Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2009 11:52:06 AM EDT
Not sure if this is news to anyone, as I just started researching purchasing a Glock pistol, but I just went to feel some up and they had some Glock 22 "4th Gen's", as much as I could tell the only difference was that the grip had a pretty "sticky" grip (not sure how fun it would be to fire all day long without a glove though) and the cuts in the rear of the slide were angular instead of straight.

I'm curious when Glock 17's with those features will be coming out?  All in all, I perfer the "new version"
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:54:59 AM EDT
[#1]
In my opinion the 3rd Generation Glock 17 is the perfect handgun. When you mess with perfection you can only go down. I have handled the 4th Gens and I don't care for them.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:07:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Not sure if this is news to anyone, as I just started researching purchasing a Glock pistol, but I just went to feel some up and they had some Glock 22 "4th Gen's", as much as I could tell the only difference was that the grip had a pretty "sticky" grip (not sure how fun it would be to fire all day long without a glove though) and the cuts in the rear of the slide were angular instead of straight.

I'm curious when Glock 17's with those features will be coming out?  All in all, I perfer the "new version"

its not the 4th gen

they said at shot show that the 4th gen is planned and that the RTF is just an option just like the SF option.

right now its only on the model 22 with no plans to expand it unless it takes off. It took over a year for them to make a SF 20/29 even though they are the SAME frame as the 21/30

(and yeah.. the 17 is the same frame as the 22)
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:19:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I handled a 4th gen G22 at Dennys the other day. Not a fan.

I prefer the 3rd gens.

I may grab 3rd gen G19 or G17 if someone had a decent one for sale.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top