34]
There's a handful around the Dallas area that remained open.  I see more closed ones, it seems, and all the Steak and Ale's appear closed.  Bennigan's Monti-Cristo and a pint was always good to go!
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:29:40 PM EDT
[#35]
That whiskey-glazed chicken though, was awesome.  I've been jonesing for that stuff for the past six months, and haven't gotten around to making it over to the last Bennigans to get some.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:32:50 PM EDT
[#36]
The Benigan's in South Lakeland FL closed and then mysteriously caught
fire after the closure.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:22:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
All the one's in MI are still open.  They were all franchised by a single company and were not effected.

False.  The one on 28th St. in Cascade closed last year.  It was only open for like 4, maybe 5 years to boot.  The one on the north side of Grand Rapids is still open however.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:07:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
One of the original yuppie swill palaces, along with Steak and Ale. Me, I preferred Fuddruckers, though I'm not even sure if they are around anymore.

What really? What part of Texas are you in?

I've seen plenty of Fuddruckers from here (laredo) to Houston? I actually ate there yesterday.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:09:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Yep, months ago.  Like last October or so.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:05:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I used to go there every once in a long while(last time I went was a couple years ago with my girlfriend at the time) but I am conversing with a girl I met on match.com that likes Bennigan's.  The ones I have seen in my AO(Chicago area) have all closed.

Are they closed anywhere else?

There is one in Elgin.  I90 then north on 31 and take a right at the first light, it is in a motel, I think it is a Holiday Inn these days.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:12:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The locator posted earlier said the one on Michigan Avenue downtown is still open.  I know for sure the one in Chicago Ridge and the one in Oak Brook on 22nd Street are closed.

They also closed the one on Randal road in the Batavia/Geneva area. Closed over  year ago as well.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:17:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Roadtrip!

Polar route.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top