Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2002 6:29:46 AM EDT
The anticipation for this movie is bigger than the days leading up to my wedding.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 6:34:45 AM EDT
[#1]
As long as your marriage lasts longer than the movie you'll be alright.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 7:34:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Sukebe, I'm rolling on the floor....

And I can't get up....

[>Q]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 7:36:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
As long as your marriage lasts longer than the movie you'll be alright.
View Quote

A year and a half and counting...
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 7:37:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I cant wait either. I have to work until 10pm on friday though, so I'll probably miss opening night. [:(]

This movie is getting a shitload of free advertising on the news lately too!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 7:38:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm taking my daughter to "Blues Clues Live" here in Indy on Friday night, so I'll miss the opening.  Indy 1500 gun show is the next morning, so I'm sure I'll hear plenty.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 7:46:34 AM EDT
[#6]
You guys will not be disappointed, I have seen the movie, it is absolutely awesome.  Within 30 minutes of the film, the Ranger and the Deltas are dropping down from the chopper for the assault.  The action continues for the next 100 minutes.  Just think of the first thirty minutes of Private Ryan, and stretch it out for 100 minutes.  you will get the idea.  Go see it and don't miss it. I will go this friday to see it again, and we can all talk about it afterwards.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 8:33:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The anticipation for this movie is bigger than the days leading up to my wedding.
View Quote

LMAO- Similar story..... but I had an emergency root canal the day before and was up on Vicodin for the whole thing. It looked like I was having fun in the pictures though. Thank God she loves me, going on three years and she bought me an AR10 Carbine for Christmas. Oh yeah she's a hottie too; 5'10", 135#, real blonde, blue eyes, big (real) boobs, and she's all mine.[;)]

I plan on being straight for the movie. [:D]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 9:07:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Long lunch tomorrow!

A man has to have his priorities straight, right?

[sniper]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 9:10:29 AM EDT
[#9]
It doesn't start till friday.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 11:39:53 AM EDT
[#10]
i dont get to c it till friday :( maybe if im lucky i can c it today [:D]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 11:49:35 AM EDT
[#11]
I saw it last weekend.
I think it's possibly the best war movie, ever.

It's a much, much better movie than "Saving Pvt Ryan".
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 11:53:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

LMAO- Similar story..... but I had an emergency root canal the day before and was up on Vicodin for the whole thing. It looked like I was having fun in the pictures though. Thank God she loves me, going on three years and she bought me an AR10 Carbine for Christmas. Oh yeah she's a hottie too; 5'10", 135#, real blonde, blue eyes, big (real) boobs, and she's all mine.[;)]

View Quote

Wife sounds like a real keeper. Mine is 26, 5'7", 135lbs., gray-blue eyes, dirty-blonde hair, and medium-sized boobs (just right).

BTW- if you have children and plan on having your wife breast-feed, be warned, her breasts will sag and not be "perky" anymore. Still, nursing is too good for your child and outweighs the negatives.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 12:03:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Wife sounds like a real keeper. Mine is 26, 5'7", 135lbs., gray-blue eyes, dirty-blonde hair, and medium-sized boobs (just right).

BTW- if you have children and plan on having your wife breast-feed, be warned, her breasts will sag and not be "perky" anymore. Still, nursing is too good for your child and outweighs the negatives.
View Quote

Nah, we've already had our kid, a freashman in college. BTW my wife is 42, looks 22.[:D]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 1:09:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 1:09:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Friday won't come soon enough.  I shoulda never read the book, now I want to see it 978.3% more than I did before.  I'll probably see it at least 3 times in the theater.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 1:36:37 PM EDT
[#16]
... anyone going Friday night from the Valley?
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 1:39:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 1:52:59 PM EDT
[#18]
I saw the movie Fri. and it won't let you down.  It truly brings alive the chaos of battle and the quietness of heroism.  The wife enjoyed (if that's the right word) it, the audience was silent throughout the entire 2+hours and there was no fake emotional stuff.  Probably understated combat to an extent.  The only part that got me was the "ting" of ricocheting bullets that the soldiers got used to but had me crawling in my skin sometimes.  Temporary hearing loss is likely prevalent in these things as one soldier personifies.

