Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2009 6:23:01 PM EDT
Lots of stress in my life now. It always happens when I have several very stressfull things pile up in my life.

Now is one of those times.

I know it is herpies and not the sexual type.

Any way to make it less painfull or go away quicker?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:32:08 PM EDT
[#1]
no help?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:34:06 PM EDT
[#2]
VALTREX. 1 or 2 a month best preventable medicine
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Go see a doctor and ask specifically for a FAMVIR prescription of atleast 30 pills.

Shortens duration and you can take one a day for two  to five days, keep the rest and the next time your lip stings or tingles go take a pill, and then take another the following morning.

The shit works, fuck all that abbreva and over the counter shit. But while you have one you can put neosporin with pain relief on it to help it heal and take some of the pain away.

If you are prone to get them get the prescription and keep it on hand, its worth it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:37:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Go see a doctor and ask specifically for a FAMVIR prescription of atleast 30 pills.

Shortens duration and you can take one a day for two to five days, keep the rest and the next time your lip stings or tingles go take a pill, and then take another the following morning.

The shit works, fuck all that abbreva and over the counter shit. But while you have one you can put neosporin with pain relief on it to help it heal and take some of the pain away.

If you are prone to get them get the prescription and keep it on hand, its worth it.

Thanks for the help. I'm unemployed and suprised my stomach ulcers haven't came back.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#5]
webmd is your friend....
lysine tablets

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:39:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Hang in there bro...
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:40:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Vitamin  C.  It isn't a "cure," but it will lessen the length and severity of the outbreak.  Take 1000 mg every 4 hours until it goes away.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:41:32 PM EDT
[#8]
marijuana
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:42:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

webmd is your friend....

lysine tablets

GD is my friend. And plus when other gun owners read the answers people post, it helps other gun owners.

Thanks for your advice though. I do appreciate it.

What are lysine tablets? How do I get them while being unemployed and what do they do?

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:43:00 PM EDT
[#10]
ocycontin
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:43:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

marijuana

not an option while I'm looking for employment.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:44:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

ocycontin

do you need my mailing address?

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:45:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Soon as you start to feel the tingles, take 3 grams of Lysine every 12 hours for three days.  It'll stop it in it's tracks.  Lysine is an amino acid found at Walmarts, CVC, Walgreens, etc.  By the way, I've never had a fever blister in my life.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:48:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
webmd is your friend....
lysine tablets

GD is my friend. And plus when other gun owners read the answers people post, it helps other gun owners.

What are lysine tablets? How do I get them while being unemployed and what do they do?

Lysine is an amino acid. Available in tablet form at GNC or similar stores. It's somewhat effective at preventing outbreaks. Worth a try at least.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:51:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Lots of stress in my life now. It always happens when I have several very stressfull things pile up in my life.

Get Zovirax from the doc. Zovirax can prevent an outbreak if you apply it when you start to feel that tingling on your skin.

Where do you get your outbreak? I usually have one every other year.

I've had the same problem since I was a kid, it sucks
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:51:44 PM EDT
[#16]
zovirax  2 days it will be gone.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:02:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
webmd is your friend....
lysine tablets

It's what keeps the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park from dieing.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:27:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Take 2 or 3 - 500mg caps of L-Lysine and 2 or 3 - 500 mg caps of L-Glutamine to start and then 1 or 2 caps of each every few hours
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:04:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Just nitpicking here, but ARFCOMers need to be reminded that Herpes Simplex 1, the virus responsible for most cold sores, can indeed be transmitted sexually.

Not saying that's how you got it, but just giving a friendly warning.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:09:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Beat me to it ... both are Herpes virus, just 1 and 2.  But both can be transmitted sexually.  Now that you have an active blister, you can give a girl a special present if she were to let you eat at the "Y"
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:11:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Dude you can go kayaking and sky diving now!
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:12:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
zovirax  2 days it will be gone.

+1 be sure to get the cream, not the pills
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:24:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 12:17:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Just nitpicking here, but ARFCOMers need to be reminded that Herpes Simplex 1, the virus responsible for most cold sores, can indeed be transmitted sexually.

I've had this crap since I was a toddler.  I've been married for about nine years and my wife doesn't have it.  Then again, she's never caught that other STD.  You know, kids!  

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 12:21:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 12:23:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Dude you can go kayaking and sky diving now!

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 12:27:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've had this crap since I was a toddler.  I've been married for about nine years and my wife doesn't have it.  Then again, she's never caught that other STD.  You know, kids!  

If you don't kiss her or come in contact with her when you have an outbreak or when the virus is shedding(invisibly) you won't infect her because it retreats back up into your nerves after an outbreak.

She's almost certainly infected with the virus, but asymptomatic, which most people are.  The percentage of those infected with HSV1 rises to about 90 percent above age 50.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 12:28:17 AM EDT
[#28]
If you don't kiss her or come in contact with her when you have an outbreak or when the virus is shedding(invisibly) you won't infect her because it retreats back up into your nerves after an outbreak.

I've got that, it's called sarcasm.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 12:29:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I've got that, it's called sarcasm.

Maybe, but it is also true.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 1:00:23 AM EDT
[#30]
I get these a few times every year.  Hold ice on it for as long as you can stand several times a day.  I usually know to stop when my lip is numb.  Take Lysine tablets.  Abreeva is pretty good stuff to be over the counter, helps clear it up faster.  At night, put Desetin on it, its used for daiper rash, smells awful and tastes like hot nasty, but it helps clear it up faster.  

As far as prescriptions go, I've had really good luck with Famvir and Zoverax but rarely use them because its a pain in the ass to get prescriptions out of my doctor.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 1:26:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

As I understand it, there are two types.  One prefers the mouth, one prefers the groin.

However, either can and will take up residence the non-preferred location.  

You could have the groin preferring version.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 1:30:16 AM EDT
[#32]
There is an over the counter thing that's supposed to help, but I'm having a hard time remembering what it is.

<––-not a pharmacist.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 1:52:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
ocycontin

Crack-cocaine works better.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 1:56:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I get these a few times every year.  Hold ice on it for as long as you can stand several times a day.  I usually know to stop when my lip is numb.  Take Lysine tablets.  Abreeva is pretty good stuff to be over the counter, helps clear it up faster.  At night, put Desetin on it, its used for daiper rash, smells awful and tastes like hot nasty, but it helps clear it up faster.  

As far as prescriptions go, I've had really good luck with Famvir and Zoverax but rarely use them because its a pain in the ass to get prescriptions out of my doctor.

Not ironically, knowing the taste of "hot nasty" likely got you where you are today.

[...and, no, I don't think I'm better than you ]
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 2:35:58 AM EDT
[#35]
2 grams of Valtrex twice a day for 1 day.  Also pick up some of that Chapstick "Cold sore therapy" gel(if you can find it)
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 2:42:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Soon as I feel the little itch/tingle I put on some abreva five times a day and take lysine twice a day.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 2:47:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Soon as I feel the little itch/tingle I put on some abreva five times a day and take lysine twice a day.

Thats IT!!

Abriva!! I know my damn commercials!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 2:50:45 AM EDT
[#38]
I've been using Tetrasil (all natural silver + oxygen skin cream) found on eBay.  Used it a few years ago and it has greatly reduced any outbreaks for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top