Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2002 9:41:09 PM EDT
I bought this gun about 5 years ago, new in box never fired was going to be a shooters new project but lost intrest in shooting.  So what is so desirable about these guns lately I have heard alot of people express good feelings for these guns. by the way I love the gun and it would take some serious cash for me to part with it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 9:51:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I bought this gun about 5 years ago, new in box never fired was going to be a shooters new project but lost intrest in shooting.  So what is so desirable about these guns lately I have heard alot of people express good feelings for these guns. by the way I love the gun and it would take some serious cash for me to part with it.
View Quote

Your handle is 1911Greg and you don't know about the 70?
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 7:31:13 AM EDT
[#2]
The alledged advantage of the Series 70 is it lacks the firing pin safety. This increases the amount of drag in the trigger pull & thus drops off accuracy a tad. Every shooter is different & will have a different level of being affected by the FPS. The Series 70 is supposedly a better quality of fit & finish but that may or may not be subjective. There's a bit of demand for the 70s so don't just give the thing away!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top