Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2002 3:05:02 AM EDT
I just watched Court TV (Crier Live) and they are debateing the Firefighter Memorial! The 3 FF that raised the Flag on 9-11. They are going to make a memorial statue and change 2 of the FF. One of them will be Black, one Mexican, and one White to make it PC!!!   I am floored!! I am not predjudice in any way shape or form so please explain to me WHY does this have to be turned into something RACIAL! What if it were 3 different Nationalities, then would they have changed them to WOMEN??? I would hope not.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 3:12:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry, but it's true!

There's been (several) heated debates on this very subject here in AR land. Check the archives and I'm sure you'll find a couple.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 3:21:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Heard it on Fox news the other day and all I could say is what BS. [uzi]
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 3:27:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm getting so damn tired of this PC crap and it really has got to stop. Although I understand, and agree with the desire to show, symbolically, the diversity of the city and of the victims, rewriting an actual historical event is just wrong.

Design a statue that has everything to do with the Sept 11th atrocity but doesn't recreate an image as familiar as the picture of the raising of the ensign over the rubble.

For instance they can design a sculpture of 3 firemen, or 2 firemen and a cop racing up the WTC stairwells loaded down with their gear. Hell, if you really, really, really need to use the image of the flag being raised, use faceless figures, depicting NO race other than the human.

Their are thousands of ideas that can be used for a memorial sculpture without revising history. This is just an example of intellectual laziness on the behalf of the people designing the memorial.

Link Posted: 1/15/2002 3:27:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry about the delay. I work Graves and don't get to T.V. much. I view AR15.com between calls at work so missed the other heated debates. Will go back and find some to get further info. Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top