Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2009 6:02:54 PM EDT
is american history not taught in our schools anymore?? why is it so hard for younger generations to understand that govt healthcare has not been a sucess in any other country. Just for one look at canada and abroad. It has not worked and it HAS  proven it does not work. Are our children so caught up with A.D.D. and A.d.H.D and whatever the hell else they claim to have, that they cannot grasp it or that our schools choose not to enlighten them on it. I think a field trip is in order so they can see for themselves from the real people of those countries how poor a system it is. what say you ARFCOM?
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:05:30 PM EDT
[#1]
They'd only be shown the good side of it by their liberal teachers.  Sadly, it's going to take people dying of curable diseases before most of the younger generation...and I'm 26...will understand it's a terrible idea.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:07:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Field trip to another country?  Just walk into a VA hospital.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:10:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

good point...
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:11:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They'd only be shown the good side of it by their liberal teachers.  Sadly, it's going to take people dying of curable diseases before most of the younger generation...and I'm 26...will understand it's a terrible idea.

I'm afraid this is right.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:14:50 PM EDT
[#5]
mike moore did that. cuba is great!

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:18:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, it only took the VA 10 years to do the 3rd surgury on my left shoulder. Yes, govt. is free and it's plagued with bureaucrats.
That is all.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:23:57 PM EDT
[#7]
the V.A. is a good example but not easy to truly experience the humilition and frustration it entails..

BEST BET, Post Office, Week before christmas, on Friday, lunchtime..

thats a Prime example of hurry up and wait to find they are out of the xmas stamp you want. and your box is packed wrong.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:25:33 PM EDT
[#8]
and in areas without a VA, just go to your county hospital. You should be able to smell the way there
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:25:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 7:10:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

good point...

And it's from experience.  Well, from the doctor's side.  Many VA hospitals are affiliated with teaching hospitals.  I worked in two different ones during my training.  It's very difficult to get things done.

Not long before I left, they were training us docs to do our own scheduling to save money on a receptionist.  They had already eliminated the nurse that used to show the patient to the room, get vital signs, etc.  It all meant that you had less and less time to spend with the patient discussing medicine.

I also grew up in Canada so I know about it firsthand from there.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 7:17:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Watch this documentary called Dead Meat  It's about the Canadian health care system.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 7:19:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe you should teach them.

I sure dont beleive in socialized healthcare.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 7:21:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm of college age. I have a lot of friends who can't wait for "universal healthcare" just because "they won't have to pay for it". They also talk about how shitty healthcare is for soldiers and vets. I hate to say it, but they are too dumb/brainwashed to see the parallels. Michael Moore showed them how much better healthcare is when socialized. That's all they need and want to know.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 7:30:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Watch this documentary called Dead Meat  It's about the Canadian health care system.

right wing fascist propaganda.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 7:32:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I've been saying this for 30 years!
Just have them fix the VA first before they ruin all of healthcare.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 7:34:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Young folks don't need much healthcare.

Those that work just think they would see an extra couple hundred in the check in the .gov gave them healthcare.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top