Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/24/2009 3:54:05 PM EDT
I replied to a for sale add off of sturmgewehr.com for a vector 53P. Came with a stock, sure fire flash light for end, mags, the works. The guy bought it, was going to SBR it, but never got around to it. His price was low, but it was about what the gun was worth before vector closed shop. So I figured he was just selling it for what he had in it. He posted it last Friday, the 17th.

Email him within an hour of the add being posted. Told him I would take the set up. Asked him what forms of payment was he looking for. Got a reply that he took cash, or MO, and gave me his phone number and said to call him if I was interested. I called him right away. Sounded like a guy who was just hard up for money. Lost his job, had to sell some toys. I said not a problem, I'd be happy to pick it up from him. I asked if he had any photos of it, just like to see what I'm getting. He said sure, he would have them for me by the end of the weekend.  Sunday rolls around, he emails me photos, I email him back, say it looks great, I just need his address so I can send him a MO. He emails me back Monday with his address, I go Tuesday, get a MO, and send it to him, priority mail. I send him an email saying he would have it by the weekend(see below)

Today(Friday) I get an email from him, I copied and pasted it here, you can see what I sent him on Tuesday below it:

Donald,I sold the 53 yesterday.My wife received your money order this morning however am unable to read return address.Please forward your last name and address so i can return your money orders.Will also enclose 20.00 to cover your expense.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 8:59:13 PM
Subject: Re: V53P

Bob,
Sounds good, there is a MO in the mail, you should have it by the weekend,
Thanks
Donald

Whiskey

Tango

Foxtrot!!!!

What do you fucking mean you sold the fucking gun yesterday??? What did you sell to me??? Hope and fucking change??? For christ fucking sake, I've spoke with the guy four times by phone at this point, no where did I ever say I wasn't sure, not once did I say I wanted to think about it. I was very clear that I was sending a MO on Tuesday as soon as I had your fucking address, I even emailed him to tell him I put the fucking cock sucker in the mail, how did you sell it two days later to someone else???

But wait.

It gets better.

So I call him as soon as I get that email. He picks up.

"Hey, this is Bob."

"Bob, its Donald, I'm calling about the V53"

"Oh, yeah, what's up Donald?"

"No idea, just got your email, kind of confused on how you sold the gun you said you sold to me to someone else"

"Oh, well, you see, I've been burned by deals on the net before, where guys tell me they sent me money, but never send it, so I just tell everyone who asks about it they can have it, and the first one who gets me money gets it."

"Excuse me? You do what????"

"I just tell everyone they can have it. That vector was crazy. I got 53 emails on it before I stopped responding, and I've had 23 people say they are sending me money. So far I've gotten 7 sets of MO's. I got one yesterday, so he gets the gun, the other six came today, so I'll get those mailed back out here at some point"

Bob Barber, you are slime of the earth. There are no words to describe the hatred I have for you. I swear to whatever you find holy that you rot in hell for this. I know that you will return my money, because you have $14,000 already from hard working people who believed your fucking dirty lies. I hope your trailer gets washed away in a flash flood, your dog gets shot, and your wife leaves you, but not before giving you every VD that is swimming around in your trailer park. And that would still be too good for scum like you. They should make a "kick him in the cunt" button just for you.

*********rant off**********

Yeah, I'm more then a little pissed. I hope no one else sent him money, but if you did, let me know. If you have any friends that said they found a smoking deal on a V53P, let them know as well.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 3:56:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Lol, so he's gonna send back all of those money orders with an extra $20 per person? Hope he made a prette penny on the Vector.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 3:59:44 PM EDT
[#2]
What a douche.

Do the have a feedback forum?
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 4:01:31 PM EDT
[#3]
That is kinda lame. I mean if it was Paypal I'd agree with him. The first one gets it but with a MO there's a slight wait for it to be delivered so what he did was pathetic.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 4:01:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Doesn't mail fraud fall in there somewhere?

