Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2001 3:36:58 PM EDT
Heads Up! the Bill Goodman Gun and Knife Show is this weekend, Sat and Sun at the Nashville Fairgrounds, Nashville, TN.

Sat 9-5p, Sun 9-4p (march 17th-18th)

i'm going, hell, i always go. folks this is a decent gunshow, just wanted to share info with you folks in the KY, TN area.

happy shooting,
colt. [beer]
Link Posted: 3/13/2001 6:04:16 PM EDT
[#1]
btt. you ain't burying me that easy.
colt.
Link Posted: 3/13/2001 7:02:45 PM EDT
[#2]
The Bill Goodman's show?

In Nashville?

Dude, you have GOT to be kidding.

I gave up on that lame show so long ago... On the months were they have it in the well lit building, it's just barely acceptable, but when they hold it in that ill-lit cave, half of the vendors aren't even there, just a bunch of USA mags, and a couple of Lorcins and rusting gun parts, and the Ruger guy who never prices his stuff. Also the WAY Overpriced Prebans, the beatup police buybacks(glocks), the TEC-9 and Makarovs guy($99 SALE!), the subversive books guy, who won't take off the cheap looking nylon shoulder holster, the lady with the fluffy orange pomeranian, the grips and magazines tables(overpriced), the expensive huge gunsafes, the military memorabilia and badges guys, stuff all in grimy glass cases, the thousands of cheap Taiwan-made knives, lots of Winchester model 70's that nobody wants, and one or two really good deals...that never show up in the Cave Show.
(Now, Do I know this show, or do I know this show?) [:D]

I can't bring myself to go there anymore. Bad neighborhood, too.

I suggest the Bob Pope Gunshow, at the I-24 expo center near Smyrna. Better by far, IMNSHO.

They have everything listed above, sure, but they also have a lot of really good guns and dealers too-sometimes. The show is bigger, the odds are better, and I always find more deals there. I'll be there, trying to sell my Mini-14(long story).
Link Posted: 3/13/2001 7:13:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I will definately go to the Pope show. The Goodman shows are sh*t anymore. You can get reloading supplies a lot cheaper at the Pope show also.

I wam going to try and pick up an FAL this weekend. Like a bonehead I sold my inch pattern gun a few months ago. Got the jonesing for an FAL(again)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top