Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2001 5:16:09 PM EDT
It's ugly but in a sexy way. I know Smith&Wesson are "sell outs" but the 44mags of theirs are the only  new guns of theirs that I've been considering as ever buying.  I'll settle for buying an older Model 27 and their autos can be junked as far as I'm concerned, the Model 29 is the only gun of theirs that still holds my interest and continues to improve.

I also have a fetish for the color OD Green.

No, I'm not even gonna consider a Taurus or a C, C, C, Colt.

I'm just posting this to see what you other guys think about the gun itself, not S&W but the actual gun itself.  The damned performance center revolvers go for an arm and a leg though.

This thing is probably a performer, scope mounting the thing would be a piece of cake too.

[url]http://www.smith-wesson.com/sport/images/performance/M629STEAfull.jpg[/url]
[url]http://www.smith-wesson.com/sport/m629stea.html[/url]

It doesn't help that I won 1800 bucks in the Ca. Super Lotto about a week ago. I'm gonna really have to fight the urge to buy this thing instead of pay bills with the money that comes in.

Man, if only I got all 6 of the numbers of that 89million instead of 4 out of the 5 plust the stupid "mega" number, I had 5 out of the 6 numbers basically! Only two other levels of payouts were higher than mine, the next highest level payed out 23k dollars for getting 5 out of 5 with no mega number, and one person won all 89million dollars for getting all 5 out of 5 numbers plus the "mega" number.
Link Posted: 3/13/2001 8:21:37 PM EDT
[#1]
uglygun,
Get it.  NOW. The bills will still come in the mail, trust me... That's a cool looking revolver.
I am going to save up for the one S&W I've always wanted, The Bodyguard.  Now that it is made in .357, I've GOT to get one.  My preference is Ruger revolvers, but, that humpback Smith is going to be mine.  I don't care for the stainless finish, though.  I'll consider having it "tinted" matte black.  The Hogue grip will be a must.
Nothing wrong with the brand, it's been a Managerial problem.  I hope to hear you got the big .44 soon.  Atta boy!
Link Posted: 3/13/2001 8:44:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I had my eyes on a 629 44 mag. Think its a great gun but will now opt for a ruger.Will not buy a clinton n wesson.Not no not ever
Link Posted: 3/13/2001 8:50:51 PM EDT
[#3]
That is a cool pistola. How much?
Link Posted: 3/13/2001 9:15:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/13/2001 9:17:08 PM EDT
[#5]
UGLYGUN,
The real shame that you did'nt win the 89 mil.
is that you could have bought Clinton&Wesson
and told the Feds to EAT SHIT THE DEALS OFF!
Link Posted: 3/13/2001 9:41:35 PM EDT
[#6]
uglygun- Any word on whether or not it's passed the PRK's "safety test"? [:(]
Link Posted: 3/13/2001 9:48:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Theres a think line between love and lust...

Any chance you guys were in Hanoi with Jane Fonda ????

A HOUSE DIVIDED AGAINST ITSELF CANNOT STAND....

friggin commies...OUT DAMMIT...
Link Posted: 3/13/2001 10:02:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Ditto what CavVet said!
(it's also not on the DOJ list)
Link Posted: 3/13/2001 10:47:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Treetop, YOU BASTARD!  I HATE YOU!  Man, totally forgot about that.
Link Posted: 3/13/2001 11:27:07 PM EDT
[#10]
UGLYGUN:

This is Special Agent Smith from the Internal Revenue Service. I understand you have recently increased your Net Income for 2001 by a sum of $1800. Based on your Income Level we have determined that you should pay the following taxes:
Free money tax
Lottery proceeds tax
scratch tax
paper tax (got to pay for the tickets)
printers fee tax
shippers tax
vendors tax
losers tax
winners tax

After totaling the amounts for the above taxes we have determined that your total taxes payable on your $1800 lottery winnings are $2100. Please submit your payment by Certified Check or Money Order no later than March 23rd, 2001.

Your friend in government service,
Agent Smith

[:)]
Link Posted: 3/13/2001 11:36:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Treetop, YOU BASTARD!  I HATE YOU!  Man, totally forgot about that.
View Quote

Sorry, man. It's hurtin' me too.
I guess you'll have to get someone out of State to buy one, and sell it to you as a Used gun.
The law only applies to New guns, remember.[;)]
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 1:13:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Hummm. A clue perhaps, as to why Kali is so screwed up.
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 1:27:53 AM EDT
[#13]
The S&W website hit meter is going ballistic!!!!

