Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2002 11:06:15 AM EDT
Hi, I was thinking about building a kit car, a K1-Styling Attack. I was wondering if anyone here had built a kit car before. How hard was it, how long did it take you?
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 11:18:14 AM EDT
[#1]
about 15yrs ago I helped my father put together a '53 vette based on a custom frame and nova doner.  It ran like a raped ape when done, chev 350 in about 1200lbs it would fly.  The fun was building it and blasting around for about a year, ended up getting screwed hard on the sale, that is another story.  the building took about 6 months off and on could have been quicker.  Plan on longer rather than shorter, plan on buying more tools than you thought, plan on putting it together and taking each part off several times.
it truly was a blast.

TRW
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 11:21:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Do the plastic ones count??? [:)]
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 11:25:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got a buddy that has built several, mostly Cobras and Healeys. First one he built about 15 years ago took him the longest, about four months every night for a few hours. I think most of the 'modern' kits take way less time to finish.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top