Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2009 1:33:33 PM EDT
Anyone remember this made for Tv movie....... I was a little kid back then but thought this movie was awesome.....

Killdozer
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:38:02 PM EDT
[#1]
fuck
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:45:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for being the only one to post in my thread fieroloki.......
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:50:16 PM EDT
[#3]
My list of things a movie has to have to make it good:

Hookers
Gunfights
Car chases
Airplanes
Firetrucks/Police cars
Hookers
Killer Bulldozers
Hookers

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:55:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't remember the movie but I remember the real thing.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:55:32 PM EDT
[#5]
yeah, I remember that movie, I think it was a made for T.V. movie, can't remember who was in it although Darrin McGavin comes to mind. Don't know if Stephen King had anything to do with it but it was like another made for T.V. movie Spielburg did in '71 "Duel" Stephen King wrote a short story  I read one time about  people holed up in a truck stop being terrorized by semi's and other vehicles come to life that were trying to kill them.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:57:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
yeah, I remember that movie, I think it was a made for T.V. movie, can't remember who was in it although Darrin McGavin comes to mind. Don't know if Stephen King had anything to do with it but it was like another made for T.V. movie Spielburg did in '71 "Duel" Stephen King wrote a short story  I read one time about  people holed up in a truck stop being terrorized by semi's and other vehicles come to life that were trying to kill them.

Was it maximum overdrive?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 2:01:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I sure do remember it as I have always dug teh bulldozers.  It was an awesome movie for a young teenager of the 70's (like I was).  I know they had a bitch of a time killing it, if I remember right they got it to go onto some metal thing and electrocuted it.

It's cool to re-watch some of those old movies that seemed so modern and well made at the time and see how cheesy they look today.  Like Red Dawn.  LOLZ!!
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 2:05:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow, that was really scary how that bulldozer ran over those tents and knocked over those fuel drums.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 2:09:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wow, that was really scary how that bulldozer ran over those tents and knocked over those fuel drums.

Yea but I bet you couldn't shift gears like that thing.... Could 'ya.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Couldn't you just outrun it?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 3:31:33 PM EDT
[#11]
have seen it a hundred times and am gonna see it a hundred more.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 3:36:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I remember NOT seeing it, back in the day
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 3:42:01 PM EDT
[#13]
THE best movie ever.  It was supposed to be a Si-Fi flick but I always thought of it as a comedy.  You can't help but cheer everytime it killed another hapless fool.  I like how the guy taunts it by breaking it's headlight, the dozer gets pissed and falls into their ambush.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 3:43:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I remember "Killdozer"

I liked "Duel" better
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 3:46:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Surprisingly enough, I do NOT remember this one.

Anyone remember "Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry"?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 3:50:57 PM EDT
[#16]
I remember that one.  Must have been about 9 or 10 when that aired, remember it as being pretty good.  Does anyone remember who wrote the story it was based on?  IIRC it was a Richard Matheson story.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 3:52:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Hell yeah I remember it.  I have very fond memories of made-for-TV movies and series from my childhood in the 70's.  Here's some more:

Duel in the Desert movie- Lloyd Bridges??  a crippled P-40 trying to outrun a Tiger
Trilogy of Terror movie - that damn voodoo doll scared the piss of out me
The Night Stalker Series - how about the damn headless motorcycle dude episode
Gargoyles

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 3:55:05 PM EDT
[#18]
"Killdozer" starred Clint Walker.  Mr Walker is a conservative, patriotic American. He appears as a guest from time to time on Mark Levin's show.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 3:57:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Reminds me of "trucks", I believe Stephen King had something to do with that movie.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:00:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I remember that one.  Must have been about 9 or 10 when that aired, remember it as being pretty good.  Does anyone remember who wrote the story it was based on?  IIRC it was a Richard Matheson story.

IMDB would lead me to believe it is based on a Theodore Sturgeon novella
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:06:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I remember "Killdozer"

I liked "Duel" better

+1.  Duel was awesome.  Very well-done movie.  Even The Car was better than Killdozer.

The Car

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:23:22 PM EDT
[#22]
When the guy picked up the Doughboy helmet and chucked it like trash.  I wanted the dozer to get him!.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:30:49 PM EDT
[#23]
haven't seen that ball of corn since it orginally aired. Damn, I feel old.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:32:39 PM EDT
[#24]
If any of you get the chance, the original sci fi story  "Killdozer" by Theodore Sturgeon was pretty darn good.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:16:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Yep, I remember it.  I believe the front blade was struck directly by a meteorite
and then it "came to life".
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:33:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Yep, I remember Killdozer. As a kid, I loved it. Not sure what I'd think of it now.

Of course, as someone mentioned, it did have Clint Walker in it, so it can't be all bad.