They might think they're ok with "us" now.

It's too bad they're sellouts.

I wanted to get the Model 627-8shot and the Recon .45.

Maybe I'll sell my NIB 638 and get one of those Kimber's you guys are always talking about.

That Kimber Gold Match is sure looking good.

Those sellouts are even making the Schofield again.

They should've timed their sellout agreement better.  

Pukes!!!![puke]Pukes!!!![puke]
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 2:24:52 AM EDT
[#14]
S&W [puke]
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 5:08:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Damn Guys, This S&W crap is getting under my skin.  I just don't know what to do. I am almost ashamed to go to the range with the Smith's I have owned for 10 years. My 6906 9mm and Model 60 38 special have always performed flawlessly.  I shoot the 6906 almost on a weekly basis in a match.  Personally, I am very pleased with it's performance and accuracy.  I have NEVER had a malfunction with this piece.  I would stake my life on this one. Not to mention the 7 high capacity factory mags, holsters, pouches, etc. to go with it.  Do you guys really think I am doing the gun owning brotherhood an injustice by continuing to shoot these things in public?

Please give me some feedback.

Joe

Link Posted: 3/14/2001 5:25:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Mr Cope,

No I do not. I, like yourself, am riddled with guilt for the mere possession. But these fine weapons were bought at a different time, under different conditions. At the time when these were bought, this company had not declared war on myself, my Constitution, my country, or my way of life.

Should things change, i.e. a new owner, I will stand in line to support those who support me. To me, at this time, ANYBODY, who would spend money to those people, our true enemy, would crawl over 99  %^&(( to ^&)^ their own mother!

Just my opinion, I could be wrong......
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 5:27:02 AM EDT
[#17]
I've had alot of S&W 640, 640 357mag,649 BodyGuard in 357mag very very accurate,M&P 13,686, and I have a Semi Auto 5906 wich I traded for there smaller 6906! While there Auto's arent Top of the Line I think they are getting there with there new Series! There 5906 shoots a little over a inch at 50 yards! Anyway [b]I like my SIG'S BETTER!![/b] S&W makes the Best Wheel Gun's
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 7:09:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Been dealing for a pristine Model 52-2 for five months and it gets picked-up today!  It'll go with the Model 41 and Kimber to shoot 2700 matches.  Can't wait!  It was built as a feature-loaded competitor complete with adjustable barrel weight and all the parts are there.  Too bad S&W made a wrong turn, but they made some fine shooters in their time.

Arock out.
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 7:14:43 AM EDT
[#19]
I posted this same topic about this same pistol about a couple of weeks ago.
I was lambasted with 'I wont ever.....'
All I wanted to do was point out what a beautiful pistol this is. I even said 'dont buy it, just look at the pretty gun'
but noooooooo.
.02 for days.
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 7:43:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Well let's see, I live in a state where _used_ Glocks sell for over $500, and routinely over $600 in many cases.  Used Berretta 92's sell for over $600.  1911's?  Ha, just try to find one at a reasonable price.

S&W and Sig are the only choices for new handguns, I want a revolver - Sig doesn't make revolvers...
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 8:04:17 AM EDT
[#21]
S&W can go to hell.  My last two are for sale on consignment at the local dealer.  I will never buy another one.  I can't even stand the sight of the ones that I have owned for years.  Illogical?  Maybe, but they keep signing more of the same type of agreements.  I can live without any S&W.  A pox on them.
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 9:04:15 AM EDT
[#22]
uglygun, i understand.  clinton & wessons are nice revolvers.  however, why don't you look at a .454 ruger super redhawk.  they are fun to shoot (.45lc for practice).  i think i could pound nails with mine.  rugers triggers aren't as sweet as c&w's but they are accurate otherwise.  if you're handgun hunting, why don't you get a tc encore pistol. i have one with .308 and .45-70 barrels and i love them.  then, you'd still have money left over to buy another ar or something really cool for me.  good luck!
[pistol]
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 9:15:26 AM EDT
[#23]
I have wanted a 629 Extreme since I saw it at The Shot Show in Vegas last year but, I have resisted!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top