Even one scene where an especially dangerous Somali gets it raised no roars from the crowd.  It was weird.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 1:58:52 PM EDT
[#19]
There was a bad review of the movie from a communist rat licker from the NY Times.  I do not think this tard saw the movie with the same eyes as normal people do.  Other than some comments on the cenima, directing, and acting style, he did not like the thinly vailed "racist" story.  He didn't like the fact the Soldiers were white and the Somalians were black.  Well,  DU-UH!!!  I think that was how it happened!  Wait a minute! I know it happened that way!  WTF is "racist" about depicting events as close as they actually happened?  I personally think our elite soldiers will fight as fierce as they did against anybody who tries to kill them.  For all we know they could have been Germans, or English and the response would be the same.  Say, we did against the former about 57 years ago, and 218 years ago with the latter.  I guess we are equal oportunity after all.

I can hardly wait.  Only two more days!!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 2:06:52 PM EDT
[#20]
I am psyched about seeing this movie. I have read the book, was deployed to the Mog to mop cleanup, and I do think our boys kicked some serious ass there.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 2:32:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Again, I'll say it.
Quite possibly the best war movie, ever!
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 5:14:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm taking my daughter to "Blues Clues Live"
View Quote

I've been there!
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 5:20:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Went and saw BHD at Irvine Spectrum last night. It was awesome.

Paper
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 5:45:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Won't be here until the 18th of JAN.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 6:07:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
... anyone going Friday night from the Valley?
View Quote

I'm not much into opening night crowds...But damn straight I'll be there Saturday morning !!!

I'm more stoked than waiting to see [b]Apocalypse Now[/b] when it first came out.

[b] GO D-BOYS !!! [/b] [heavy]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 6:14:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Will catch it either Sat or Sun.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 6:42:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 9:17:54 PM EDT
[#28]
just saw it had to ahem sneak in  F*cking radio station promo. paper said it was open to public oh well awsome movie will c agien.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 11:25:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 5:24:11 PM EDT
[#30]
I hope the theater lets me bring my '67 vintage mags into the place, I'd hate for them to miss it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 5:43:50 AM EDT
[#31]
I can't wait to go see it. Hopefully people will recognize that this is the face of interventionism: Brave American boys dying for stupid reasons and other people's fights. Hopefully then we can bring all of our boys home and have them do what they are supposed to be doing: Protecting America and her borders. Doubt it though. Most will see this as a reason to be MORE involved in foreign entanglements and send more of our troops to die for no good reason. I pray for our nation.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 6:01:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Oh [i]please[/i]! [rolleyes]
Give it a rest.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 6:18:39 AM EDT
[#33]
.....Today's the day.....ta-da-data-da....can't wait to get out of the office and into the theatre....cannot wait....[bounce]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 7:00:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Man look at all the green BOUNCING.  I haven't felt this much excitement in years.  

AND FOR THOSE SEEING IT IN THE MORNING:

GOD HOW I LOVE THE SMELL OF NAPALM IN THE MORNING.

Benjamin

You know this is as close as our enemies will get to a ramadan for Americans.  Its one movie, but you can gauranttee that every service member in the world is going to see it.
Except those on the front lines.

I think they should release a movie to our troops in the front lines for free.

Benjamin
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 2:08:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Oh [i]please[/i]! [rolleyes]
Give it a rest.
View Quote

A far better man then me said it best:

For my own part, I consider it as nothing less than a question of freedom or slavery; and in proportion to the magnitude of the subject ought to be the freedom of the debate. It is only in this way that we can hope to arrive at truth, and fulfill the great responsibility which we hold to God and our country. Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings.
View Quote

-Patrick Henry,  March 23, 1775, The famous "Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death" speach

BTW, I leave in 10 minutes! I already got the tickets, 3 and a half hours early just in case! Can't wait!
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 2:23:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Just watched BHD about 30min ago. That was the best recreation I have ever watched..PERIOD.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 2:35:12 PM EDT
[#37]
I have a question for those who were over then in Somalia.

