Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2002 3:14:03 PM EDT
What are the restrictions on firearms there?   Specifically full-auto weapons and firearms for self defense (concealed carry).

I'm having a discussion with someone and can't find decent information on line.  If you've got links, I'd appreciate it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 3:32:38 PM EDT
[#1]
We do have Finish members, at least one. His name doesn't come to mind at the moment, but he is around. Keep the post at the top of the list and he'll see it sooner or later.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 3:33:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 3:34:33 PM EDT
[#3]
His name is Tuukka, and yes, he has sent wonderful pics of full auto toys before, so I assume they can be legally owned there with appropriate licensing.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 3:45:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I knew we had one.  I remember the pictures of the arsenal.  I'll keep BTT'ing it until I get a response.  Thanks
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 5:17:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey,

Just noticed this thread. Here´s a quick explanation on the laws regarding full automatic weapons in Finland.

To accuire the "Extremely Dangerous Firearms", dont laugh that is what fully automatic weapons are in the government nomenclature, a person must file an application to become a weapons collector.

He makes an application where he states a collecting plan(can be very wide) and generally tells about anything that might have a positive impact on the officials.

It´s sent to the state officials(will change to a central office in the near future, i predict it will make things more difficult) and they either approve you or not, if approved you can buy any weapon type or brand you have specified in the plan.

The approval costs about 110 €, a onetime payment.

Every permit for an "extremely dangerous weapon" costs about 42 Euros(permit for an ordinary weapon is about 27€.

Sound suppressors are permit free.

I know that the process sounds complicated, actually it isn´t, there are no month of waiting for forms to clear etc.. the best part is the price of the weapons.

Hope Webshots is working now [:)]

[img]http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v4/9/76/98/29297698rvVbwmRrEi_ph.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 1/15/2002 5:26:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Muchas Gracias!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top