Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2009 8:41:30 PM EDT
PROBLEMS:

-A great many in our community have gone full retard and convinced themselves that O'bama is going to ban or severely tax ammunition, thus many people remain in a panic buy mode, soaking up as much ammo as they can, virtually by any means necessary.  

-This fear of Obama extends to firearms as well, with a great many sales people calling the president "The Best Gun Salesman Ever".  More people are buying guns, including NFA items such as suppressors.

-Ridiculous demand for ammo has skyrocketed the prices of popular calibers, leading many to reload ammo, which is becoming ever more expensive, or purchase .22LR conversions for their existing guns for cheap practice.

-Reloaders do not possess the option or inclination to reload .22LR ammunition

SOLUTION: capitalize on great market demand and compete against Federal, CCI, Aguila, Wolf, Remington, and Winchester and produce a high-quality ammunition optimized for use in .22LR AR conversions and suppressors.

Questions: what kinds of capital would be required to start a .22LR manufacturing facility (materials, land, permits) and what kinds of profit margins could you expect?  Assuming you set out to produce a relatively clean-burning, accurate, powerful-enough cartridge that would be ideal for use for the increasing amount of folks turning to semi-auto 22's and suppressors, what sorts of challenges could one expect to run into?  Could you produce (on a smaller scale, at first) a product that could match or exceed that which is currently available, and how much could you sell it for to expect any kind of worthwhile return?

Not seriously considering it, I was just wondering if anyone else has thought about it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 8:46:17 PM EDT
[#1]
By the time you got started the crisis could likely be over.
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 8:48:58 PM EDT
[#2]
If someone made jacketed 22lr that would be the bee's knees. I wouldn't have to worry about gumming up my .223 suppressor with lead fouling.

-JTP
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 9:04:02 PM EDT
[#3]
How about buying it all up from local stores, then making a special bullet tip made from some exotic material, swap tips on bought up ammo and resell it for twice the price.
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 10:11:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If someone made jacketed 22lr that would be the bee's knees. I wouldn't have to worry about gumming up my .223 suppressor with lead fouling.

-JTP

Here ya go: http://www.rimfireuniverse.com/products.html
Link Posted: 4/14/2009 1:57:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

-JTP

there's no information on pricing.
Link Posted: 4/14/2009 2:04:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

-JTP

I don't think you can actually buy them.  

I always assumed there was a reason that lead bullets were exclusively used in the manufacture of cartridges that used heeled bullets.  

That "infantry" bullet cracks me up a little.  Kinda corny.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top