After you see the movie please post an honest review here regarding how close to the real thing this movie gets.

I don't know if I can watch something that's too close to what I remember but I'd like to try.

I think [marines]

Semper FI
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 9:58:15 PM EDT
[#38]
libby,

Those Army, Navy and Air Force personnel involved in the action were [b]MEN[/b].  Decent, honorable, courageous loyal men. You are the boy.  Wrapping yourself in the flag and quoting Patrick Henry, a man who evidently possessed more honor, courage and loyalty in his left little finger than you ever will in your entire body over twenty lifetimes doesn't lend a bit of credibility to your truly pathetic, misguided, warmed-over, isolationist, BS political rant.  You're way too young to be telling your elders and betters what they ought to think.

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Dave%5FG%2Flibertyof76%2Ejpg[/img]
libertyof76

Link Posted: 1/19/2002 10:48:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Is libertyof76 a Military Veteran?
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 11:13:03 PM EDT
[#40]
I saw it twice opening night in Dec. in LA.

I rocks.

Loyal to literature.

Excellent usage of my time (no dumbing down the screenplay and dialogue to explain items that can only be explained in a book).
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 1:10:56 AM EDT
[#41]
libby once wrote that he considered enlisting in the military but changed his mind because he believed that he would have difficulty following someone else's orders.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 7:47:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
libby once wrote that he considered enlisting in the military but changed his mind because he believed that he would have difficulty following someone else's orders.
View Quote

That explains everything. He makes a good nihilist.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 7:56:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

[img]http://www.ar15.com/members/albums/Dave%5FG%2Flibertyof76%2Ejpg[/img]
View Quote

[:)]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:00:18 AM EDT
[#44]
At this point I have neither read the book nor have I seen the movie.

Is this one of the usual cases where I should read the book first or........?????
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:32:59 AM EDT
[#45]
If you expect a movie totally faithfull to the book, you would be out of luck.  That movie would be about 15 hours long and would have cost a half a billion dollars to film.  Also, the producers had more access to information and participants than the book's author, Mark Bowden did.  So don't assume that something that wasn't in the book but was in the movie didn't actually happen.

The Army even sent actual participants to the set as part of the support crew.  (The pilot who landed the Little Bird to pick up the wounded Delta Operator in the movie was the same pilot who actually did that rescue in Somalia.)  

So...Read the book, then watch the movie.  Your understanding of what went on will be clearer on watching it on the screen.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:34:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
At this point I have neither read the book nor have I seen the movie.

Is this one of the usual cases where I should read the book first or........?????
View Quote

I read the book first and expected too much out of the movie. Hence for full enjoyment, I would advise to watch the movie first, read the book and then watch the movie again.
View Quote

Got it.  I'm getting ready to spend some Barnes & Noble Gift Certificates and the book is on my buy list.
Think maybe the movie works in for Tuesday.

Thanks !
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 4:17:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
libby,

Those Army, Navy and Air Force personnel involved in the action were [b]MEN[/b].  Decent, honorable, courageous loyal men. You are the boy.  Wrapping yourself in the flag and quoting Patrick Henry, a man who evidently possessed more honor, courage and loyalty in his left little finger than you ever will in your entire body over twenty lifetimes doesn't lend a bit of credibility to your truly pathetic, misguided, warmed-over, isolationist, BS political rant.  You're way too young to be telling your elders and betters what they ought to think.
View Quote

Look at that hostility! Did you know that Anger is one of the seven deadly sins?
Liberty forever and death to the interventionist ideology!
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 4:22:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Moderate Disgust, not anger, little boy.  It does no good to get angry at children.  They seldom learn anything from an angry adult.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top