Link Posted: 4/24/2009 4:02:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I concur with your
That is really f'ed up!   I have heard of shady dealing, but this guy has set a new high water mark.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 4:04:42 PM EDT
[#6]
God almighty!
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 4:04:50 PM EDT
[#7]
What a turd!
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 4:19:31 PM EDT
[#8]
That's a backwards way to handle selling something.

At least you get your MO back, plus 20 bucks.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 4:22:21 PM EDT
[#9]
10 for the rant; you're right on target.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 4:22:33 PM EDT
[#10]
That just doesnt even make sense. I wouldnt be suprised if he ends up keeping all the other money orders.

ETA if he returns all the other MOs then I would just say he is rude and stupid, but I wouldnt say I hated him.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 4:24:48 PM EDT
[#11]
You'll probably never see that money again. Nor will anyone else he just scammed.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 4:29:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Doesn't mail fraud fall in there somewhere?

I don't know. I would have called the post office, but I didn't get the email until 4:45pm, no one around at the PO.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 4:32:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Post contact info?  Firemission time?

I mean, 63 emails is NOTHING compared to what he COULD get...
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 4:32:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 4:33:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Lol, so he's gonna send back all of those money orders with an extra $20 per person? Hope he made a prette penny on the Vector.

If he sends them back at all. That's what I'm worried about. There is always a chance to get burned on the net. But this is pretty fucked up.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 4:54:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Wow. What a shitbag.
How hard is it to get your money back from a MO you already put someone else's name on?

Link Posted: 4/24/2009 5:01:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Damn, I saw the thread title and thought you were talking about me!

Trust my shipment arrived and you satisfied 100%

What a complete and total ass.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 5:09:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That is kinda lame. I mean if it was Paypal I'd agree with him. The first one gets it but with a MO there's a slight wait for it to be delivered so what he did was pathetic.

a deals a deal no matter if payment is by cash , paypal or glass beads , Please explain how p/p makes it different ?
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 5:14:58 PM EDT
[#19]
You stil use juno?  I thought i was the only one
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 5:16:15 PM EDT
[#20]
that sucks
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 5:18:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Have you emailed this to Buddy yet?  I'm curious as to what his response will be.  He's...different.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 5:19:11 PM EDT
[#22]
sounds like Dana Reed.. you got screwed...........
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 5:26:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Sounds like fraud.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 5:27:42 PM EDT
[#24]
You need napalm. Lots of napalm...
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 5:39:03 PM EDT
[#25]
that has to be one of the dumbest things ive ever heard... $20 bucks says he runs for dem office
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 5:45:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Wow.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#27]
I think you're only half as mad as you will be in 2 weeks when you don't get any money back.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 6:18:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Post this in sturm, buddy will ban his ass.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 6:27:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Bob Barber, you are slim of the earth. There are no words to describe the hatred I have for you. I swear to whatever you find holy that you rot in hell for this. I know that you will return my money, because you have $14,000 already from hard working people who believed your fucking dirty lies. I hope your trailer gets washed away in a flash flood, your dog gets shot, and your wife leaves you, but not before giving you every VD that is swimming around in your trailer park. And that would still be too good for scum like you.

*********rant off**********

Yeah, I'm more then a little pissed. I hope no one else sent him money, but if you did, let me know. If you have any friends that said they found a smoking deal on a V53P, let them know as well.

i think you were meaning slime, but anyway.   he can do what he wants, but he should have told everyone that was how he works, ie the first one to get money in his hands is the winner.    

I wonder what he does if he gets more than one MO the first day?

Link Posted: 4/24/2009 6:29:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Wow. What a shitbag.
How hard is it to get your money back from a MO you already put someone else's name on?

you have your name on it also, just take it to the local USPS office and cash it.   no problemo, other than the hassle
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 6:48:17 PM EDT
[#31]
I can't decide if this guy is a douchebag or just really, really stupid.

