Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2009 1:38:08 AM EDT
I started out in Mexico (Irony?), then with some careful planning, the world was mine.

Fuck you President Madagascar!
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 1:39:58 AM EDT
[#1]
You really should upgrade the quality of your posts. Jesus, it's people like you that gave us Obama.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 1:40:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You really should upgrade the quality of your posts. Jesus, it's people like you that gave us Obama.

Hey, get back to the other thread. This is my gloating thread.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 1:41:40 AM EDT
[#3]
i still havent killed the world yet.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 1:43:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Somebody needs to MSPaint rageguy as a virus of some sort to represent the frustration of port closures.

Congrats on your victory.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 2:35:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Big deal.
Now do it without rats starting in Cuba like I did.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 2:37:30 AM EDT
[#6]
What did you call it?
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 2:38:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep. Once my Muppet Rabies finally got Madagascar I never played the game again.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 3:16:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I still haven't got madagascar  But I always name my disease Democrats
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 3:19:19 AM EDT
[#9]
What are all these posts about? what game is it?

GR
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 3:22:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What are all these posts about? what game is it?

GR

Pandemic 2

Free browser based game.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 5:56:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I accidentally closed my best game yet.  I had about 80 percent of the world infected yet...and still no symptoms!  

Without symptoms, you can spread it a long way before people start to wise up.  Then throw in the lethal symptoms

without any lesser symptoms and watch the numbers change.

I'm still working on my strategies, though.  

CJ

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:15:26 AM EDT
[#12]
hook a brother up with a link
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:21:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:21:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Next stop: reality.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:24:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Next stop: reality.

Reality + GD = ???
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:57:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:59:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I just spit my fucking drink out!

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:07:14 AM EDT
[#18]
I had the whole planet infected for 40+ days and not one ship entered the port of Madagascar.

I was screaming like a buffoon for a one to enter the port, but alas, they finally closed it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:55:15 AM EDT
[#19]
This game is AWESOME...thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:17:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Zing
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:24:52 AM EDT
[#21]
I infected Madagascar, and for some fucking reason those normally paranoid fucks are now the ONLY port in the world that's still open, I hate this game.

North Africa went into lock down and foiled my apocalypse, NORTH AFRICA?!
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:54:30 AM EDT
[#22]
I think the trick is to buy all the transportation types, and resistances before any or a lot of symptoms. You wait it out until most countries have it and then POUNCE
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 7:56:09 PM EDT
[#23]
So far the best I've managed is to turn every country into a forsaken one except for Peru, Madagascar, and Indonesia, all of which had an infection rate of zero.

Every other country was DEAD.

The first thing I do is get the travel methods.  Airborne, waterborne, rats, and insects.  Then I add some heat, cold, and water resistance,

all the time keeping the symptoms minimal or non-existent.  Once the infections are in most countries, that's when I start heating up the

symptoms list.  "Heart failure" is a real hoot.

I hold back enough points to be able to add some drug resistance at any moment.  I don't add drug resistance until people are working on

a vaccine.   If I add it BEFORE work on a vaccine starts,  the vaccine will probably work.

Once I'm in this situation,  I start adding symptoms as fast as I can get points to buy them.   Meaner symptoms first.  Sweating doesn't do much,

kidney failure does a lot, as well as liver failure.   I'd rather save up points and get the mean ones first.   Fill in the rest LATER.

This whole game is very unrealistic because it's in the interests of any new virus or bacteria to adapt so that it doesn't kill the host.  If the host lives

and can tolerate the bug, that's an ideal situation for the bug.   Humans already host thousands of organisms that currently don't harm us in the slightest,

but at one time they were probably the new flu of the day...or maybe even worse.

CJ

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:06:30 PM EDT
[#24]
well that's just great it's midnight and I just found a new game to play...

GR
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:15:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Just tried beating it with a virus, and failed.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:20:59 PM EDT
[#26]
I haven't won yet.  If I get Madagascar, then Peru shuts it's borders.  If I get Peru, then Madagascar shuts it's port.  Frak!
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:35:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Snapped this screenshot at the last second

Yup, The bacteria named "ISLAM" got them all - even that one last Chinaman.

PS -Anyone that scores over about 140k on this game is cheating.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:41:47 AM EDT
[#28]
I beat the game a few times.  The first time I won, as luck would have it, I started in Madagascar.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:26:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

PS -Anyone that scores over about 140k on this game is cheating.

NO

There are two strategies.

You can try to kill every last person by going with a parasite:

START: Sell all symptoms, buy rodent borne (all transmissions and level 1 resistances if you are impatient)
Wait 30 minutes until all countries infected (if impatient wait the 5 or 10 minutes) and your points to build up.

When every country is infected, start adding symptoms and up moisture to level II.

If they notice you and start shutting down, buy all transmission, up resistances to level II (except drug), start buying infection traits (sneezing, sores, etc)  then buy kill traits (hypersensitivity, kidney failure)

If a vaccine starts and you are already in symptom buying mode, DON'T BUY DRUG RESISTANCE. Just buy enough symptoms to make everyone sick and die. The hospitals will all shut down before the vaccine is completed.

Unless you elect to be super patient, Madagascar will still probably get away. Whatever the case, it will take you 150-250 days and your final score will be 50K-100K usually around 80K.

My high score is 101K with this method.

KILL AS MANY AS POSSIBLY AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE WITH A VIRUS: Speed = Score

Start: Buy all transmission modes. Buy level 1 resistances. Buy coughing and/or sneezing if you don't have it.
Let it spread and wait until Madagascar shuts its port.
Buy level II resistances EXCEPT drug. (The hospitals are about to shut down)
If you need more regions infected, buy infection traits first. If you pretty much have all the regions you are going to get, go straight to lethal symptoms.

You'll get everyone except for Madagascar and maybe one or two other regions. You'll still kill 6 billion and you'll do it in about 60 days. Your score will be 150K-300K usually around 200K.

My high score is 234K with this method.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 12:36:05 AM EDT
[#30]

badass score but no madagascar
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top