Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2002 9:52:39 AM EDT
I know most are familiar with this, but it's good to remind ourselves every so often how close we are to the Marxist Ideal:

Ten Pillars of Marxism:

Manifesto of the Communist Party
by Karl Marx and Frederick Engels (1848)

[b]1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes. [/b]
* In progress... (EPA regulations...)

[b]2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax. [/b]
*** DONE!

[b]3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance. [/b]
* In progress... (hefty inheritance taxes)

[b]4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.[/b]
*** DONE! (RICOH statutes)

[b]5. Centralization of credit in the banks of the state, by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly. [/b]
*** DONE! (Fed. Reserve)

[b]6. Centralization of the means of communication and transport in he hands of the state.[/b]
*** DONE! (FCC, Interstate Commerce clause)

[b]7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state; the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan. [/b]
* In progress...

[b]8. Equal obligation of all to work. [/b]
*** DONE! (Women's Lib)

[b]9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of all the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the populace over the country. [/b]
* In progress... ("Supermarket to the world")

[b]10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, etc.[/b]
*** DONE!

More than half-way there - Woooohoooo!!
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 10:06:40 AM EDT
[#1]
The complete document:
[url]http://csf.colorado.edu/psn/marx/Archive/1848-CM/cm2.txt[/url]   (Look in Section 2 for the ten points)

And, for comparision, the original platform of the Nazi party:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=76162[/url]

And our own Democratic party:
[url]http://www.democrats.org/issues/platform/platform.html[/url]

Link Posted: 1/15/2002 10:08:03 AM EDT
[#2]
You sure didn't need to remind me about #2 since 4th quarter taxes are due today to the IRS....
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 11:00:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I had to bookmark this page, so I could come back and look at the links.

Link Posted: 1/15/2002 11:04:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Good work The_Macallan.

# 10 is my personal favorite.

Link Posted: 1/15/2002 11:52:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You sure didn't need to remind me about #2 since 4th quarter taxes are due today to the IRS....
View Quote

Stinkin' rich bastard.  It is human abusers like you who are responsible for all the poverty and suffering in Africa!
[/DemocraticUndergroundMode]
[;D]

Link Posted: 1/15/2002 11:54:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
[b]3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance. [/b]
View Quote

Well, your kids can't inherit your registered "assault weapons" in Kali...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top