Link Posted: 4/24/2009 6:54:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
That just doesnt even make sense. I wouldnt be suprised if he ends up keeping all the other money orders.

ETA if he returns all the other MOs then I would just say he is rude and stupid, but I wouldnt say I hated him.

If someone knownly had 20 people send them money for one item, just to see who got it there the fastest, what will make you angry? Mad, angry, hate, whatever.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 6:55:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Post contact info?  Firemission time?

I mean, 63 emails is NOTHING compared to what he COULD get...

I know, but I'm going to hold off from doing something like unless I know he is scamming people. I mean, I guess he is scamming people, but until I know he isn't sending the money back, I'm going to hold off.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 6:57:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Wow. What a shitbag.

It depends. If he didn't cash them right away(which he usually wouldn't be able to do, my local post office has trouble cashing anything over $500 most of the time) then you can just go to the post office and cancel the MO. If he went to put them in a bank, it would usually take a couple of days to clear. I'm going to the post office tom morning to see if I can cancel them.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 6:58:45 PM EDT
[#35]
That sucks.  That guy sounds like an idiot.  I've never heard of anyone dealing like that.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 7:00:24 PM EDT
[#36]
What a jerk.  Although though I would be surprised if you ever get your money back without a giant hassle.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 7:01:34 PM EDT
[#37]
What he did is probably a crime.  I am not kidding.  There comes a point when a legally binding (verbal) contract exists between the buyer and the seller.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 7:01:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow. What a shitbag.

It depends. If he didn't cash them right away(which he usually wouldn't be able to do, my local post office has trouble cashing anything over $500 most of the time) then you can just go to the post office and cancel the MO. If he went to put them in a bank, it would usually take a couple of days to clear. I'm going to the post office tom morning to see if I can cancel them.

IIRC, you can't do much of anything in the way of claims on a PMO for 30 days. Might be wrong though.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 7:59:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Damn, I saw the thread title and thought you were talking about me!

Trust my shipment arrived and you satisfied 100%

What a complete and total ass.

Nope. Your stuff showed up just fine. Everything looked good. Now I just need something to shoot it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 8:02:45 PM EDT
[#40]
There are very few people who I feel really deserve to be just open-hand bitch-slapped, but he'd be one of them.

That is beyond stupid.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 8:05:09 PM EDT
[#41]
So, it was a money order rat race?

I'd be pissed if I had sent the money, but as a bystander I think its funny as hell, considering he will be sending $20 to 23 different people, meaning he probably only sold that gun at a loss if my math is right...
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 8:22:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
You need napalm. Lots of napalm...

I just wish phones had a "kick him in the cunt button" That would have made me feel better.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 11:18:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
That's a backwards way to handle selling something.

At least you get your MO back, plus 20 bucks.

It'll never arrive, and if it does, it'll be a forgery.  BTDT on an EBay auction that went the same way.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 11:23:18 PM EDT
[#44]
let me get this straight...Bobby Boy says he has been screwed over too many times on the internet...so he screws someone else over on the internet?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot indeed.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 11:28:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Time to involve the USPS, they don't take kindly to mail fraud.

I'm totally serious, it's the only way you're getting your money back.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 11:29:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Damn that was an well deserved and awesome rant.  Hope you get your MO back...and the extra $20.

What a fucking moron.  Sure you didn't send the MO to Obama...seems about par?
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 11:32:07 PM EDT
[#47]
This is why I buy new guns from gun stores.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 11:33:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Your not getting your money back from him.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 11:33:54 PM EDT
[#49]
How's it feel getting raped w/out the lube?  Buy from trusty ppl online and it's not an issue.  But the OP's issue at hand is a fucking weird one for sure.  And like others said...somewhere along the lines he has to be committing some sort of crime....I would think.

Quoted:

This is why I buy new guns from gun stores.

Link Posted: 4/25/2009 12:02:24 AM EDT
[#50]
That's screwed up. Big -1 and a link in the feedback at least so that he doesn't do this to anyone else.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top