Other movies I remember as a kid...

"Trapped" with James Brolin. Guy gets mugged and beaten unconcious in the bathroom of a department store. The store closes and now he's locked inside... with several very nasty attack dogs.

"Short Walk To Daylight". Several people are trapped in the NYC subway after an earthquake. (Also starring James Brolin!)

"Where Have All The People Gone?" Solar flares wipe out all human life, except for Peter Graves(!) and his family... who were in a cave or something when it happened.

"The Bermuda Depths". Magic fish girl, giant turtle... good cheesy fun.

"A Cold Night's Death". Two guys go to a reasearch station in the arctic where some scientist working with monkeys went nuts and killed everyone. Blah, blah, blah... turns out the monkeys are super intelligent and they killed everybody.

Oh, and "Ssssss"... where Dirk Benedict gets turned into a cobra.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:59:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Hell yeah I remember it.  I have very fond memories of made-for-TV movies and series from my childhood in the 70's.  Here's some more:

Duel in the Desert movie- Lloyd Bridges??  a crippled P-40 trying to outrun a Tiger
Gargoyles

"Chopper". Best. Episode. Ever.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:03:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Clint Walker was in the Dirty Dozen in case you didn't  remember.  At that time I don't think that I would have wanted to fuck with him

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:05:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was it maximum overdrive?

That was the title of the first movie that was made from the story. The original story, as well as the made for tv remake were both simply called "Trucks".
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#30]
I remember that movie. ABC use to do  those made for TV movies of the week back then.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:26:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yep, I remember Killdozer. As a kid, I loved it. Not sure what I'd think of it now.

Of course, as someone mentioned, it did have Clint Walker in it, so it can't be all bad.

Other movies I remember as a kid...

"Trapped" with James Brolin. Guy gets mugged and beaten unconcious in the bathroom of a department store. The store closes and now he's locked inside... with several very nasty attack dogs.

"Short Walk To Daylight". Several people are trapped in the NYC subway after an earthquake. (Also starring James Brolin!)

"Where Have All The People Gone?" Solar flares wipe out all human life, except for Peter Graves(!) and his family... who were in a cave or something when it happened.

"The Bermuda Depths". Magic fish girl, giant turtle... good cheesy fun.

"A Cold Night's Death". Two guys go to a reasearch station in the arctic where some scientist working with monkeys went nuts and killed everyone. Blah, blah, blah... turns out the monkeys are super intelligent and they killed everybody.

Oh, and "Ssssss"... where Dirk Benedict gets turned into a cobra.

I watched all of those movies as a kid.

I thought the girl in Sssssssss was hot when I was 10. Many years later I saw Ssssssss again and my taste must have changed cause she seemed homely.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:30:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Anyone remember this made for Tv movie....... I was a little kid back then but thought this movie was awesome.....

Killdozer

Yeah. After that I was helping out in my grandmothers garden when another idea struck me: KILL TILLER!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

According to IMDB it was based on a Theodore Sturgeon novella.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:36:22 PM EDT
[#34]
What about: "Man From Atlantis"..... Anyone remember that one..
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:39:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Westworld FTW!
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Gargoyles

Good stuff!  I loved "Duel in the Desert" - you'd laugh your ass off if you heard me trying to explain that movie to my 6 y.o. son.  We were at the Air & Space Museum in Dulles where they have a P-40 hanging from the ceiling that caught his eye.  It reminded me of that movie, so I tell him about it.  He couldn't decide whether the movie was , or I was .
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:07:54 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gargoyles

Good stuff!  I loved "Duel in the Desert" - you'd laugh your ass off if you heard me trying to explain that movie to my 6 y.o. son.  We were at the Air & Space Museum in Dulles where they have a P-40 hanging from the ceiling that caught his eye.  It reminded me of that movie, so I tell him about it.  He couldn't decide whether the movie was

, or I was

Death Race

In the North African desert in World War II, a damaged American fighter
plane that is unable to take off tries to evade and destroy a pursuing
Nazi tank

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 1:23:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What about: "Man From Atlantis"..... Anyone remember that one..

The one with TV's Patrick Duffy????

That was very early in his career.  He auditioned for the part in briefs...he couldn't even afford a pair of swimming trunks at the time and he didn't have a pair...so he just took off his pants and shirt!!!!  
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 1:32:41 AM EDT
[#39]
SUPERVAN had lasers
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 1:35:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I was pretty PO'd when it ran over the CJ-5 I couldn't aford at the time.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 1:41:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Couldn't you just outrun it?

IIRC, it was on about a 5-10 acre island with a small hill in the middle.  Typical movie sceneario: nowhere to run, nowhere to hide..................................................................
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 1:42:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Gargoyles

This might be the most perfect post # 223 ever

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top