Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/28/2009 2:05:17 PM EDT
Pandemic 2 is pissing me off. I can build some fucking uber virus that decimates every country's population worldwide, but Madagascar closes before it can get there.

For the longest time the ONLY symptom I had was fever. It's the least noticeable of all of them. And he CLOSES THE GODDAMN SEAPORT.  Some dude in Eastern Europe runs a fever of 101* and it's SHTF lockdown in Madagascar.

Whoever made this game is a sick bastard. He is the president of Madagascar, and lets his country live out of spite.  

Anybody have a good way (other then starting in Madagascar) to infect that damn country?
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 2:08:01 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Pandemic 2 is pissing me off. I can build some fucking uber virus that decimates every country's population worldwide, but Madagascar closes before it can get there.

For the longest time the ONLY symptom I had was fever. It's the least noticeable of all of them. And he CLOSES THE GODDAMN SEAPORT. Some dude in Eastern Europe runs a fever of 101* and it's SHTF lockdown in Madagascar.

Whoever made this game is a sick bastard. He is the president of Madagascar, and lets his country live out of spite.

Anybody have a good way (other then starting in Madagascar) to infect that damn country?

Go with a parasite... when you start the game, REMOVE any symptom that comes with it.

So there are NO indicators.

Then, make the vectors rodent (they travel by ship) and waterborne. Make it resistant to everything, level I

Turn the speed to full, then wait.

You will get them.

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 2:08:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats pretty much the only way to do it. Start there or be extremely lucky.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 2:19:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 2:33:50 PM EDT
[#4]
i cant get the damn game to right

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 2:35:15 PM EDT
[#5]
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

the one time i get both madagascar AND new zealand, damn austrialia goes into isolation.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:08:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Lol I just discovered this game yesterday and I didn't understand the madagascar posts till now... While I was playing, I said why is everyone dead in the world except for shithole madagascar.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:10:31 PM EDT
[#7]
i fail. i started in madagascar and peru and argentina locked up.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:10:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I have been playing this for a year and have yet to get Madagascar, I can wipe out the rest of the global nearly everytime I play.  You need to make symptoms  not obvious at all at 1st.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:11:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I got one better, I killed the whole world but South and North Africa.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:12:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:14:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

oh man that sucks. see if you can kill everyone but the USA
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:14:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I started in Madagascar last night and still couldn't beat the darn thing.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:16:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Got em!!  
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:22:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Link to game?

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:22:40 PM EDT
[#16]

current game below:

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:23:27 PM EDT
[#17]

This is, obviously, SHOOPED.

Quoted:
Link to game?

Kharn

http://www.addictinggames.com/pandemic2.html
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:25:56 PM EDT
[#18]
i just watched a ship with 90% chance of infection on a dead ahead course with muthafucking madagascar get turned away at the absolute last second, when they decided to close port. it scared my girlfriend when i screamed like a bitch.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:28:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This is, obviously, SHOOPED.

Quoted:
Link to game?

Kharn

http://www.addictinggames.com/pandemic2.html

Thought someone would say that, thats why the thread title is in the screen capture...  

Unless my sarcasm meter is broken again  
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:28:37 PM EDT
[#20]
UPDATE: well, i managed to infect the whole world but i don't have any points left to make it lethal.

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:29:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It may be.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:32:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It may be.

Haha...   thanks for the heads up!    

I was unable to get greenland and a couple others in S. America.

I didnt care, I got madagascar!
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:32:26 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

UPDATE: well, i managed to infect the whole world but i don't have any points left to make it lethal.

Now that's a kick in the pants.

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:33:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

FUCK YEAH!
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:38:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

FUCK YEAH!

you know what tell your fuckin people to lighten up its just a game goddamnit
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:39:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

FUCK YEAH!

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:41:03 PM EDT
[#27]
LOL, I am playing for the first time and it started in madagascar. It stayed in madagascar too, time to try again.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:45:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

FUCK YEAH!

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:48:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Now that's a kick in the pants.  

i managed to scrounge up a few points...apparently fevers are brutal if you're already infected.

got the whole world with a score of 58,336 and i managed to kill off greenland before they ever closed their harbors and airports.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:50:06 PM EDT
[#30]
What an amusing game.

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:50:32 PM EDT
[#31]
how do people get those ridiculous 300000+ scores?
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:53:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

the one time i get both madagascar AND new zealand, damn austrialia goes into isolation.

This is the exact thing that happened to me.

-X
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:54:56 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

i just watched a ship with 90% chance of infection on a dead ahead course with muthafucking madagascar get turned away at the absolute last second, when they decided to close port. it scared my girlfriend when i screamed like a bitch.

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:55:54 PM EDT
[#34]
I just infected Madagascar. Bawahahahahhahahaha!
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:58:20 PM EDT
[#35]
I think this game is basically unwinnable.

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:08:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Enite planet infected... All hospitals shut down... Everyone is sick... No one is dying... Yet... 'Til I get 22 evolution points.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:08:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I think this game is basically unwinnable.

no way people win this all the time. which means i will eventually
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:09:58 PM EDT
[#38]
First game on Easy using a parasite: 74646.
It'll be interesting to see what the nerds at work can do with it. I bet two of them will have critiques about how inaccurate the simulation is by the end of business.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:11:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Enite planet infected... All hospitals shut down... Everyone is sick... No one is dying... Yet... 'Til I get 22 evolution points.

won't happen for a looooong time. just give em a fever to get the ball rolling.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:15:08 PM EDT
[#40]
When you start, get rid of all the symptoms. Then buy all the methods of transmission. Then just sit back and wait for the whole world to get infected. If there aren't any symptoms even President Madagascar will be fooled. Then once the whole world is infected, use all your saved up points to max out the resistance and all the big nasty symptoms like encephalitis and hemorrhaging. Then sit back and watch the world rot away and die.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:20:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

won't happen for a looooong time. just give em a fever to get the ball rolling.

Already got hemorrhaging. Followed by a bunch of other things as they become available, focusing on lethality. Half the world population is dead already.

The key to this game is patience.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:21:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
When you start, get rid of all the symptoms. Then buy all the methods of transmission. Then just sit back and wait for the whole world to get infected. If there aren't any symptoms even President Madagascar will be fooled. Then once the whole world is infected, use all your saved up points to max out the resistance and all the big nasty symptoms like encephalitis and hemorrhaging. Then sit back and watch the world rot away and die.

its not that easy. madagascar shuts down regardless of the visibility, they shut down when other ports panic.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:22:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

its not that easy. madagascar shuts down regardless of the visibility, they shut down when other ports panic.

I just used that strategy and killed off the whole world. YMMV
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:22:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Tag - I lost the link to this game and I'm thrilled it got posted again!

I remember we were naming the viruses stuff like "Liberalism"...

"Liberalism has infected the United States"

"Oh. Wait...."

_MaH

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:22:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

this.

being bad feels so good.

So, what was the name of everyone's doomsday plague? mine was TEOTWAWKI.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:25:41 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

this.

being bad feels so good.

So, what was the name of everyone's doomsday plague? mine was TEOTWAWKI.

bacon flu- So tasty yet so deadly

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:29:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

To key is to go slow... Don't buy so many resistances that your disease spreads like wildfire... In fact don't go past the first tier. I suggest buying only rodent transmission... Than wait... And wait... And wait... Eventually you'll infect Madagascar. After that buy all means of transmission... Then wait... And wait... And wait... Eventually you'll have infected the entire world... Then buy the shit out of resistances and symptoms, focusing on lethality.

Easy.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:31:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Ten million mortal humans left... All infected... Mortality rate is spectacular.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:31:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Five million.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top