Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2002 11:03:23 AM EDT
6 shot, 3 dead shoot in custody

[url]http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/lawschoolshooting020116.html[/url]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 11:04:33 AM EDT
[#1]
"As many as five people shot at Grundy, Virginia, law school, police say. Details to come."

That is all the Chicken Noodle News website had.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 11:06:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Fox reporting shooter is a foreign exchange student angry over grades. Weapon reported to be a ".38 caliber semi-automatic".
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 11:11:06 AM EDT
[#3]
BAN ALL FOREIGN EXCHANGE STUDENTS....For the Children
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 11:11:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Students (militia) may have grabbed the shooter.

Boy - is it just me, or are the demo-rats up to their tricks again?
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 11:13:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Still nothing on the Communist News Network.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 11:13:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Relax.  It was only a LAW school.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 11:13:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Fox reporting shooter is a foreign exchange student angry over grades. Weapon reported to be a ".38 caliber semi-automatic".
View Quote

Assuming .380 in reality.

Now they are saying he stabbed someone with a knife before he started shooting.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 11:14:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Isn't CCW forbidden at all schools and Universities in Virginia?  No deterent for would-be mass shootings.  Guess he knew no one would be there to stop him.  How come this sort of thing never happens at gun shows?  Duh!
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 11:14:56 AM EDT
[#9]
That's the second shooting with a .380 in as many days...  

Who wants to bet HCI and the rest of them will drop their quest to ban .50s and start campaigning to outlaw the "deadly accurate high power pistol round known as the .380?"
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 11:15:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Assuming .380 in reality.

Now they are saying he stabbed someone with a knife before he started shooting.
View Quote

Ban reality...            ...for the children.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 11:16:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Now they're saying possibly a Nigerian student with a 9mm handgun.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 11:17:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That's the second shooting with a .380 in as many days...  

Who wants to bet HCI and the rest of them will drop their quest to ban .50s and start campaigning to outlaw the "deadly accurate high power pistol round known as the .380?"
View Quote

"NY Times reports the shooter used the deadly accurate high power .380, a sniper pistol used by criminals for long distance assassination."
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 11:20:41 AM EDT
[#13]
How strange...

Today in Virginia, the media reports that the shooter used "a .38 semi-automatic".

Yesterday in NYC, the media reports the shooter used "a .380 revolver".

...strange.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 11:22:10 AM EDT
[#14]
That's why, IMHO, if you want to carry on a campus, regardless of "no carry law", fine with me.  If its properly concealed, you should not have any problems.  If you use it to save your life some day, pay the $50 fine for carrying in a non carry building.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 11:23:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Anyone still willing to claim the .380 is a worthless round?

Anyway, why don't these people just stay home and shoot themselves?

Av.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 11:25:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How strange...

Today in Virginia, the media reports that the shooter used "a .38 semi-automatic".

Yesterday in NYC, the media reports the shooter used "a .380 revolver".

...strange.
View Quote

These two new calibers are deadly accuracte, and can travel over 1/2 mile! Especially designed to be small so many, many rounds can fit into one compact, DEADLY package.

...did I already mention these are deadly rounds?
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 11:56:43 AM EDT
[#17]
The thought of 250 (minus 6) wannabe lawyers running around in terror is gonna keep me warm tonight.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 12:04:04 PM EDT
[#18]
I just get home and hear about this on the TV. One of the Doctors who this guy was a patient of, says he shot the dean second time Point Blank.  CNN didn't say what Caliber or type of weapon. So here is more ammo to take our rights to have weapons away from us.  Yesterday in NY guy shoots 2 Students in a School in Manhattan. I think it was with a 38 auto no sure. This Sucks
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 12:41:38 PM EDT
[#19]
"Students apparently tackled the suspected gunman after he opened fire with a                .38-caliber automatic handgun, Qualls said."

Ellen Qualls is the Press secretary for Mark Warner, the new BONEHEAD Governer we now have here in Virginia [whacko][whacko][whacko][whacko].

I'll give Warner a 4 bonehead/whacko star rating.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 12:48:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Great...two shootings in two days.

The first one was in NYC...nothing for the anit's to get pissed over.  Guns are banned.  Plus, no one was killed.

This one is in damn Virginia...a gun friendly state with a new moron governor--plenty for the anti's to bitch about on this one.

Just when you thought the idiots of this country were done.  Well, look at the bright side; we went about 6 mos. without a shooting.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 12:55:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Why the heck don't we ever see an asshole shooter get shot by his own gun? So many times the twit gets subdued by onlookers and they take the gun away.

Why can't it be like in the movies? Just grab the damn thing, turn it around and shoot the SOB in the gut w/ his own gun.

All in self-defense.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 1:25:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Anyone still willing to claim the .380 is a worthless round?

Anyway, why don't these people just stay home and shoot themselves?

Av.
View Quote

yeah it is worthless, but i must say it IS BETTER THAN NOTHING. but its close to nothing.....

no they shouldnt shoot themselves, more for the anti-s... they should hang/drown/slit rists.

[flame]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 3:19:12 PM EDT
[#23]
I know this is an old thread but I've been away quite some time and I think I could do some justice in revisting it. I live in Grundy, have all of my life. Last that was in the papers here is, get this, the shooter's appointed attorney's are not even local, they are high profile lawyers one of which is a law instructor. I needn't even mention that the state presssed charges against the NC LEO who stopped the shooting, firearm on school grounds.

Jake
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 3:24:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Do you have a link for this information?  Especially the charging of the LEO?
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 3:37:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
presssed charges against the NC LEO
View Quote

Ban LEO's .... for the children !!!!!!!!1

Damn this [i]is[/i] an old thread...  hmmm were was I aw, yes...
(chanting in circles)
Ban LEO's
Ban LEO's
Ban LEO's
Ban LEO's
Ban LEO's  
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I I needn't even mention that the state presssed charges against the NC LEO who stopped the shooting, firearm on school grounds.

Jake
View Quote

Damn.  If true, every cop in the state should go on strike.  That kind of crazy anti-gun bias can't be allowed to stand.

Imagine if a cop (or us) have to play the [i]"will I get prosecuted if I come to the rescue in this location"[/i] game?
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 4:13:33 PM EDT
[#27]
No link that I'm aware of but I can more than likely get a get a copy of the blotter from the local paper and scan it. Just have to track it down.

Jake
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 4:16:40 PM EDT
[#28]
You may even be able to contact the paper yourself for copies. Their website is [url]www.vamountaineer.com[/url]

Jake
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top