Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2002 12:17:14 AM EDT
I have been a CCW holder in Tn since about 1996, My question is what states are open carry friendly and for those living there, how many occasions are there for open carry? I don't think that if Tennessee even had a open carry tolerance that I would strap a hog leg on, with the exception of deer/raccoon/frog/squirrel/hunting and sometimes fishing. exedra ,....just curious....321
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 12:32:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 12:38:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't bother coming west across the Ole Miss to Missouri!

This place BLOWS!! as far as CHL/CCW/Open carry are concerned! You can own any weapon you want in this state too! Is it full Auto?? We don't care!
Can you carry a pistol on your person?? (sans hunting)
Hell no!

But we're workin on it!
[url]www.moccw.com[/url]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 12:56:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Gee that sucks Ruckus... (Note to self, hide the weapon very carefully and don't get caught next time I cross the USA dividing water) by the way Ruck I like the quote. Preach it brother preach it..If you are going to rock, rock hard!! 321 OUT
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 1:20:42 AM EDT
[#4]
IIRC Arizona is an open carry state
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 3:52:08 AM EDT
[#5]
IIRC Alabama is an open carry state also, but check the laws
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 3:55:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Kansas is open carry.  I have seen a few people doing it, but have yet to try it out myself.  I need to check my county, and city to see if they allow open carry.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 3:57:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 4:00:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Idaho is open carry.  No limitations beyond not carrying in a threatening manner ie. holstered handgun and slung long gun inside city limits.  I carry open when I feel like it or when riding motor cycle or flying.  Usually, basketweave rig or if riding thigh rig.  Planerench out.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 4:30:45 AM EDT
[#9]
one word  "vermont"
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 4:32:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Massachusetts is _theoretically_ an open-carry state, too. If you are licenced to own/carry a pistol here, there is nothing in any laws forbidding it, unless your LTC (lic. to carry) states 'target and hunting' or some such BS limitation.

Of course, it MIGHT not be a good idea to actually strap a gun to one's hip, as a scared sheep might get fearful, and charge you with 'brandishing' [rolleyes]........at the least, our anti-gun police WILL hassle you, big-time, when they spot a gun in a holster in the open.

But there's a twist: the CLEO in Shrewsbury, MA, is VERY anti-gun, and when the new law was passed in 1998, he immediately put on all pistol licences the limitation "no concealed carry", even though the law was supposed to allow CCW. OK, everybody thought, let's take him at his word, so, they walked around in public with holstered guns on the hip. When the licence holders were inevitably questioned/pulled over/accosted by security personnel and police, they showed the officers the CCW licences with the notation listed on it, and said, "Hey- we're just doing what YOUR chief told us to do...."[:D]

Soon the chief, red-faced, egg dripping from his chin, had to change his policy, esp. when it all got in the local rag.... Chief Wiggum is alive and well in Shrewsbury, MA[;D]

Oppression and harassment are a small price to pay to live in the land of the free.
- --MONTGOMERY BURNS
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 4:36:14 AM EDT
[#11]
NC is open carry.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top