Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2009 4:21:34 PM EDT
I do not recall seeing a NEW thread when the movie came out a while back.........but seeing it on another board got me thinking. My lifespans impaired by a chronic disease that seems to just continue to grow into other additional  medical conditions. So i've been thinking about a bucket list that I might be able to aspire to fill at least a few "wants" before the great beyond.    My bucket list is.........1) Just continue my current health as long as possiable. 2) Learn more IT stuff. 3) Shoot a BIG GUN...like the old WWII 88's (not a nazi ref fwiw) 4)Dive sombrero reef again regularly as much as positioning permits, [its 1650mi away ]and catch a "PERMIT" Fish!!  AND #5) Just keep on keeping on......................the other one I read had like 50 things to do before I die on it. Whats on your bucket list?  
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:24:05 PM EDT
[#1]
If you can get 5-gallon plastic buckets cheap, you can poke a hole or two in the bottom and it makes a nice slow watering device for delicate plants. Better than blasting with a hose.

I need a good galvanized one for ashes.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:25:20 PM EDT
[#2]
My number one is to dive with a Great White.

In a cage of course.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:26:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I do not recall seeing a NEW thread when the movie came out a while back.........but seeing it on another board got me thinking. My lifespans impaired by a chronic disease that seems to just continue to grow into other additional  medical conditions. So i've been thinking about a bucket list that I might be able to aspire to fill at least a few "wants" before the great beyond.    My bucket list is.........1) Just continue my current health as long as possiable. 2) Learn more IT stuff. 3) Shoot a BIG GUN...like the old WWII 88's (not a nazi ref fwiw) 4)Dive sombrero reef again regularly as much as positioning permits, [its 1650mi away ]and catch a "PERMIT" Fish!!  AND #5) Just keep on keeping on......................the other one I read had like 50 things to do before I die on it. Whats on your bucket list?  

Anyone of us could get squashed by an airplane engine in our sleep tonight.  Screw making lists, live life to it's fullest right now.  Hope your health maintains or improves and you get to do everything on your big list and more.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:27:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Shoot that elk I saw at 11,520 feet near Cimarrona Mtn. CO in 2007.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:27:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Slow dance just once with Sarah Palin...

...... just kiddin' honey!!!!! (probably)
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Go back to Panama one more time.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:33:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Fly a modern fighter.  Preferably an F16.  

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:35:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Take a Dump on "The Ones" Desk
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:38:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My number one is to dive with a Great White.

In a cage of course.  

me too i know some South African divers that were over here working for us, so; i have connections just need to use them....
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:41:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Man, I can't even think of everything.

Be in a car chase.

Shoot a .50 cal machine gun.

Fly an airplane.

Captain a ship.

Play guitar on stage (actually had that opportunity a few nights ago and didn't take it )

There are more, for sure. I just haven't thought of them all!
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:44:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I would like to get married, visit Spain, drive a Saleen, pick fresh blueberries, and buy a yellow house with a white picket fence.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:47:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Go back to Europe for a month - at least.
Have a couple of plastic surgery procedures (eyes & nose & lipo).
Own my own AR-10.
Go on a trip to the mountains for photography purposes - hang several shots of my own in my home.
Take a hand-to-hand self-defense course.
Buy a house on a hill overlooking a lake
scuba dive a reef
Write a book (and get it published)
Get a job that I'm passionate about
have enough land that I can keep several goats, chickens and guinea pigs…  and maybe a cow or some ponies.  
be at the births of my grandchildren

my friends and I each have a "20 things" list - it's hard to think of 20 things you want to do purely for yourself...  hopefully crossing off the scuba one in 6 weeks.    (all depends on the flu screwing up our cruise destinations...)
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:01:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Go to Hawaii
Go Grizzly hunting
Go Ram hunting
Go Moose hunting
Go to Greece
Go back to Germany
Become a LEO after the military
Eat a damn rattlesnake fajita in Texas
Visit Dimebag's grave
Take my son to a gun range when he gets a little older.

Probably a lot more that I can't think of atm I'm a dreamer. Most of it will happen if I dont die too soon.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:08:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Nothing to exciting except for horrible evil things.

I would want to fight Butterbean, but Id do that anytime
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:09:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Own a Humvee with a .50 on it.  Just like back in the day... but for me
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:15:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Go scuba diving at Cozumel with my friends.

Tour the D-Day beaches at Normandy.

Go sailing off of the southern coast of Ireland around the Kinsale area.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:16:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Not much in the way of specific goals. I just want to be happy.

I want to look back at the life I lived and be able to feel that I've made a difference in someone's life.  I want to be comfortable in the knowledge that I've done the right thing, regardless of the rewards or consequences.  

Life is nothing more than a day-to-day journey.  The small stuff really doesn't matter.  The big picture is what matters.  Integrity, honestly, selflessness; my bucket is full of reminders for me to practice these values whenever presented with an opportunity.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:18:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Sombrero? I had a close encounter there with a Hammerhead years ago. Awesome reef to dive.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:31:49 PM EDT
[#19]
1. Fly an Apache helicopter into Osama bin Laden's compound, killing him and his followers.

2. Have sex with Jennifer Aniston.

3. Win the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

4. Watch Sarah Brady turn into a dust speck and blow away in the wind as all her gun grabbing efforts are ruled illegal and the Brady Bunch are evicted from their corporate offices in a vicous bankruptcy proceeding.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:12:12 PM EDT
[#20]
I just held my 2-year-old son until he fell asleep.  Then i went downstairs and ate nine home-made chocolate-chip cookies in my living room while curled up on the couch with my wife.

I don't need a list.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:15:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Man, I can't even think of everything.

Be in a car chase.

Shoot a .50 cal machine gun.

Fly an airplane.

Captain a ship.

Play guitar on stage (actually had that opportunity a few nights ago and didn't take it )There are more, for sure. I just haven't thought of them all!

ETA for me, I'd just like to fly the helicopter once instead of riding in the back!
Dude, life's short. Go for it next time!
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:18:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I just held my 2-year-old son until he fell asleep.  Then i went downstairs and ate nine home-made chocolate-chip cookies in my living room while curled up on the couch with my wife.

I don't need a list.

and this, ladies and gentlemen, is the definition of true bliss.  well done, sir.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Live in a free country. Go to a Manchester United game at home.  Go to a Rammstein concert in Europe.  Bone Jessica Simpson.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Get back to Europe, this time with my wife.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top